Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2007 :  01:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's really cheered me up, JohnE. I thought that he'd stopped gigging. I've been a fan since 'Fully Qualified' came out - I blame Peel - but never seen him, and thought I'd missed my chance. That he's still doing 'One Time Thing ' is the icing on the cake. Hope he's up my way soon. Was only thinking the other day how much I'd like to see the guy. Glad to know the Half Moon's still on form. I used to see the likes of Harper and Taj Mahal there when I lived down in the smoke. A fine place IMHO. All the best, Mike
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2007 :  21:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mike,
Thanks! "Fully Qualified Survivor" was the one that did it for me (the re-master, coupled with "Rainmaker" is superb quality, by the way). I first saw Michael live at The John Peel Show in 1971, then again at the time of "Heartbeat". After that however, I didn't see him until this decade (and have since seen him 24 times). I consider Michael a friend now, and often sell the CDS for him, when he plays in or around London. Check out www.michaelchapman.co.uk
Best wishes, John E
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2007 :  02:02:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers, JohnE. I've checked out your link to his website and thence myspace, and now I'm even happier. I lost track of Harper for twenty-five years, and it's been even longer for Michael. Last album I bought was 'Millstone'! Got some catching up to do. Just hope he does a gig in/near Sheff soon. I don't want to see him as much as I want to see Neil right now, but there's very, very little in it - which is really saying something.
All the best, Mike
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  12:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fairport Convention last night. Best I've seen them in a while. Simon got the old electric out and went for it - probably the rockiest they've been since Maartin Allcock left. Highly recommended if you can catch tickets for the last dates of this, their 40th Anniversary Tour.

Support from Tiny Tin Lady also very good - three young girls with, hopefully, a bright future ahead of them.

Edited by - boombox on 04/03/2007 12:44:05
Go to Top of Page

watchinallthapeople
Fourth Love

155 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  17:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just saw this Band/show in Portugal

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42444907

The Yard dogs road show, this was apparently there first gig outside the states so maybee only the yanks here would know em.

It was a really cool show the music sounded a bit like a mix of tom waits, the doors Dr John and early funkadelic and then there was a burlesque show

how cool
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  01:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Banana & David Nelson - excellent gig in a lovely venue in Chippenham with fine acoustics.
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2007 :  00:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me again! Guess I'm on a roll of good gigs at the moment, but last night's Keller Williams show in London deserves a mention. If you don't know his music, check out the free mp3s on his website.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2007 :  00:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just booked a ticket for the mighty Billy Cobham in May.

Wouldn't mind seeing James Taylor too, but sheeeesh, he's charging £40.

How expensive can it be to tour with nothing but an acoustic guitar, and your agent?
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2007 :  18:19:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johm Cale @ the Astoria last night, Great stuff as allways..AND on the night WALES beat the Anglo,s at rugby!!! What more coulod a poor boy ask for.
Go to Top of Page

ed the bear
Fourth Love

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2007 :  03:34:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roger McGuinn on Friday the 16th.

A full house, in spite of terrible weather. Excellent, and charming. A lot of Byrds material but also a wide range of folk material, from Woody Guthrie to Cab Calloway. Never seen a 7-string guitar before...
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2007 :  11:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alabama 3 @ Slough...really good gig, all acoustic...i had only caught them for a few minutes b4 at Reading festival, but a pal bought me a ticket. Realy enjoyed the show and would recomend them to anyone..good fun, loadsa laughs and good musicians and singers.
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2007 :  11:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ronnie Laws @ the Jazz Cafe...One of the finest gigs i,ve ever been to.
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  19:26:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iggy Pop and the Stooges at 9:30 Club in Washington DC. I got to go after all.
All Iggy fans and anyone with even a little interest in the root of punk rock will not want to miss them. Really, they were incredible, tight, loud, and hard. Straight out of 1969.

NPR did a live webcast of the show still available to hear:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9234325

Set List:

Loose
Down On The Street
I Wanna Be Your Dog
T.V. Eye
My Idea of Fun
Dirt
Real Cool Time
No Fun
(intro piece)
Fun House
[Unknown song, "fast cars, hot chicks.."]
Electric Chair
Trollin'

--encore:
Not Right
She Took My Money
I'm Fried
I Wanna Be Your Dog (reprise)

Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2007 :  11:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dylan last night!! got there fashionably late though as had band practise first and thought there would be a support on!
He did put on a good show and played some classics like highway 61, all along the watchtower and like a rolling stone. Obviously quite a few off the new album which was good as I think it's a strong one.
he did look very dapper in his white suit and hat.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2007 :  17:04:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i emailed rock city in nottingham about the doors june show and they knew nothing of it!! anyone know when tickets are going on sale??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page