Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 what you all listening to right now??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  16:30:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well underground I can see your a Dylan aficianado, eh?...I'm puttin' on "Workingman's Blues #2....I should've known that from those "folkie" days" Dylan's our own keeper of American memory and life and lives....man he just gets better and better and better....
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9450 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  01:41:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shoot Out The Lights Richard & Linda Thompson

____________________________________________________________
I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor,
and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
-- Elwood P. Dowd
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9450 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  16:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mott The Hoople....first LP....first press. Nice.

____________________________________________________________
I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor,
and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
-- Elwood P. Dowd
Go to Top of Page

jim
Third Love

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  15:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

The Doors live in Boston 1970, morrision drunk for the 1st show but doesn't miss a cue.

kind wishes Jim.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  03:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Banks Of The Nile' by Fotheingay, from Sandy Denny's 'Who Knows Where The Time Goes?' compilation. On rwpeat. A song of simply overwhekmong, devastating, timeless, sad beauty, two hundred years old, but of ever more relevance in these troubled times. Lower lights and listen. Sandy Denny RIP, and thank you. Thwre is another thread on this forum about favourite singers. There is no contest.
'WKWTTG?' also features a live version of 'Bruton Town' that hits the mark just as much.
The other knockout in my life at the moment is the third, live SD of John Martyn's 'Ain't No Saint' boxed set. Never heard him sound so good.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  03:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the unchecked typos above - mucky contact lenses/ tired eyes.. but the gists there.. ps: Next gig: Low playing their Christmas songs. More 'blow away' music, but from now. Recommended. I just hope that one day they appear on 'Later', and then eyes and ears will really open to a very special band.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  11:52:43  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

[quote]Originally posted by MikeP

Sorry for the unchecked typos above - mucky contact lenses/ tired eyes.. but the gists there.. ps: Next gig: Low playing their Christmas songs. More 'blow away' music, but from now. Recommended. I just hope that one day they appear on 'Later', and then eyes and ears will really open to a very special band.



I love Low's music and the Xmas album in sublime but, after the manic guitar throwing incident at this year's End of the Road Festival (which I was at) I might be wary of seeing them again. For more information read this
http://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/index.php?blog=12&p=951&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Edited by - caryne on 26/10/2008 18:55:48
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  15:54:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did'nt know about that, Caryne. That's bad. You just can't tell what's going to happen at one of their gigs these days, sadly, bipolar disorder being what it is. I saw them a few months back at Leeds, and they were absolutely superb. Days later at Gateshead and Union Chapel it was not, apparently. Subsequent to End of the Road the blogs indicate they've played some quieter, controlled blinders back in the US. Such is the beauty of the first 'Christmas' EP I'll take my chance on this mini-tour for the forthcoming follow-up, but fully understand those that will not. Being on this forum implicitly means an acknowlegement of how mercurial some creative people can be - not always in a good way.. but when they're 'on' Low remain a stunning band. Very fortunately at End of the Road this description did not apply in a physical sense. Beautiful guitar, too. When I first saw it I drooled, and as for the sound it made.. I loved it. He did too. Bet it's missed now..
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  15:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Light Up Or Leave Me Alone - Traffic, Live At Santa Monica 1972 DVD
Go to Top of Page

undergroundbasement
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  21:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jim

Hi

The Doors live in Boston 1970, morrision drunk for the 1st show but doesn't miss a cue.

kind wishes Jim.



Cool.. I'd like to hear the Boston show. I recently bought The Doors live in Pittsburgh 1970. It's an amazing performance, they experiment quite a bit during "When The Music's Over".



I've also been listening to a boot that I recently got, their demos from World Pacific Studios in Los Angeles 1965.



01. Moonlight Drive
02. Hello I Love You
03. Summer's Almost Gone
04. My Eyes Have Seen You
05. End Of The Night
06. Insane

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/99383805/The_Doors_-_Demos_02-09-1965.rar

We're all normal...
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2008 :  01:20:48  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

Did'nt know about that, Caryne. That's bad. You just can't tell what's going to happen at one of their gigs these days, sadly, bipolar disorder being what it is. I saw them a few months back at Leeds, and they were absolutely superb. Days later at Gateshead and Union Chapel it was not, apparently. Subsequent to End of the Road the blogs indicate they've played some quieter, controlled blinders back in the US. Such is the beauty of the first 'Christmas' EP I'll take my chance on this mini-tour for the forthcoming follow-up, but fully understand those that will not. Being on this forum implicitly means an acknowlegement of how mercurial some creative people can be - not always in a good way.. but when they're 'on' Low remain a stunning band. Very fortunately at End of the Road this description did not apply in a physical sense. Beautiful guitar, too. When I first saw it I drooled, and as for the sound it made.. I loved it. He did too. Bet it's missed now..




I'd go again too, I've seen them several times before with no probems, though I might be slightly worried if I stood too near 'guitar throwing distance'. Actually, if I had caught the guitar I would have given it back...after all, the poor guy couldn't help he was having a bad day and why make it worse by not giving his guitar back.

By the way, I am so relieved that someone here is actually talking about and going to see an act that is live and curent today
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2008 :  03:10:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for that last para, Caryne. Likewise. I'm 52 y'know (creak) :)
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9450 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  01:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

Thank you for that last para, Caryne. Likewise. I'm 52 y'know (creak) :)

You kids! Listening to Fotheringay right now.......

____________________________________________________________
I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor,
and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
-- Elwood P. Dowd
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  16:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am listening to Nick Drake "Way To Blue" right now, it is just perfect for an English autumn day .
Go to Top of Page

markk
Old Love

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  22:56:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Al Kooper- Rare and Well Done - a nice mixture of styles and bands

Leon Russell- Best of, A Song for You is a great love song.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 123 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page
Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06