Page: of 130

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2008 :  23:16:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

Whilst posting this evening, I have been listening to the first Pentangle album - and for the first time, I managed to make it through all seven of the bonus tracks.

....."pentangling", eh, john??!! I just have the vinyl.

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  02:07:19  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forever Changes

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

undergroundbasement
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  03:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love - live at the Palomino Club in North Hollywood, California on September 19, 1993.

Good stuff!!!

We're all normal...
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  23:34:42  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i live a few miles from The Palomino! seen Sneeky Pete Klienow play there in house band , and miss that club,it was closed.
right now, i'm playing "The Rising Sons" cd! features Taj Mahal ad Ry Cooder! mid 60s treasure! don't get much better!
this music is amazing gutsy roots/blues/rock, still under-appreciated!!! an anamoly. the spirit here is contagious! pure magic!
a classic slice of 1960s style pop-rock-blues-country-gutts!

Edited by - bob f. on 30/11/2008 23:54:29
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  18:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zilch by Shack at this moment. Been playing the new Paul Weller album "22 dreams" a few times, he did a great show in Nottingham and i thought i,d get the new album n check it out, it,s only had 6 or so plays so far it sounds o.k. and could be a grower.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  18:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

i live a few miles from The Palomino! seen Sneeky Pete Klienow play there in house band , and miss that club,it was closed.
right now, i'm playing "The Rising Sons" cd! features Taj Mahal ad Ry Cooder! mid 60s treasure! don't get much better!
this music is amazing gutsy roots/blues/rock, still under-appreciated!!! an anamoly. the spirit here is contagious! pure magic!
a classic slice of 1960s style pop-rock-blues-country-gutts!

Such good music, bob. Now I gotta put on his self-titled LP from 1968. Ry is on that one, though it's not The Rising Sons. What a fine group of musicians The Rising Sons were!! The cover collage art is so cool on that first LP with Taj sitting there in front of that house with all those pasted-on birds (Columbia vinyl...so nice)!!
"Leaving Trunk" is really cookin' blues!!

And now you got me going thru my 60's blues LPs.....pulling Johnny Winter, (Good Morning Little School Girl!) on his S-T vinyl. More good stuff to listen to.

Edited by - lemonade kid on 01/12/2008 19:02:22
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  14:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You Know My Name (Look Up De' Number)

.....now I'm dancin' !!!!!!!!

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  21:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ian Siegal - The Dust. Accoustic blues with a bit of alt.country thrown in. Siegal is the hottest thing on the British blues scene today.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  21:09:58  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Strawberry Alarm Clock - Strawberries Mean Love

Paris Journals at http://timparistalk.proboards99.com
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  23:44:42  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeay! Strawberry Alarmclock! still on my get list!
Loudon Wainwright's recent cd, "Recovery", i heard ," tHE Drinking Song", ...this guy's been around for 40 years, and i'm just discovering him now! he's Rufus' faTHER.
RIGHT NOW , i'm playing John Prine's album with " Hello In There", and "Sam Stone", and "Illegal Smile", and "YOUR Flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore". there's a hole in daddy's arm where all the money goes.....
here's another: The Searchers. sorta got lost in the English Invasion.
here's another: Ian and Sylvia's "Nashville" album cd. cool. 1968. with pete drake pedal steel. yes , all tonight, 'cause i can.

Edited by - bob f. on 07/12/2008 02:00:32
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  04:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

yeay! Strawberry Alarmclock! still on my get list!
Loudon Wainwright's recent cd, "Recovery", i heard ," tHE Drinking Song", ...this guy's been around for 40 years, and i'm just discovering him now! he's Rufus' faTHER.
RIGHT NOW , i'm playing John Prine's album with " Hello In There", and "Sam Stone", and "Illegal Smile", and "YOUR Flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore". there's a hole in daddy's arm where all the money goes.....
here's another: The Searchers. sorta got lost in the English Invasion.
here's another: Ian and Sylvia's "Nashville" album cd. cool. 1968. with pete drake pedal steel. yes , all tonight, 'cause i can.

Wow, bob! Thanks for reminding me of Loudon. Sometimes people don't get past his sardonic humor and sometimes silliness, but his song craft is unexcelled and he has written some beautiful tunes to be sure.

John Prine, of course is one of my heroes. It's sad that so many of his songs (for us as a society) keep coming back at us with just as much meaning today as when they were first written.

Keep that peddle steel goin', bob!! I'm playing Manassas. And then there's Stephen Stills...RS #28 Greatest Guitarist.....I'd put him higher....much higher. His first solo LP is the only album that Hendrix & Clapton appeared on together. Some classic tunes on that one.
Love his stuff, always.

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  21:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part

Ryan Adams - Gold
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  14:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bobf...Searchers...a great band...ok put on "When ou Walk In the Room"..check out that guitar line!..

Lk.agree on Johnny Prine..That guy who I first saw on a haystack or something is still plying his trade...always has something to say
Go to Top of Page

Rob Dudda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  21:40:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Dictators...****'em if they can't take a joke
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  23:01:10  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah! took yer advise, and played "when you walk in the room".
sweet! playin the Rhino greatest hits cd now. "love potion #9."is playing now! yeay!!!
i'm slightly familiar with the Dictators, 'cause i was in a band with the guitarist who was in a band with the singer,(Richard Meltzer), who wrote for the Dictators.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 130 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page