Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2006 :  21:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going to see one of my all time fave bands The Waterboys in Glasgow on the 28th of January.
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2006 :  19:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just booked for John Fogerty at the Hammersmith Apollo June 29th, announced Friday and tickets already going fast, it's seated so am hoping the audience stands up! Suppose I can only dream he will do Ramble Tamble. Anyone on the board seen him, I can't recall him ever having done a UK solo gig though he has been touring quite a bit lately according to his web site.
Also got The Black Crowes booked.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2006 :  00:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last time he was over in UK was as a support slot on Tina Turner's farewell tour.
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2006 :  14:49:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John Cale and band @ The Rocket London,tommorow (wed. 25th)
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  19:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ska legends The Beat, with No. 1 station in SLOUGH on Feb18th.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  22:18:37  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
going to see Riders On The Storm(the Doors 21st Century)in Amsterdam on Good Friday and then in June going to see The Who at Bristol Ashton Gate

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  22:34:56  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seth Lakeman, exeter phoenix 31st match '06....and a band called alfa 9 at the louisiana in bristol next thurs, highly recommend people to check them out, they sound great, u can download some demos at www.alfa9.co.uk well worth it.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  01:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ALLANAGAIN

Ska legends The Beat, with No. 1 station in SLOUGH on Feb18th.

the Beat????
Now was that Roger and Saxa ?

or Dave Wakeling?

or a Reunion?
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  13:51:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
steve..how much were the tickets for 21st century doors, really wanna go but amsterdam may be too much of a hike!
Saw them in manchester couple of years ago and they were great
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  02:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MIKE-B!!!!!!!!!! I can relate brother!!!!!That is probably my favorite CCR song(Ramble Tamble) and never heard him do it live :( Nor have I ever seen any video or heard any audio of it live too!!!Maybe one of these years he will dust it off and lay it on us one time man!!! Fingers crossed and I'm with ya. (pull it out the factry cosmo!)

Peace and Love...God Bless...Michael...("Thanks Muddy Waters wherever you are for inventing electricity")

Edited by - michael on 05/03/2006 02:29:36
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  02:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh!! And no concerts planned at this time....Keeping my fingers crossed Arthur will do something in Memphis with the newley rumoured band!Or at the very least ,..In the south somewhere not to far from my home.If not I am sure somebody will pop in to town soon enough.

Peace and Love...God Bless...Michael...("Thanks Muddy Waters wherever you are for inventing electricity")

Edited by - michael on 05/03/2006 02:35:11
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  16:30:28  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi..tickets cost 36 Euros each for the Amsterdam gig Dublin was 49 Euros each and I think Paris was about 70 Euros! seeing as there are no U.K. dates this time round we chose Amsterdam as me and the wife don't need much of an excuse to go there! going for the Easter weekend with the gig on Good Friday I was at the Manchester gig in 2004 too also saw them 4 times in December 2003,London Birmingham and twice in Paris,the best gig was in a small club in Paris on Jim Morrison's Birthday Forum at http://manzarek.thedoors.com/ website at http://www.raymanzarek.com

quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

steve..how much were the tickets for 21st century doors, really wanna go but amsterdam may be too much of a hike!
Saw them in manchester couple of years ago and they were great

hey ho! lets go!

Edited by - steve64 on 05/03/2006 16:34:01
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  21:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh lordy...so tempted to go to that doors gig but i have a placebo gig on the 8th april and a primal scream gig on the 28th april..that would be squashed in the middle...is that too excessive? will my credit card take the strain...advice people!
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  21:31:59  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Amsterdam for Easter you should go

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  17:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys have all the good shows.Right now in my part of the world(South Florida USA)there is a few good one's to choose from,But not too many.Our local offerings right now for this month consist of(I'm debating if I will see a couple if any at all) The Rolling Stones(saw them back in the day when they were still cool)Still listen to the old classic albums but will never atttend another show as well for many of the other artists too).Queen w/Paul Rodgers(long live Free and may Kossoff R.I.P.(A Fav)Little Feat,George Thorogood and the Destroyers,Leon Redbone,Bela Fleck and the Flecktones,Mofro,Drive By Truckers,Black Rebel Motocycle Club,Bonnie Raitt,Willie Nelson,Earth Wind and Fire,Joe Satriani w/Eric Johnson,BB King and what seems to be the most promising for me(as well as BB) to show up at is this usually cool festival they hold here in Florida every year called the Langerado Music Festival.The line up changes from year to year,And this years line up consists of Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals,The Black Crowes,The Flaming Lips,Wilco,The Meters,G-Love and Special Sauce,Robert Randolph and his Family Band(one time for my fellow poster of steel guitar love!)Steel Pulse,Keller Williams,Disco Biscuits,Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra,Burning Spear,Mofro,Umphreys McGee,Michael Franti and Spearhead,Drive by Truckers,Slightly Stupid,The Secret Machines,Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah,Kinky,Lake Trout and a dozen other local bands as well.I am familiar with 6 or 7 of these bands.Please if you have any input one who is real hot and worth getting to thier stage on time,I would appreciate the input.Well that about sums up the March scene down here! How does it compare to your part of the world?In my humble opinion it's a pretty dry month here in my town with only a couple of exeptions.What say you and whats happening in your town? I would love to get to know about your scene this month no matter if you think it's good music or not, just to get a feel of the place you call home or at least go off to concerts to.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page