New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2005 :  09:39:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Farewell, its been good to know you but its time I was moving along, its doubtful I shall be here again. (same goes for Caryne).
Oldfaratplay or anyone else who may want to message me, southbanknyc@nyc.rr.com I also use MSN messenger and Myspace under safeasmilk.
When the music's over, turn out the light.

Scottishkeith
Third Love

82 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2005 :  11:46:17  Show Profile  Visit Scottishkeith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheers Larry,

I just posted a message this week for the first time in months but I'm of the same sentiment.

Adios!!

I was dressed for success
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2005 :  13:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad to see those who have been here such a long time feel there is nothing left to do but abandon ship - especially as they really understand both Arthur, the band and the two combined. Just my luck to discover a ship of fellow fools just as she begins to sink.

What is even worse is that the arguments seemed to have settled now, as we all wait to see what both AL and TLB are going to do next.
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2005 :  16:27:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry-I think I understand how you feel. I'd rather see you lurking and replying as appropriate rather than 'moving along'. Your first hand knowledge of the business by being a promoter, and everything that you have shared with us will be missed. It looks like this MessageBoard has been ripped to shreds. Where is the LOVE?

Allan
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2005 :  22:56:12  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lurking - good word - I guess there's been a lot of that going on.

It's not the same is it - time to move on I guess as well.

Life's too short
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2005 :  23:28:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, I think this thread should be under Love/Arthur Lee and The Love Band. Some of us don't even look at General Discussions about Music, which is supposed to be for topics other than the previously listed.

Secondly, I'm wondering what happened to the expression: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going?" I understand the frustration and disappointment we're all feeling regarding the recent events, but that doesn't mean that the music has stopped. Let the rest of the year play out and give it a little time. You might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome

Lastly, if there's nothing to talk about, just don't post Your decision to say Farewell is rather dramatic and doesn't show any support for LOVE, TLB or BL...

LOVE and peace to all--

Edited by - ladylove on 28/09/2005 23:38:07
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2005 :  03:43:37  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i'm staying 'cause i still like being plugged in to the info and communication regarding A. LEE, Love, and Johnny Echols, and B.L., AND the LOVE BAND. there several aspects of regard , here! it just gets curiouser and curiouser!
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2005 :  21:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by finelyfree

First of all, I think this thread should be under Love/Arthur Lee and The Love Band. Some of us don't even look at General Discussions about Music, which is supposed to be for topics other than the previously listed.

Secondly, I'm wondering what happened to the expression: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going?" I understand the frustration and disappointment we're all feeling regarding the recent events, but that doesn't mean that the music has stopped. Let the rest of the year play out and give it a little time. You might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome

Lastly, if there's nothing to talk about, just don't post Your decision to say Farewell is rather dramatic and doesn't show any support for LOVE, TLB or BL...

LOVE and peace to all--

Maybe only Baby Lemonade fans should post on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

JohnFPorcaro
Fourth Love

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2005 :  23:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Larry.
Baby Lemonade are excellent, love Mike & John
especially, but Arthur is the man.
The last 3 year’s have been this Love/Arthur Lee fan’s
dream come true. I’m from the NYC area(New Jersey).
I couldn’t catch them in 2002, but did get to see them
at Town Hall twice(2003 & 2004) & at Warsaw once in 2003.
Got to meet Arthur & John at the last Town hall concert.
My consolation in all of this is that I do have the F/C DVD +
The House of Blues DVD. Plus, the resurgence made me listen the the post F/C stuff. Four Sail & Vindicator are great albums, with gems on ALL the others.
I gotta admit, I’m sad, I would have been there this Saturday at BB’s.
It’s been a great 3 years. Sorry to see it end.
As Arthur would say(but NOT do), “Love one another”.
P.S.Thanks to all who help me obtain recordings I could not get.
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2005 :  23:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, yee of little faith

What makes you think that AL and JE won't come back with a new band since it's obvious BL and AL will not be working together anymore

I'm looking forward to a good 2006

LOVE and peace --
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2005 :  01:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, yee of little faith

What makes you think that AL and JE won't come back with a new band since it's obvious BL and AL will not be working together anymore

I'm looking forward to a good 2006

LOVE and peace --

Here's to 2006.
(Snoopy on drums)
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2005 :  01:48:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think MSW would be better, but -- hey, why not have both of them
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2005 :  19:34:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think MSW would be better, but -- hey, why not have both of them

Double drums sounds like a good idea.
JE on guitar. Shuggie or Shuggie JR on second guitar.
AL on vocals, tamborine and maracas.

Sounds like a plan.
Go to Top of Page

oldfartatplay
Third Love

74 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2005 :  15:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry,I don't know if you are still casting one weary eye over these boards,but I will definitely be in touch one way or another over the next few days(When I can get my teenage kids off the computer long enough for me to gather my thoughts!).Trust that you caught the Scorcese/ Dylan documentaries last week......reminded me that most(including Mr.Lee),are mere pygmies when it comes down to the bottom line.Bob still looks cool too,opting for a Old Testament/Mississipi Gambler chic look these days......apt in these times of Hard Rains & Biblical Floods me thinks.'Blind Willie Mctell'has been on replay in this household for several weeks now,along with blasts of the mighty Neville Brothers,and a fantastic Geordie slide-guitarist by the name of Johnny Dickinson who we caught up at the Cambridge Folk Festival,and who I just know you will love!Until later...regards - JR
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  17:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'm not going anywhere. As far as I'm concerned this is still the best place to come for info on anything Arthur Lee and Love, and of course that includes Baby Lemonade and all past members of Love.....and future ones as well! Thanks to Torben for a great web site and forum. Keep the faith.
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  20:40:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well said O.M....keep the faith indeed, I,M LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT 2006 same as WAXBURN.
"but if you just can,t make the ROOM, ...look up and see me on tHE MOON!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page