Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bobinbed
Fourth Love

Sweden
106 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2006 :  20:16:38  Show Profile  Visit Bobinbed's Homepage  Send Bobinbed a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it would be nice to know a bit more about eachother. Ok, I admit it - I'm a curious cow. But still, it's fun to get to know people and maybe see a picture...

This is me.
I live in Sweden and work with nature preservation. I'm going to move to a small village just outside of Rochester in England later this year. The music I listen to is mainly sixties psychedelia, seventies rock and prog. I like to do art and webdesign, and read. Preferably beat literature, science books and murder mysteries.

Your turn!

~Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love~

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2006 :  01:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of pics of some of us Love fans on the main page, under the tab photo's, then fan photo's funnily enough.
Also click on "members" tab above for a bit more info on profiles.

Edited by - Old_Man on 19/02/2006 01:20:17
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2006 :  18:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the link Bobinhead...

Hey Old Man-you don't look so old ... or you look good for your age

http://love.torbenskott.dk/fans.asp

Allan
Go to Top of Page

Bobinbed
Fourth Love

Sweden
106 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2006 :  22:33:33  Show Profile  Visit Bobinbed's Homepage  Send Bobinbed a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Old Man is real dishy :-) Thanks for the link Alan.

- "What do you mean it's a literary high?"
- "It's a Kafka high. It makes you feel like a bug."
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2006 :  22:01:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool idea BiB, always nice to put faces to names...
here's a recent picture of me

...hey just for kicks, I'll send a very special psychedelic cdr--a new, quality fan-made, for-trade-only collection of rarities from a fine 60's band (I'll be surprised if any of you already have this one) to the first one to name the person I mimic in this pic, and exactly where that original photo was used.
Later, Jon

p.s. you have to post the answer here on the message board, off-list contacts won't count.
Go to Top of Page

Arnstein
Fifth Love

Norway
340 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2006 :  23:58:04  Show Profile  Click to see Arnstein's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My name is Arnstein and I live in Norway!

I study music, and I love it!
I like alot of different music, but my favourite genres are classical music and psych rock. Other genres that I really enjoy is jazz, 70s prog rock, and punk. Damn, Ive forgot so many genres now! I will edit the post later!

Good to see other scandinavians here!
Go to Top of Page

Bobinbed
Fourth Love

Sweden
106 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  11:04:30  Show Profile  Visit Bobinbed's Homepage  Send Bobinbed a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

...hey just for kicks, I'll send a very special psychedelic cdr--a new, quality fan-made, for-trade-only collection of rarities from a fine 60's band (I'll be surprised if any of you already have this one) to the first one to name the person I mimic in this pic, and exactly where that original photo was used.
Later, Jon

p.s. you have to post the answer here on the message board, off-list contacts won't count.

Ok here's my guess:
You are mimicing Peter North in the classic "The TV repairman always cums twice" In the scene where he says to the blonde housewife - "Ssshhhh!!!! Be quiet - Your husband might hear us"

- "What do you mean it's a literary high?"
- "It's a Kafka high. It makes you feel like a bug."

Edited by - Bobinbed on 21/02/2006 11:05:52
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  15:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bobinbed
Ok here's my guess:
You are mimicing Peter North in the classic "The TV repairman always cums twice" In the scene where he says to the blonde housewife - "Ssshhhh!!!! Be quiet - Your husband might hear us"

Mmm, no, sorry that's not it...
(it's not from a movie)
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  18:31:27  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote

here is a pic of me with Sky Saxon of The Seeds which was taken in June 2004 at a New York Dolls gig in London

Edited by - steve64 on 24/02/2006 18:06:50
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2006 :  21:37:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve64

I reckon the person you are mimicking is Tommy Hall from 13th Floor Elevators - from the back of the Easter Everywhere album?

Hey, yep, you nailed it steve64!
Contact me off list if you will, and I'll get your mailing address. I think you're gonna like this disc...
Jon
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2006 :  21:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well.

My name is Thomas Galasso and I am 24 years old. I live in Detroit, MI where I was born. I am moving back to California this summer. I used to live in the Bay Area when I was ages 7 through 14.

I am a film actor. I have done a few features, and some short films. I am very much into music. Lots of hip hop, jazz, and rock music and of course older R&B/soul. I am up at www.myspace.com/thomasgalasso, and also on the IMDB.com

I am the co-founder of a rock band calling itself Velvet Audio or Siddhartha depending on who you ask. They just recorded an album with Jim Diamond and currently stand as the top unsigned band in the state of Michigan. They have all the buzz. I would be lying if I said all was wine and roses between that group and myself.

I am a huge fan of The Doors, who were like my gateway into rock music during my high school days. The Who would be next, and then some Led Zepplin and Stereolab. The rest would fall into place.

-Thomas Galasso
Go to Top of Page

franklima
First Love

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2006 :  07:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

franklima
First Love

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2006 :  07:21:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Edited by - franklima on 25/02/2006 07:26:05
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2006 :  20:22:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a cool photo of you and Sky,Steve!I was at The Seeds concert in Oslo about half a year ago and that was a surreal experience!Me and a friend came to the small club early and after awhile saw a old and very cheap looking van with foreign plates parking right outside the entrance.People,mainly young girls went in and out of it and the hours went.Then Mr Skymaster walks out of the van goes straight to the pub and orders a pink umbrella drink at the bar,and I can swear there is no one at the club who knows who it is exept me and my friend because we sat by the window and witnessed the van scene!He sits in the pub for about 20 minutes totally unoticed then goes up to the scene to perform a real campy zombie slow version of Cant seem to make you mine,like he was getting a kick out of witnessing all the paralyzed and disappointment looking faces in the crowd,because right from the next track he and the band turned the pace up to at least eleven faster and were just great the rest of the concert!
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  04:23:16  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i met Sky at a show in about '83 in L.A. where i was doing the light show for his gig featuring an all girl back-up band , " Frightwig". my band , Dead Hippie, produced the multi-band concert featuring , Sky Saxon, and i met him backstage, and we chatted, he with a 40 ounce beer in hand. a cool and friendly guy. the show was great!
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  04:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dead Hippie!? No kidding.. I remember you guys. My buddy had one of your records back in the 80s. Probably still does, gonna have to make him give it a spin next time I get over there.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page