Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2005 :  17:59:54  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Siddhartha sound pretty cool to me. Definitely strongly influenced by hendrix it would seem. Its a very fresh sound tho and i absolutely love the version of she comes in colours at the end, its fantastic. Would be great to hear some more from these guys in the future.

cheers again boombox 4 sending me the link

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2005 :  19:43:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the great reviews.

We will be getting ourselves a little more together soon. The Hendrix stuff definetly is from Ayinde, whilst our other guitar is influenced by a lot of 1980's stuff, and a lot of jazz.

I don't know if there will be anymore Love covers on the horizon. Quite possibly Stand Out, but done totally different, but most of the classic stuff will be left alone.

-Thomas
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2005 :  03:00:07  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Siddhartha Could Use Your Help

Ok!
I gave a disk of Siddhartha's songs To Rodney from KROQ 106.7 FM here in Los Angeles
and at the very least
She Comes In Colors is going to be heard sometime after midnight Tonight! Sunday Monday
and if i know his show well enough
he will precede it or follow it with actuall Love as well
Stay Tuned

More Music More Music
mm
Go to Top of Page

Phil Brauer
Third Love

90 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2005 :  03:49:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like how the song Revolution goes into the other song where he yells "YEA SUNSHINE!!!"
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  00:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My link for Siddhartha has just died, but I am going to fix it asap, so some of you requesting files may not have received it, give me a couple of days, because I am in Oakland, CA right now.

-Peace

Thomas
Go to Top of Page

PhoenixBlack
First Love

1 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  04:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what anyone else is thinking or talking about but Siddartha is nothing less than the first coming of Siddartha and they will be bigger and better than anything on the market right now, or in the future for that matter. Thomas is right, I am from Detroit. It's hard enough getting away with dressing different let alone embracing a genre that is anything but Motown or mainstream rap. You guys had better look out for Siddartha, all talented and humble individuals with exqusite God given gifts. True art and true artistry are both born out of pain. Marlon is a true child of art. He is deserving of any and all acclaim that shall come in the future. I'd advise anyone to check out their shows and demo before proclaiming them as immitators, the are innovators. They are marketable because they are no. 1 talented, and also strong people. I URGE YOU TO CHECK THEM OUT. They will have a website up soon, it's all a matter of time people because once the train is over, you'd better be on board or be run over. Don't fool yourself, these guys have a phony detector, so enjoy them for Siddartha. As talented as Love was, they squandered their opportunity through drugs and senseless infighting. God bless Siddartha.
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  06:58:17  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its Always Cool to catch a new band in the extremely early stages of their legacy
Great name
Great sound
Great Vibe I'm there
HIGHLY Record mended

Why Don't We Sing This Song Altogether
mm
Go to Top of Page

Tiburon
Third Love

Canada
63 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2005 :  04:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if I could hear some of the tracks. I heard somebody mention the group when I was in Toronto, but I have never heard any music.

If you guys are thinking about the Bay Area it would be a great place for you, much better than the midwest, there are a lot of peopl
in sf and oakland and the surrounding burbs that would make it easy to get gigs and get notice.

i can be reached at eo11303@yahoo.com I will post a review when I get the music
Go to Top of Page

Tiburon
Third Love

Canada
63 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2005 :  18:33:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for sending the music.

It is great !! I can see the connection between them and Love. They dont sound like love to me but I get them being the closer to love than any other group i have ever heard, and i like they are interracial like love was. The Marlon guy is really good sounds a lot like lenny in a lot of ways but extremely better.

you need to get them out of detroit as soon as possible, why aren't you living in the bay area already ? Oakland has very cheap rent, and if it is five or so guys they should be able to do it all serious bands do it all serious artists make sacrifices and believe me leaving detroit isn't a sacrifice it is a good thing.

Good luck and i will try to spread the word. get out of michigan it will do nothing for your psyche or your movement.

you guys are AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2005 :  19:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the encouraging words.

It isn't easy trying to get a group of young men to see one other person's vision. I helped to start the band when it was only three, and we have all been together for awhile now, and I recruited the bass player.

I have lived in the Bay Area before 1989-1996, before moving back to my birthplace of Detroit, I have never been comfortable in the midwest. Everything I am interested in lies in California in vast numbers, my band guys don't really understand this as they have never made the trek. I fully agree that one needs to take risks especially in this kind of a business.

I have met many people since my last visit to the Bay Area from Jorge Santana of Malo, Ted Strong, the guys at Globestarr Records, and Sanctuary, all people who get them massive gigs, and then of course you have Andre Jonson.

We will see. Thank you for your support, and I will keep you posted.

-Thomas
Go to Top of Page

Arnstein
Fifth Love

Norway
340 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2005 :  20:47:09  Show Profile  Click to see Arnstein's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Please send the songs to arnsteinkleven@gmail.com ! :D

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

MHM
Third Love

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2005 :  22:22:02  Show Profile  Visit MHM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Post the links on here for everyone to have a listen. Cheers

www.BryanMacLean.com www.ZENuk.com www.MileHighMusic.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  21:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it looks like I have fixed the issue, and I am now able to send tracks via email once again. I have already sent some out to those requesting.

I can only send one track at a time, and right now the one is Rose Colored Glasses, so be sure to reach me via this thread, or simply email me to get the songs.

-Thomas Galasso
Go to Top of Page

JohnFPorcaro
Fourth Love

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  22:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"PS Does anyone here agree with me that VINDICATOR is extremely underrated ? I have the remastered CD which now is out of print, but it is kind of weird they would remaster it only to take it out of print."

It IS an underrated album. Really enjoyable to listen to
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page