Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  03:21:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody know what - and how - Arthur is doing?

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2005 :  08:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I would Love to know myself. Also, there was that recent post about him being very ill. I'd like to think he's relatively healthy and clean and connecting with some old Memphis musicians he's kept in contact with, and will tour once again, playing lesser known Love and solo material. But, yes, I realize this is extremely (even delusional) wishful thinking...

Michael Young
Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  19:03:38  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I talked to him for about half an hour yesterday and he sounded pretty good. He said something about Memphis being a little too calm for his personal tastes.
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  19:37:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My prediction -- Arthur and Johnny will reunite with Michael and LOVE will once again be alive

This is my hope

LOVE and Peace
Go to Top of Page

maldurqoue
First Love

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  11:52:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, they'll reunite, then embark on the "Forever Changed" (sic) tour, while Bably Lemonade is left to suck om on sour grapes.

Silence is a sound we hear far too little of these days.
Go to Top of Page

Judith
Third Love

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  15:29:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maldurqoue

Yes, they'll reunite, then embark on the "Forever Changed" (sic) tour, while Bably Lemonade is left to suck om on sour grapes.

I sense resentment in this post with another 'dig' at BL-hope we're not going down that path again!
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  19:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with you, Judith. Maybe we can weed out these negative posters by pointing the finger at them (I'm sure you can guess which finger). Or perhaps Torben can issue them a personal warning

BL has been a class act all the way. I want to thank them once again for keeping the legacy of LOVE alive all these years...and wish them the best of luck in all endeavors.

Let's all look forward to a New Year and a new beginning with LOVE in our hearts and kindness towards all. Nothing positive comes from negativity

LOVE and peace

Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  00:18:43  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
maldu....that's really negative and false. Lee and Baby Lemonade combined from natural dual attraction and purpose to do that thing we all LOVE. IT WAS MEANT TO BE. and now we all are grateful that A. LEE is still with us and changing , again! Baby Lemonade will always provide their art. it's all good. i enjoy LOVE's recordings, and will always remember the concerts. cant wait till Lee's next phase! B.L., Love, and Echols....GEEEEEZE! DO WHATEVER YOU DO! i've always supported you and pray for the best!
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  02:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree entirely with your post, FinelyFree. What's done is done.
Go to Top of Page

maldurqoue
First Love

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  08:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I've said before. I come down firmly on AL's side in any intra-band dispute. After all he's the genius and BL were the pick up band. AL was the talent while BL was a competent but unremarkable aggregation.

As for you finelyfree who preaches positivity on one hand and talks about 'the finger' on the other hand to anyone who would dare fall short of worshipping at the altar of Mike Randle all I can say is 'the finger' (whichever one you were referring to) right back at you.

Now, back to your regualrly scheduled programming of niceness, positivity and overestimation of the BL musical collective.

Mal

Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  14:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
old news maldurquoe im afraid, and i doubt u'll have many negative posts about BL on this board. AL's recent revival wouldnt have happened if it weren't for those guys, just remember that.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

stefaan
Second Love

Belgium
45 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  17:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

old news maldurquoe im afraid, and i doubt u'll have many negative posts about BL on this board. AL's recent revival wouldnt have happened if it weren't for those guys, just remember that.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

Couldn't agree with you more John!
When I think back at the times I saw AL with BL, it was LOVE at first sight!

Greetz,

Stefaan
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2005 :  20:42:02  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeh definitely stefaan....if it wasn't for BL i probably wouldve never seen Arthur Lee perform live. So i'm very grateful to them for that.

Go to Top of Page

Judith
Third Love

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  00:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Three years ago I took 4 friend to see Love. They'd never heard of the band, but they found the music awesome. Interestingly they weren't too keen on AL as it was not his best performance, but they thought MR et al were brilliant. We all saw 3 shows each year after that and they became keen fans of AL too. My point is, without BL, AL would not have had these fans support. Good luck to all!
Go to Top of Page

johnnylovejoy
Second Love

38 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  02:17:40  Show Profile  Visit johnnylovejoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is none so blind, as he who will not see!

That kind of crap has nearly destroyed this board: Please let's not start it up again!!
Thank you in advance: Johnny Echols
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  03:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said, johnny - thread closed, torben??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page