Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  23:50:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jazmaan, there is an embargo on cds, that the powers that be have imposed on me, any way I can get a copy of that show?
:-)
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  01:20:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why would anyone want the COACH HOUSE show..i heart he had a major meltdown at that show like the one on that spanish website.
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  01:26:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jazmaan you are so right on about the HOUSE OF BLUES SUNSET STRIP show..i too was there standing by the soundboard..classic as well as classy..as I mentioned in earlier posts, I FOUND A COPY OF THAT SHOW on dvd at Amoeba on Sunset...I remember seeing them for sale at KNITTING FACTORY BENEFIT several months later.
Go to Top of Page

hvy2nz
First Love

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  01:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why would anyone want the COACH HOUSE show..i heart he had a major meltdown at that show like the one on that spanish website

signed dc 22 minute opening song

please i said please arthur get better
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  01:40:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signed DC 22 minutes long?
as soon as I listen to it, I promise to condemn it.
If it exists, of course.
Go to Top of Page

hvy2nz
First Love

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  01:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you serious wxbrn? : ) opening song, al remember'd every word, killer harp, dark moody with extra comments by al, and i'm not just talking about nancy/fancy the pit bul or dc the drummer passing or..... 50 years old and my only love/al show....ever...hope its not the last...feel the love

A R T H U R L E E

please arthur get better.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  02:20:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HVY2NZ, send to it to me, with a note
telling me to:

A- Condemn it
B- tout it.

but, send it.
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  05:15:58  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I missed the last Coach House show. But I thought the previous Coach House show was quite good with a very enthusiastic crowd. Unfortunately the sound board recording from that show was sub-par because the soundboard itself was screwed up that night.
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  05:20:00  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As for the House of Blues show. I'm sure it will resurface sooner than later on Ebay or something. There must be more than a few copies of it floating around. As far as I'm concerned that's the best show Arthur's ever done Stateside. I'd be curious what the contenders are for best European show ever?
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  05:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glastonbury 03 was astounding jazmaan, a beautiful sunny day, great sound and Arthur singing like a lark, the band and orchestra tight as a nut! The only tiny little glitch I can remember was that the sound engineer missed the opening notes to the trumpet solo in Alone Again Or.
Go to Top of Page

Conrad Conrad
Second Love

26 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  06:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I attended the House of Blues Forever Changes show and enjoyed it a lot. But the Henry Fonda Theatre show was a much better show. THAT was the best Love show I've ever seen. I would love to get a DVD or that.

C
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  10:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best UK show? That's a tough one because it all depends on your own frame of mind - personally for me Milton Keynes at the start of the Forever Changes tour - me at the front seeing the band perform that album in its entirety for the first time - and I met Lizzy for the first time there! That aside, I reckon Shepherds Bush Empire last year was pretty much up there with the best ones.

Larry I wasn't at Glastonbury but I can see how that must have been an amazing gig having watched the TV coverage.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

Mushroom Clouds
First Love

15 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  10:42:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Conrad, you make a very good point. I was also at both the HOB show and the (2003)Fonda Theater show and they were both amazing. The HOB show was about as close to perfection as you'll probably ever get, Arthur & the band really hit a homerun that night... truly an unforgettable experience. On the other hand, I left the Fonda show with an emotional high that is just hard to describe. They were just a little more raw that night and I mean "raw" in a good way, they just blew the roof off that night. Overall though, I'll take the HOB show, with Fonda a close second from the 10 or so Love shows I've seen. The first one at the Knitting factory and the Disneyland HOB show were also alot of fun.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  13:32:01  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My favourite gigs are mixed up with all sorts of memories, like Gill's, of all the different people I have met..guess this makes some more special than others. If I had to choose though, I would say the one at the Fleece in Bristol in September 2002 (where I first met Mike..and, of course, was given his diaries to type ) and the QEH one in June of that year, sitting at the front, with a mate who had been a fan all his life (and the person who introduced me to the music) and just being amazed at what we were seeing.
I understand Shepherds Bush last year was very good too but, for some reason, seem to have had a little too much to drink there......

Edited by - caryne on 25/07/2005 14:04:20
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2005 :  14:00:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have to agree that that 2002 Fleece show was a killer - also my first Love show, so I'm biased.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page