Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  22:18:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surprise, surprise, I'm off to see Country Joe McDonald over Easter - two gigs booked already and possibly a third in the works. The thing with his shows is he varies his setlist every night. Last year, I saw three shows in four days and there were only 4 songs played the same at each gig. Am also hoping he can persuade Bruce, David & Chicken to tour later in the year - really enjoyed the three Country Joe Band shows I caught on that tour too. (Note to jellybean - such bookings are not too financially excessive as tix only cost ten quid each!!)
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  04:26:45  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
what about Barry? That would be great!
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  12:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the heads up boombox, will check out the venues, I had a great time at the gig last year, went home with such a buzz
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  13:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

what about Barry? That would be great!

There was a 4 page interview with David Cohen I read in Holding Together, a Jefferson Airplane + related fanzine, when the Country Joe Band was over last year. There are clearly personal differences between Barry and the rest of the band, that I had not realised, that go way back.
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  13:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just booked Eric Burdon on Monday, then the Monday after have The Black Crowes booked so will post a few thoughts as I see that Florida Festival Michael is thinking of has them, on that festival list I saw Drive By Truckers last year, great nearly three hour set of Southern rock, my only criticism would be that their lyrics are very strong and insightful and they got lost sometimes in the sound mix, they have a new album out, have not heard anything from it but the reviews say it is a bit more introspective. Also saw Wilco last year who were superb, I like the way Tweedy's folk/country influenced songs are mixed with loud guitar rock and electronic noise, it is really quite original.

Edited by - mikeb on 10/03/2006 13:26:20
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  15:29:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks mikeb,I was first turned on to the Drive By Truckers from thier "Southern Rock Opera" which are all songs that pay homage to my Florida homeboys and one time aquaintences...LYNYRD SKYNYRD.Looking forward to seeing BB King again soon as well.

Peace and Love...God Bless...Michael...("Thanks Muddy Waters wherever you are for inventing electricity")
Go to Top of Page

Phil Brauer
Third Love

90 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2006 :  12:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob Dylan, first time, Apr 4
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2006 :  16:43:32  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for any kula shaker fans on here, having reformed they are doing a short set of warm up gigs in the uk....playing manchester, glasgow, northampton, coventry, london, nottingham, sunderland...think thats it. Plus they'll be doing a larger tour after this. Tis a good time to be a fan!! check out www.kulashakermusic.com

p.s apologies if ur not interested in this at all!!

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2006 :  10:17:01  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am hoping to go to either the Honiton or Somerton gig

quote:
Originally posted by boombox

Surprise, surprise, I'm off to see Country Joe McDonald over Easter - two gigs booked already and possibly a third in the works. The thing with his shows is he varies his setlist every night. Last year, I saw three shows in four days and there were only 4 songs played the same at each gig. Am also hoping he can persuade Bruce, David & Chicken to tour later in the year - really enjoyed the three Country Joe Band shows I caught on that tour too. (Note to jellybean - such bookings are not too financially excessive as tix only cost ten quid each!!)

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2006 :  10:18:50  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we are off to Utrecht in Holland today for The Doors 'Feast Of Friends' Meeting which is on Sunday

hey ho! lets go!

Edited by - steve64 on 17/03/2006 10:20:39
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2006 :  20:41:55  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Steve, we passed each other several times last sunday!Man, I didn't know it was you!!

Have a look at the Foto's and E-cards section on the jimmorrison.nl there's a pic with you and yer kid!

Well, maybe catch you April 14th at the Riders On The Storm gig

Cheers,
Ed

http://www.thefreedomman.com/
PRESS THE LINK!

Edited by - The Freedom Man on 20/03/2006 20:42:23
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2006 :  21:19:44  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ed..We arrived back from Holland today after a great weekend shame we missed each other in Utrecht! maybe see you at the Riders gig? we are also going to see The Jim Morrison Blues Experience in Veldhoven at Jerry's Music Cafe on the 15th April http://www.bootlegdoors.nl

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2006 :  22:04:21  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There a good cover band, The Bootleg Doors.The singer is much better now then some years ago.

See ya at the Heineken Music Hall then!

Cheers,
Ed

http://www.thefreedomman.com/love/mikepage2.htm
PRESS THE LINK!
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2006 :  01:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else going to check out janis ian on her upcoming UK tour? I have a recording of her from last year and she sounds like she still has it.

And speaking of other forthcoming gigs, steve, I will have to contact you nearer the time - I already have my tickets for Country Joe at Honiton and Somerton sorted. Have also recently found out that Jefferson Starship may well also be coming to the UK in June - will definitely make all I can of that.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2006 :  05:15:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm seeing Bob Dylan in Reno,nevada on April 1st and in Santa Rosa,Calif on April 4th. Also David Gilmour in May. I saw Willie Nelson at the Fillmore here in San Francisco and was sadly disappointed. Willie was okay but the band seemed like they were under hypnosis.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page