Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Wendy from When
Third Love

79 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2005 :  22:24:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way....this for/or aginst diatribe was set in motion by MR/BL's "we've decided to carry on without AL" nonsense. I just find it ludicrous that they he assumes that because they played the music in such an excellent manner that they are equipped or entitled to "carry on the legacy".I think it is becoming apparent that that idea is little more than rock and roll vanity. I AM NOT AGAINST BL. I am a Love fan and to me and most others...AL is Love. In the pantheon of Rock music BL is replacable...AL is not. So all this talk of BL/JE or "The legendary Gethsemene" project is simply wishful thinking...that's all.
Go to Top of Page

Robert
First Love

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2005 :  22:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allan, have a look at 'Internet Trolls'-may tell you something about opinions.

Robert

Edited by - Robert on 26/09/2005 22:38:02
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  00:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johnny said that Gethsemane was his project, and that the material exists. I really doubt he was lying, but I realize it's not a given it will come out.

IF it does...I assume that Arthur's involvement will be 0%...but I'm very interested to hear it anyways. Better for it to come out under a name besides 'The Love Band', but whatever the name it doesn't diminish my interest in the material.
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  00:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My thoughts exactly . At the Cafe du Nord Arthur
continually kept referring to this new club he and
Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were going to open in LA.

Yea right. GO ARTHUR !

quote:
Originally posted by jimmyboy

So, Arthur is headed for Memphis? What happened to the famous night club he was gonna open in Los Angeles? While were at it it, how about the BOOK?? Dream on.......

Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  01:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by finelyfree

I know we are all upset over the split and the delay in announcing ANY concerts for either AL or TLB.

Nobody is denying AL's talent -- whether or not he's a genius is not for me to say -- that's up to a higher power.

This whole thing is one F***ING MESS -- a fact I think we can all agree on. So, here's a question to throw out there: Would BL have made this move if JE hadn't rejoined the group??

Finely, thats the 64,000 dollar question. My guess is that it all depends on just whose idea it was for JE to join the band permanently. I did hear on one of the cds, where JE was doing a guest spot, AL say that he had invited him.
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  01:38:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AL is the only one who could have invited JE. Don't forget, JE never even knew BL until he did his guest spot. And has been well documented, AL was the leader who made all decisions.

Since BL has been taking this abuse for quite some time (per MR's diaries), I wonder if JE's decision to leave with BL gave them the energy they needed to break off from AL???

Where this leaves Johnny remains to be seen. Just when he was finally able to make some dollars after over 3 decades, it all fell apart. I can only hope for the best. Maybe it's not like Humpty Dumpty...maybe these life-long buddies can put it all together again

Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  01:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by finelyfree

AL is the only one who could have invited JE. Don't forget, JE never even knew BL until he did his guest spot. And has been well documented, AL was the leader who made all decisions.

Since BL has been taking this abuse for quite some time (per MR's diaries), I wonder if JE's decision to leave with BL gave them the energy they needed to break off from AL???

Where this leaves Johnny remains to be seen. Just when he was finally able to make some dollars after over 3 decades, it all fell apart. I can only hope for the best. Maybe it's not like Humpty Dumpty...maybe these life-long buddies can put it all together again

So it was AL who had JE come join the band "permanentely'??
If that is the case, then I think there could still be hope, if the parties chill.
Go to Top of Page

Scottishkeith
Third Love

82 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  11:36:37  Show Profile  Visit Scottishkeith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't been on the board for some time as I was fed up reading remarks by people who didn't actually know some of the real facts surrounding the relationship between the bands an A.L.

Now maybe Mike should not have put our all his dirty washing for everyone to see but let me tell you he had real cause to.Unless of course you're the type of person who get's death threats on a regular basis.

I'm glad to see that Arthur is moving to Memphis , hopefully he'll get his head together again because it ain't been for quite some time.
When he's on form he's a star.

As for new material I personally don't think you'll see any from Arthur , the pressure to fail will be too much.

Mike and the guys had written some new "Love" material but I think that may well get shelved. There are other projects to be worked on and I'm sure thye'll continue to work with Johnny Echolls.

Let's face it folks we had a great 3 year spell but it's over and we must move on. If your were lucky enough to see Arthur , Mike , Rusty , Chapple and Daddyo (also the orchestra) during their tour a couple of years back you were certainly priviliged, I for one will never forget the experience. If you didn't then buy some of the DVD's available.

Best wishes to Arthur , hope you can get back on the rails and as for Mike and the boys well as they say in Scotland "what's for ye will no go by ye"

Keep The Faith

Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  13:43:02  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just about says it all

thanks sk

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

Wendy from When
Third Love

79 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  17:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh....New Blood is good blood

people keep writing about AL being "embarassed" and having a 'fear of failure". Are we talking about the same fellow. I have never seen or heard anything in his actions that would indicate that he gives a damn about what anyone else thinks.
but then perhaps i just haven't read the right anecdotes or been around for long enough
Go to Top of Page

Scottishkeith
Third Love

82 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  18:50:06  Show Profile  Visit Scottishkeith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wendy from When

Ahhh....New Blood is good blood

people keep writing about AL being "embarassed" and having a 'fear of failure". Are we talking about the same fellow. I have never seen or heard anything in his actions that would indicate that he gives a damn about what anyone else thinks.
but then perhaps i just haven't read the right anecdotes or been around for long enough

I don't know about being around long enough but, you probably haven't been close enough

Anyway all water under the bridge now.

Go to Top of Page

Wendy from When
Third Love

79 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  19:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good,,,, all friends now!!!
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  21:19:03  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well said ScottishK. I agree with Lizzy.
And Robert, looked up internet trolls. I think you got it!!!

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  23:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the reference to 'internet trolls' is offensive to WFW and completely unnecessary. She is just voicing her opinions, and some of them happen to be very correct. You may not want to hear it, but it's true. LOVE without AL will never succeed. TLB has a slim chance with JE, but don't forget that JE and AL are "brothers" and that alliance will NEVER go away.

I'd be careful about hurling insults, Cheryl -- especially considering your recent posts about racism. A white girl in Orange County -- what a surprise -- NOT!! Have you ever visited a dear friend in jail after he was hurled to the ground and beaten just because he was DWB? Based on your comments, I doubt it.

Edited by - ladylove on 27/09/2005 23:27:00
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2005 :  01:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You don't dump on your 'brother'. Everyone on that tour - ie. including JE - lost a lot of money due to Mr.Lee, who, I'm sure, if he regarded JE as unavoidable 'colateral damage', will have doubtless by now opened up his coffers - which he must have, if he was going to open a club - in order to compensate him. What odds?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page