Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  16:16:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really enjoyed the Syd Barrett tribute night at the Barbican yesterday, Robyn Hitchcock, Kevin Ayres, Captain Sensible, Chrissie Hyde and others were listed in the gig publicity as well as "special guests", these turned out to be Roger Waters who closed the first half of the concert with Flickering Flame, and second half closed with Nick Mason, Dave Gilmour, Rick Wright performing Arnold Layne with the house band. Nearly all of the concert was Syd songs from Piper at the Gates of Dawn and his solo albums, including Baby Lemonade. More on the gig at BBC News:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6643779.stm

Edited by - mikeb on 11/05/2007 16:30:18
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2007 :  14:40:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ben Ruth and the Convulsions - R&B,Punk,Blues,Garage? Whatever you categorize these guys they are brilliant entertainment!
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2007 :  18:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Waterboys in Inverness last night - a storming gig if ever there was one.
Go to Top of Page

jim
Third Love

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2007 :  08:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Off to see Trextasy tomorrow night in Ryde Isle of Wight,first gig in ages,Have IOW festival in a few weeks 2.

Regards Jim.
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2007 :  00:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got back from seeing Breed 77. If you like your metal with more than a hint of North African rhythms and instrumentation, this band are for you. Damn fine musicians and nice guys to boot - had a beer with two of them before the show.

Support was Lunar Mile, whose singer is Tony Iommi's daughter! And keeping the rock heritage going, the bass player is the son of Judas Priest's Ian Hill. Pretty good too - AND at times, they sounded like 1974-1975 era Sabbath, which can't be bad. They were giving away three song sampler CDs, which is a great idea for new bands to do.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2007 :  12:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
off to see patti smith in gateshead next week, then the doors in a few weeks
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2007 :  15:54:20  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
went to see Patti Smith and band at St Giles In The Field Church in London last night... they played an Acoustic set with Patti doing Poetry reading between songs....

check out 'Tribute In Motion' Paris and Doors Forums at http://timparistalk.proboards99.com
Go to Top of Page

Martin Pravda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2007 :  11:44:54  Show Profile  Visit Martin Pravda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Julian Cope last night in Northampton. Was fantastic! Played an acoustic set of songs from all sorts of periods. Brilliant performer, I will have to catch him again some time.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2007 :  18:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just home from seeing the Waterboys 4 times in various cities in Scotland. Every show trully great but the Barrowlands gig in Glasgow on Saturday night simply amazing.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2007 :  22:54:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boombox

Support was Lunar Mile, whose singer is Tony Iommi's daughter! And keeping the rock heritage going, the bass player is the son of Judas Priest's Ian Hill. Pretty good too - AND at times, they sounded like 1974-1975 era Sabbath, which can't be bad. They were giving away three song sampler CDs, which is a great idea for new bands to do.

I saw them supporting Glenn Hughes in Dudley a couple of years ago. I thought they were dreadful!

Still, you can improve a hell of a lot in 2 years!

Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2007 :  22:56:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Billy Cobham live on Thursday. What a fantastic drummer. He's played with the likes of Miles Davis, The Mahavishnu Orchestra and Tommy Bolin, so was expecting nothing less. This time he was playing with a Cuban band. Top stuff!
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2007 :  00:13:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
patti smith was fantastic..people in the front row were teaching her how to speak geordie and she called the sage a big magical silver peanut haha
her version of white rabbit and gloria blew me away
a splendid time was had by all
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2007 :  09:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ray Davis last night.
He was fantastic put on a great show lots of Kinks classics and lots of songs dedicated to Dave.His new songs sounded great and they sounded well mixed with the Kinks stuff.he still has it.
it would be nice to see the Kinks reform and I've read that he is trying to patch things up between himself and Dave and they did talk about it after the UK hall of fame.I was hoping they would do it then as they were all there but the Pretenders got up and butchered their songs instead.
Bottom line is Ray Davis rocked and if ya get a chance to see him do.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2007 :  14:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ray Davies..some music guy...you know I think we're kind of lucky we still have him around since he did get a bullet in him because of a robbery down when he was in New Orleans last year...nice to know he loved American music and that got him going on his career....
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2007 :  22:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Country Joe last night in Cardiff - world premiere of his 1970 'War, War, War' album performed in its entirity. Audience up on the balcony where I was were 50% music fans and 50% cretins - ie as they were related to the promoter (and got in free) thought that gave them permission to laugh and joke loudly - but it was still a good show. Few nervous glitches from Joe, but it will get better and better. Catch it near you over the next two weeks. Joe is in Ireland most of this week, then back in England for a week, culminating in an appearance at the Isle of Wight festival - check his website at www.countryjoe.com/gigs.html. Me, I am hoping to see him again on Saturday in Swindon.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page