New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  05:49:17  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waxburn

I just knew that Newguy wouldn't be left out when it came to the phone messeges!
:-)

Newguy, keep your options open, Arthur's demise-just a guess, I don't really know anyone in the upper echelons of the administration- has been somewhat exaggerated.

I wish I could understand what you wrote. How many incomplete ideas can you cram into a paragraph, anyway?

Why would I be left out of discussions of messages? I have dozens of 'em lying around.

Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  05:52:40  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

ocfan, we have to wait for the transcript of the Coach House show- Newguy promised to post.
I heard a rumor that Arthur became indisposed when one
of his pit bulls knocked him down, bruising several of his ribs.

How did you manage to conflate "But I am thinking about torrenting the Coach House show!" into a promise to post a 'transcript', whatever that means.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  06:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, you post the 'torrent' and I'll type up the transcript,
deal?
You only show 6 messages.
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  06:05:17  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I heard a leopard knocked him down?

Cheryl
Oh and Waxburn the New Guy has been a part of the AL entourage or was I guess I should say for quite some time. Just doesn't post much.

Edited by - ocfan on 24/07/2005 06:07:10
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  09:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its good too see the famous New Guy is still upright..when that fellow asked about new recordings a few posts back, I said to my self exactly what Nick said..NO WAY! I met New Guy at the infamous Spaceland horrow shows last year and even then I got the impression he knew that the end was approaching. Nick is smart and a gentleman and didn;t go into heavy details.Personally,I would love to have some more recordings too but I'm sure in order to do that he would have to have communication with Arthur and that does'nt sound like a pleasant conversation at this time. How about some recordings from this last Arthur-less tour! Arthur would probably burst!!
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  15:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've kept fairly quiet regarding Arthur's demise but I thought it was time to add my thoughts.

I've been lucky enough to attend a lot of Love concerts - most of them over the past three years with the wonderful Love Band that we have now. I first saw Arthur in 1970 which was amazing as I never thought I'd see the band live, and then again in 1974 when to be perfectly honest I didn't quite know what to make of if - somehow it was disjointed.

When they first came over to the UK in 2002 I'll admit I was initially reluctant to go and see them, but my husband Colin persuaded me to go - he knew how much their music meant to me - and we managed to get two seats in the back row at the Queen Elizabeth Hall. I sat through that concert transfixed, with tears rolling down my face - it was just sublime, there was so much energy and Arthur was in top form. I couldn't talk about anything else for a week afterwards it was so good.

Since then I've been to about 20 gigs and have to say that at some point during 2003/4 Arthur was at a peak - he was in such good form his voice just soared and held you spellbound - and he is a brilliant performer.

However, having seen the video of Spain last year and heard the reports from other fans, and of course reading Mike's Diaries, I have to say that I think this is a man who has always had serious problems with the way he treats people. It's plain to see that no one should have to put up with the sort of abuse he has handed out to his fellow musicians, who have played the music with such love over the past few years.

There's no point arguing amongst ourelves - Caryne, Tina and Lizzy are only speaking the truth and are dedicated followers of a band that deserve our support.

Having seen The Love Band at Milton Keynes all I can say is that I am looking forward to many more evenings being entertained by them. They are committed to the music and now they have Johnny Echols on board I am sure his influence will begin to show.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  16:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ocfan, Newguy is(was) part of the entourage? Im SHOCKED, I would never have never guessed!!!!!
(I hope he is not an aspiring songwriter. :-) )
(ps what I meant was that when he found out that people were
getting nasty phone messages from Arthur that he would right away
chime that he was getting them too. :-) ),

I read Mike's latest Diary; personally I think he should write a book, his style is great (do NOT let NG mess with it. :-)) Call it "Another Day in the Music Biz".

If Mike is reading out there, maybe he can send me the Coach House cd!!
Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  19:42:48  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ocfan, Newguy is(was) part of the entourage? Im SHOCKED, I would never have never guessed!!!!!
(I hope he is not an aspiring songwriter. :-) )
(ps what I meant was that when he found out that people were
getting nasty phone messages from Arthur that he would right away
chime that he was getting them too. :-) ),

I read Mike's latest Diary; personally I think he should write a book, his style is great (do NOT let NG mess with it. :-)) Call it "Another Day in the Music Biz".

If Mike is reading out there, maybe he can send me the Coach House cd!!

Hey, Waxburn... when you're Q-tipping your ears in front of your mirror do you ever see the waxburnt end of the swab you insert in your left ear sticking out the right ear?
Go to Top of Page

Mushroom Clouds
First Love

15 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  20:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waxburn, are you smoking the same crack that Arthur is?

Please give it a rest, you're not making any sense.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  20:24:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't expect me to make any sense, MC!
:-) Don't put that weight on me.

ps-OOOPS, that kind of rhymes, doesn't it? I better
copyright it!
@copyright 2005 waxburn
(you can never be too safe)

Edited by - waxburn on 24/07/2005 21:08:25
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  20:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Hey, Waxburn... when you're Q-tipping your ears in front of your mirror do you ever see the waxburnt end of the swab you insert in your left ear sticking out the right ear?"

I'll try it next time, NG, if you recommend it.

Hey, what gives on the Coach House cd? Are we not supposed to talk about that? Since when?
Very confusing.

Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  22:00:48  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Hey, Waxburn... when you're Q-tipping your ears in front of your mirror do you ever see the waxburnt end of the swab you insert in your left ear sticking out the right ear?"

I'll try it next time, NG, if you recommend it.

Hey, what gives on the Coach House cd? Are we not supposed to talk about that? Since when?
Very confusing.

There is no Coach House CD. People can and should talk about whatever they want. Who said they shouldn't?

Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  22:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"There is no Coach House CD. People can and should talk about whatever they want. Who said they shouldn't?"

?

you aren't Karl Rove, by any chance,NG?

Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  23:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I've been very busy of late, and am only just catching up with all this. I've just read Gill's post on page 4, and I have to say that I agree with every word she says. My own experience of Love has been virually identical to Gill's - I saw the band in 1970, again in 1974, and 21 times since! (unfortunately only once, this summer).Love, John E
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  23:41:02  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The best show I've seen - the show that topped them all -- was House of Blues Hollywood with the Forever Changes ensemble. That show was recorded several different ways with at least two video cameras, an excellent audience recording, and - correct me if I'm wrong Newguy - a soundboard? Sure would be nice if the soundboard and the two video sources could be edited together. Arthur was at the top of his game for that show. Maybe someday it will see the light of day again.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page