Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2006 :  10:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
boombox..keep me posted if jefferson starship do make it over to uk as i'd cut off my right arm to see any of the original line up play live..they never come over here! do you know if grace will be singing or is she locked away behind her paintings still?
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2006 :  11:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
didn't know big brother and the holding company were touring! playing in Co Durham in August at a little festival, gonna get me to that one.
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2006 :  16:49:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

boombox..keep me posted if jefferson starship do make it over to uk as i'd cut off my right arm to see any of the original line up play live..they never come over here! do you know if grace will be singing or is she locked away behind her paintings still?

Keep checking here, I see Country Joe is with them on their US dates:
http://www.jeffersonstarshipsf.com/tour.htm

They were over here last June, saw them at the Mean Fiddler, band included Paul Kantner and David Freiburg who did Quicksilvers Pride of Man and Who Do You Love. Grace retired from touring in 1989, Diane Mangano, who has been with them 13 years, is a fine replacement.
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2006 :  16:55:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

didn't know big brother and the holding company were touring! playing in Co Durham in August at a little festival, gonna get me to that one.

Thanks for the alert on this one, should be able to get to the Borderline.

Edited by - mikeb on 21/03/2006 16:55:34
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2006 :  16:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Said I would post thoughts on the Black Crowes for Michael in particular, absolutely superb last night, came onstage 7.45, went off 10.45 with just a 15 minute break mid set, Chris Robinson has one of the best white rock and soul voices I have heard, one of the great American rock bands.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  00:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going to see the following live over the summer:

Bon Jovi (the lady is a fan!)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Eagles
Whitesnake (OK, I admit, this one is for me!)

Haven't got any smaller gigs lined up as yet, which is unusual for me, as I prefer them generally. May take in the Zombies gig next month, and maybe Leslie West and Roger Chapman too.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  00:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow! This I MUST see! I can get to Durham pretty easily! I will be keeping tabs on this!
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  00:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found some audio here of the current Big Brother and the Holding Company on their webpage, the female singer does a fine performance:
http://bbhc.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=0
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  02:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe I will die soon and then I'll have such a better selection to choose from man!Think of all rock and roll heavens band possibility's !

Peace and Love...God Bless...Michael...("Thanks Muddy Waters wherever you are for inventing electricity")
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  11:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think its a farm near wingate not far from peterlee, a weekend festival over the bankholiday and you can camp for free, i think the tickets are only gonna be about 20 quid. I had an email from the organiser as I wanted to know if BBHC were playing sat or sun and he's getting back to me so will let you know.
Also, had nice email from dave getz bb drummer, he's a very talented artist and is looking forward to the uk dates, gonna take my cd's to get signed "hopefully"
Go to Top of Page

The sweet disorder
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  14:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going seeing BB King soon on his farewell tour, providing, fingers crossed, he doesn't pop his clogs first!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  14:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i think its a farm near wingate not far from peterlee, a weekend festival over the bankholiday and you can camp for free, i think the tickets are only gonna be about 20 quid. I had an email from the organiser as I wanted to know if BBHC were playing sat or sun and he's getting back to me so will let you know.
Also, had nice email from dave getz bb drummer, he's a very talented artist and is looking forward to the uk dates, gonna take my cd's to get signed "hopefully"

That's great! Would appreciate any more info, if and when you get it! I am buzzing about the prospect of seeing these guys play!
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  18:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if yout have an myspace account you can keep an eye here on any info

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=49829816
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  18:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

if yout have an myspace account you can keep an eye here on any info

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=49829816

Alexander's Palace?

If it's the same Alexander's Palace I know of, they tour the working men's clubs of Newcastle, playing rock covers - Journey, Whitesnake, Meatloaf and that kind of thing!

All good fun, actually. The singer has got a terrific pair of tonsils on him.
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2006 :  19:38:25  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cal Jam

Going to see the following live over the summer:

Bon Jovi (the lady is a fan!)
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Eagles
Whitesnake (OK, I admit, this one is for me!)

Haven't got any smaller gigs lined up as yet, which is unusual for me, as I prefer them generally. May take in the Zombies gig next month, and maybe Leslie West and Roger Chapman too.

Where are the zombies playing?

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page