Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 what you all listening to right now??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2113 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  09:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

listening to jONI mITCHELL'S " ladies of the canyon".

...what the world needs now...



Ah....'Ladies of the Canyon'........leave me on a desert island with that one and 'Blue'...........I would never wish to be found!
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9451 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  17:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

listening to jONI mITCHELL'S " ladies of the canyon".

...what the world needs now...



Ah....'Ladies of the Canyon'........leave me on a desert island with that one and 'Blue'...........I would never wish to be found!

Throw in "Hejira" and you've got the perfect triumvirate for my island. Ah.....a new topic for which I credit you, John.
Beautiful, Joni.

____________________________________________________________
Round up the usual suspects....
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2113 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  23:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yes, Lemonadekid - Hejira is a special favourite of mine as well - and I played it again just two weeks ago. The guitar intro to Refuge Of The Roads is one of the most evocative things she ever did. The follow-up album though (Don Juan's Reckless Daughter)I find a little more difficult. The sidelong cut, Paprika Plains, though clearly ambitious, has never quite worked for me. But of course there are still some wonderful songs on there - the joyous Cotton Avenue and Dreamland ....together with the truly haunting Silky Veils of Ardor.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  03:04:36  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
The WHO. "SELL OUT" 1967. THAT WAS A GOOD YEAR!
this album is good! got lost somewhere along fans' recall!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9451 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  18:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mott The Hoople......Angel Of 8th Avenue (Wildlife)

____________________________________________________________
Round up the usual suspects....
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  21:08:23  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i saw Mott T.H. at Hollywood Paladium about '75 with Iggy Pop jumped on stage, it was wild and raw! i think Alltheyoungdudes went on for 15 minutes and anyone still not standing was wasted on the floor!
i've never had a MTH record, and was never a fan, but, geez, i always noticed them in the background, being wild and stoney, and not being square!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9451 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  05:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

i saw Mott T.H. at Hollywood Paladium about '75 with Iggy Pop jumped on stage, it was wild and raw! i think Alltheyoungdudes went on for 15 minutes and anyone still not standing was wasted on the floor!
i've never had a MTH record, and was never a fan, but, geez, i always noticed them in the background, being wild and stoney, and not being square!

...what the world needs now...

Their first LP rocks and is very Dylanesque & Wildlife is quite good. I moved away from them when they went "glam".

____________________________________________________________
Round up the usual suspects....
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  02:14:27  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Simon And Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"!
what's not to like?
still one of my all time favorite albums which is very uplifting, artistic, and well recorded.... and gets me in the gut!
this album is a true blessing and a masterpiece!
add it to my island picks. next to the hand-cranked CD player I invented!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9451 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  15:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

Simon And Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"!
what's not to like?
still one of my all time favorite albums which is very uplifting, artistic, and well recorded.... and gets me in the gut!
this album is a true blessing and a masterpiece!
add it to my island picks. next to the hand-cranked CD player I invented!

...what the world needs now...

HA! The hand cranked TT is even better than my solar battery! Got my shades!

____________________________________________________________
Round up the usual suspects....
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  15:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bobf..if you really like S&G I'd suggest getting rhe dvd concert Old Friends...man they do tremendous renditions of their great songs...great backing band there!...I like to play it regularly...
Go to Top of Page

Rob Dudda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  22:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spirit...Potatoland
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2009 :  23:27:28  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
some Merrell Fankhauser music.
-"Things" album (Sundazed CD)
-"Fapardokly" album (Sundazed CD)
i can't express how much good comes from these recordings.
psychrockfolkadelic 1967-68.
tastes like Byrds/Springfield/Beatles/Holly/Everly Bothers/Yardbirds.
his recordings with the band, "MU", and "The Exiles" are great.
his slide guitarist, Jeff Cotton(rip), was unique!





...what the world needs now...

Edited by - bob f. on 17/02/2009 23:28:22
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  00:34:35  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
now, i'm playing, " Deja Vu"! what can i say!?
last week, i almost did'nt cut my hair! but i did, 'cause i'm lookin' for work! so my Nash-like (on the dejavu album), got cut like Snoopy,
no not the dog!....the drummer in LOVE! the 1st album. but shorter without the split bangs. annyways..... i guess i need the comfort of old classics now. god, i need comfort, now..... this crazy world has me down, and there is comfort in familiar things.....i'll be o.k.....

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9451 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  01:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

now, i'm playing, " Deja Vu"! what can i say!?
last week, i almost did'nt cut my hair! but i did, 'cause i'm lookin' for work! so my Nash-like (on the dejavu album), got cut like Snoopy,
no not the dog!....the drummer in LOVE! the 1st album. but shorter without the split bangs. annyways..... i guess i need the comfort of old classics now. god, i need comfort, now..... this crazy world has me down, and there is comfort in familiar things.....i'll be o.k.....

...what the world needs now...

Good luck, bob!

____________________________________________________________
Round up the usual suspects....
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9451 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2009 :  19:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seven Bridges Road Ian Matthews

From the great "Valley Hi" lp with Michael Nesmith on guitar and Red Rhodes on steel...doesn't get much better. That steel just sings.
Ya, it was still "Ian" then.....

Here's a listen for those unlucky enough to have never heard it. Right, rocker??!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=39830618

____________________________________________________________
Round up the usual suspects....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 123 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06