Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  15:20:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, this update on Arthur seems to have metamorphosed into a best Love gig thread! Best for me in recent years(out of 20 shows) - not necessarily in order were: Shepherds Bush, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Concorde first two shows, and one of the Cambridge shows (though, I've never seen seen the band do a bad gig). Love, John E
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  16:47:04  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
best gig since 2002 would have to be The Fleece in Bristol as the band were great and also I got to shake the hand of Arthur Lee after the gig! Manchester Academy in early 2003 was another of my faves! but then I have enjoyed them all

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

oldfartatplay
Third Love

74 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  18:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to agree with LarryNYC about Glastonbury 2003 which really was a very special day.Arthur,Love,& the Stockholm Strings on The Other Stage facing West into a slowly sinking fat 'ol sun,bathed in a golden glow(which I for one always associate with West Coast music!),and giving a stunning performance of 'Forever Changes',the ultimate in heat-haze shimmer soundtracks.....it was a privilege to be there.The only glitches being,having to stand through a whole set by the truly appalling Libertines (to ensure a good spot for Love's set),and not getting to meet Larry(who must have been only a few feet away!).The icing on the cake to make that day truly memorable,was catching an absolutely riotous & blistering set by The Damned on the Avalon Stage later that night!
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  20:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John E

Well, this update on Arthur seems to have metamorphosed into a best Love gig thread! Best for me in recent years(out of 20 shows) - not necessarily in order were: Shepherds Bush, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Concorde first two shows, and one of the Cambridge shows (though, I've never seen seen the band do a bad gig). Love, John E

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  22:40:10  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waxburn

"There is no Coach House CD. People can and should talk about whatever they want. Who said they shouldn't?"

?

you aren't Karl Rove, by any chance,NG?
:-)

You didn't have your brain chemically removed by any chance, did you, Waxburn?
Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  23:07:55  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jazmaan

The best show I've seen - the show that topped them all -- was House of Blues Hollywood with the Forever Changes ensemble. That show was recorded several different ways with at least two video cameras, an excellent audience recording, and - correct me if I'm wrong Newguy - a soundboard? Sure would be nice if the soundboard and the two video sources could be edited together. Arthur was at the top of his game for that show. Maybe someday it will see the light of day again.

That would be nice. And of course, Johnny and Don were there that night as well...
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  23:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
?
How did you plan to "torrent" the Coach House show, if you never had it?
Do you have "Arthuritis"?"

Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2005 :  03:52:50  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Were any of the above-mentioned outstanding European shows recorded?
Go to Top of Page

HE SEES EVERYTHING
Second Love

Cayman Islands
32 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2005 :  18:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

True, but it wasn't JUST Arthur that created all that 'great' music it was a whole bunch of musicians and, maybe it's time everyone got their due respects?

Caryne,
You could not have put it ANY better than this!!! Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2005 :  19:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HE SEES EVERYTHING

quote:
Originally posted by caryne

True, but it wasn't JUST Arthur that created all that 'great' music it was a whole bunch of musicians and, maybe it's time everyone got their due respects?

Caryne,
You could not have put it ANY better than this!!! Thank you.

HSE, we must have forgiveness in our hearts.
:-0
Go to Top of Page

Fred in Bed
Third Love

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2005 :  20:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just as long as there isn't a Stalinist revision of history. I know his actions have been completely reprehensible, but I'm sensing an 'Arthur bad, band good' vibe gathering momentum that could lead to a Stalinist revision of history among some fans where Bryan's songs were the best and Arthur didn't really write his anyway.

Like I say, he's in the wrong, but it doesn't mean everything he's ever done has been wrong.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2005 :  21:03:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Just as long as there isn't a Stalinist revision of history."

Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2005 :  23:29:44  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Waxburn, its a well known historical concept that history books are written by the "winners" - of wars, elections etc etc. Is the concept of the Stalinist revision of History a little too on the intellectual side for you perhaps??

Good point, well made, Fred in Bed
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2005 :  00:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tina

Waxburn, its a well known historical concept that history books are written by the "winners" - of wars, elections etc etc.

You sometimes need a scorecard, though.

Is the concept of the Stalinist revision of History a little too on the intellectual side for you perhaps??

Probably.

Good point, well made, Fred in Bed

I said that.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2005 :  03:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waxburn is an annoying jackass.