Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  19:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bobinbed,My name is Michael,I Live in Florida,USA.I am married five years now to my beautiful,understanding and life changing wife Janet.I do custom painting mostly of motorcycles and guitars.I like to play my Les Paul guitar(though I am not too good,....yet).I love to go to the beach and be in places of great natural beauty.Trying to go vegan.Suffered many years of my life with opiate dependancy(now in recovery and getting healthier every day!)Love music ofcoarse,and quite a variety from the 60's(70) Psych stuff to Blues to Southern rock to 60-70's Soul,Zydeco,Folk and the other 60-70's rock staples(you know who they are)Maybe it's because I live in the south,But,And believe this or not,I never new of the existence of Love's Forever Changes until now!I knew of only 3 Love tunes that where on the radio thru the years(from Love and Da Capo).So I am discovering this well kept secret from my part of the world.I learned that Love did not tour America other than California and have never come to Florida(though thier labelmates the Doors did).Arthur is from the south like me as well and if the rumours are true and he is in Memphis to perform soon I may get my chance.And by the way....Nice Picture!..........God Bless You...........Michael

Edited by - michael on 01/03/2006 22:42:03
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  20:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Michael, nice to see another....well nearly vegan on here. I've been vegan 29 years and still here to tell the tale, haha! Keep trying.
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  20:53:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Say michael, you being from Fla. I wondered if you ever saw (or see) the band Captain Beyond. I like their acid-tinged southern rock-oid style, recently bought my second album of theirs. Have a bootleg from as late as '99, too. Pretty cool. I used to have a Great-Aunt & -Uncle down there too, tiny li'l burg near St. Augustine called Hastings.
Anyway, welcome to the group.
Jon
Go to Top of Page

michael
Third Love

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  22:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Old Man for the welcome,I will try to stay steadfast in my quest!!Fish and Eggs seem to be my vice at this time.......And to Jon (astrolobe33),I know the Florida connection with that band,but,I have not yet been priviliged to hear any of thier music.The compilation of bands that Captain Beyond comes from and the other connections to Florida I am very familiar with.(Johnny Winter,Mike Pinera,Bobby Womack,Capricorn Records,Iron Butterfly,Reese Wynans,SRV and Deep Purple.)I will hear them when the time is right I guess(when it happens).I am about 400 miles south of Hastings in the Miami area,Deep south baby in gator country!(Everglades)Peace and Love.......God Bless........Michael

Edited by - michael on 01/03/2006 22:44:54
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page