Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Phil Brauer
Third Love

90 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  03:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why in the hell should he close this thread? It started asking about how and what AL is doing in Memphis. If you guys want to shut peoples opinions out you should make this a private board, exclusive to your pre-approved members only, then it would truly suck, and be boring as hell. I agree with the previous posters about BL and how without them I would never have gotten to see Love...but I also don't get into a **** fit anytime someone says something negative about them either.
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  07:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, Mal, you and I agree on one thingAL was the talent and BL were the pick-up band. Arthur and Johnny are LOVE...and hopefully they'll reunite by next year and pull it all together one more time(fingers crossed).

I think Mike is a nice guy, but I've never stood at his alter worshiping him -- on the contrary -- I've taken heat from some of his most passionate supporters over the fact that I've always felt that BL was backing up LOVE as opposed to being LOVE. One thing that can't be denied, BL truly did help bring LOVE back to life...and aren't we all grateful for that

I can see how you might take offense at my comment, Mal, and I'm sorry for that. I hope you'll continue to show your interest in the group and share your opinions

We're so lucky to have Johnny around to communicate with us, so I'd like to support his request. Thanx, Johnny
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  17:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My reasoning behind closing the thread was that we should not encourage a return to the petty sniping that took place through August and September, which has driven away some longer standing members of the board. Perhaps "thread closed" was the wrong suggestion - "moderate this thread" may have been a better suggestion, but when people start answering each other back in posts, it's likely to go pear-shaped - again!! My sentiments are the same as Johny's - we dont need to go dragging back over the past, but look to the future, whatever it will bring - I for one am glad Arthur is getting frustrated with Memphis being too calm - shows some of the fire is returning.
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2005 :  23:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johnny-I agree...well said!!

Always a pleasure hearing from you, Mr. Echols

Allan

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page