Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2007 :  21:08:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw Deep Purple, Styx and Thin Lizzy in Newcastle on Saturday night.

Thin Lizzy stank but Styx and Deep Purple were magnificent!
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2007 :  01:33:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just came back from a Johnny Winter gig.

That guy is incredible. Surely a candidate for world's greatest living blues guitarist.

Old and frail, and sitting down for the duration of the gig, Winter played the finest electric blues you will hear in a while. And he made it look so effortless.

Classics from the likes of Muddy Waters, Ray Charles and Freddie King were immaculate.

Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2007 :  17:15:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
caljam, we are really gonna have to put a stop to this! you are enjoying yourself far too much
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2007 :  20:19:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL. Just getting in some "music therapy" before that Travis gig! :D
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2007 :  16:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will take more than therapy mate...ear plugs?
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2007 :  21:59:57  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in the last couple of weeks I have seen TV Smith live and The Damned live both in London... Soon I am going to see Patti Smith in London and The Doors sorry!(Riders On The Storm!) in London in June and then in Paris on the 3rd of July which is the 36th Anniversary of Jim Morrison's Death..

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 29/04/2007 :  23:13:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eerrrm does the sound of music last night at the west end with my mother count???

I did have a tear in my eye over climb every mountain..shame on me
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  09:26:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YO Steve64.. where and when are the mighty Patti Smith + the Doors_Riders playing in London please mate?
Keep on Rockin,
Allan
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  14:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
saw Gordo Lightfoot last week...nice 2 hr mellow concert I'll say...
..he's been around...have to say that he's incomparable with his Canadian country-folk sound..would be great to see him and Bob D do some singin' together...
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2007 :  20:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe its the mean fiddler allan, i think patti is playing at the sage in gateshead too for any northeast fans
Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2007 :  18:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Justin Timberlake!!

nah not really, but I have sat and watched the shaky mobile footage els took and heard her stories.

She introduced herself to the crew as 'runner on the Love with Arthur Lee at Newcastle Uni video team'
http://yourmindandwe.blogspot.com/2005/03/no-11-newcastle-university-22nd.html.
That's why it's here, sigh. She's not turning into her mother, she's turning into Tina.

fine role model.

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  21:42:35  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought you were referring to Ellie emulating my networking skills, not my scaring off Geordie women who want to stand where I've put my tripod skills. Both very useful when contemplating a career in the meeja.
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  21:45:14  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also saw Maria McKee this week, sister of Brian McLean. She has a great voice, albeit she appears to be slightly bonkers - in a good way.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  09:51:18  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ALLANAGAIN

YO Steve64.. where and when are the mighty Patti Smith + the Doors_Riders playing in London please mate?
Keep on Rockin,
Allan

Hi.. only just noticed this.. Patti Smith is playing The Roundhouse 17th June and St Giles In The Field 18th June both in London..The Roundhouse was sold out but I managed to get a ticket for the St Giles gig..info and dates at http://pattismith.net she is also playing just up the road from me at Butlins in Minehead on 19th June but I can't go as they only do weekend tickets with chalet included!Riders On The Storm is at The Mean Fiddler... for Riders news go to Ray Manzarek's site at http://raymanzarek.us last night was the first date of the tour with the new singer... A guy called Brett Scallions has took over from Ian Astbury who has returned to The Cult full time..

check out 'Tribute In Motion' Paris and Doors Forums at http://timparistalk.proboards99.com

Edited by - steve64 on 05/05/2007 10:01:52
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  22:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Spike Drivers - always worth seeing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page