Posted - 22/07/2005 :  22:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OKAY I APOLOGIZE..I'M SORRY.
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2005 :  23:46:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been a member here for quite a while now. It became apparent to me early on that Caryne, Tina, LizzyB, even Gill are special people for the band. And Torben, TNG, The Freedom Man, Jim, several others. Caryne is out-spoken at times, but she really means well. She's like the band's 'unofficial' promoter, and I say that in a positive vain. I also feel that the band is 'entrusting' to Caryne.

These past 18 months have been trying for the band (obviously), the fans, management, and venues. I know that I had some serious thoughts about Arthur after seeing things like 'Banacasm'. But all of the members here didn't want to talk about what might have been happenning, because that's like spreading rumors. I think that most here want to look on the good side of things. Maybe we all tried to pacify ourselves...'Arthur had a bad night'-whatever.

All of this makes me think about 'Pegasus Carousel'. Here's another original member of the band that has had his 'effects' of being with Arthur. Snoopy was quite distraught when he was subsequentally 'fired' by Arthur. Don't forget T-Jay. What do you think life was like for Johnny. I'm sure he had to come to terms with his 'effects'. I held Arthur in high regard because I felt he was such a legend. To me, a legend is a person that you look up to, okay idolize, because it seems that everything a legend does is a good thing - a positive. But when a legend hurts people 'knowingly' [refusing to appear, filling members messaage box with threats, etc], that's not a good thing - a negative. To me now, Arthur's a genius songwriter, but that's about it. He's not such a legend to me anymore.

Allan

Edited by - Allan on 22/07/2005 23:49:19
Go to Top of Page

Lina
First Love

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  00:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, after reading about all his crap, you're probably not alone in your mixed feelings about Arthur.

He effed up and effed up BAD - and has only himself to blame.

I hope he gets it together and gets the help he desperately needs, at least for his own good, but all my support is with the LOVE Band.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  11:58:56  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, many of the above posts have said it all...as for the 'thought police' poster, well on every board there's always one who just pops up occasionally to say something offensive or contentious and then disappears..I guess many people know just who that person is here.
Go to Top of Page

loveundpeaceGünther
First Love

Netherlands
4 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  14:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're flattering me.. I'm afraid you're wrong, though. Anyway, things have obviously been out in perspective lately, and if the Love band will ever play in Holland again, I'll probably be there. I just didn't like like the Burg Herzberg gig. That's it.

love + peace
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  21:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"In all fairness I have seen people flip flop in their support on this board"

sadly, ive been slightly before and then after, the curve.
i see that newguy is back. any chance of getting some cds now?
:-)
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  23:17:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

...Arthur.

He effed up and effed up BAD - and has only himself to blame.

May he 'think of where he was, and he know what he was supposed to BE!'

... Bummered.

Jon
Go to Top of Page

Fred in Bed
Third Love

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  01:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't know too much about the politics of it all. Hey, if people are getting hurt it's a bad thing. I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if Arthur's hurting pretty bad too. I genuinely feel sorry for everyone that's suffered in all this stuff.

But it does kind of go with all the history, doesn't it, so I guess no-one is too surprised.

All I know is, Arthur HAS performed well this year cos I saw it. So did the band too - a GROUP effort. And I also know the guy is a genius. He is the way he is and if he wasn't, we wouldn't have that great music. And the guy's behaviour shouldn't detract from his genius or music. It's only hearsay but I've heard Beethoven wasn't much fun to be around!

This is a pretty facile take on it, I know. But I care about that music. So big respect to Arthur as the main creative force and big respect to the band for also caring about it so much to keep the flame burning in spite of everything.

Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  01:47:05  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waxburn

"In all fairness I have seen people flip flop in their support on this board"

sadly, ive been slightly before and then after, the curve.
i see that newguy is back. any chance of getting some cds now?

Not a chance, dude. But I am thinking about torrenting the Coach House show! Hey, the BBQ is almost ready but Mike wanted to say something:

ok, well, my marinade for the chicken (i quartered it) is coriander, tangerine juice, garlic, soy sauce and chili oil and am nearly ready to throw it on the grill. TNG brought over some coals and i also made potatoe salad (3 potatoes, half med. size oinion, 2 celery stalks, paprika, salt, pepper, 4 boiled eggs and some other stuff...yep, straight throwin down...)

Just to set the record straight, I also brought over a sixpack of Hefeweizen, a bag of Fritos and a bottle of Orange soda for the 2 kids. Anyway, it should be interesting to see what the future holds for everyone involved... BTW, I have my own theory as to why AL didn't get on that plane. If I'm right, you won't ever see him on a stage again, with or without the "Love" band.

An unnamed source, high up in the administration, suggests that dissecting the rant in SF will provide a clue...

Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  03:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thenewguy
BTW, I have my own theory as to why AL didn't get on that plane. If I'm right, you won't ever see him on a stage again, with or without the "Love" band.

An unnamed source, high up in the administration, suggests that dissecting the rant in SF will provide a clue...

Got a feeling you may be right and things are happening pretty quickly - the lovewitharthurlee site is down, replaced by a message which reads: Please stand by for some exciting new developments and a brand new website very soon.
In the meantime, follow this link to Torben Skott's fan site.
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  03:31:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SF show rant...anybody know the details? I read here that Arthur was talking about Don Conka, but that's all I've heard/seen about it.
Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  03:37:24  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruxprncd

SF show rant...anybody know the details? I read here that Arthur was talking about Don Conka, but that's all I've heard/seen about it.

Close, but no guitar.

(thanks for the awesome setup)

Edited by - thenewguy on 24/07/2005 03:39:47
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  04:24:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just knew that Newguy wouldn't be left out when it came to the phone messeges!

Newguy, keep your options open, Arthur's demise-just a guess, I don't really know anyone in the upper echelons of the administration- has been somewhat exaggerated.
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  05:38:31  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Maybe he's already been arrested? Not yet to court but couldn't leave the country? Just a guess. I love games!!!

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2005 :  05:47:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ocfan, we have to wait for the transcript of the Coach House show- Newguy promised to post.
I heard a rumor that Arthur became indisposed when one
of his pit bulls knocked him down, bruising several of his ribs.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page