Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  21:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's playing at the Carling Academy in Newcastle on Wed 13 June!

May try and go to this! Not often you get to see a living legend!
Go to Top of Page

Rob Dudda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  22:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last legend i saw in Newcastle was Arthur at the Uni..in Feb. 2004.

What memories i have of that,night...
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  23:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there too! Wow, what a gig that was! Stunning! :)
Go to Top of Page

Rob Dudda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  23:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just right of centre.....right at the front of the stage.

It was AWESOME,for me.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  20:23:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oooooo me too caljam, def dont wanna miss that one!
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  22:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night I saw Aynsley Lister and Ian Parker with their respective bands on the "Double Vision Tour" Two fantastic up and coming young blues-rock guitarists. The future looks bright!
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  03:21:49  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
the most recent concert was LOVE WITH ARTHUR LEE at The Wilshire Ebell, Hollywood September 29th, 2004. with The Zombies.
i don't get out much for concerts, but did for Arthur 6 times after his Freedom....Freedom.....and this one was another good event.
still miss him like the rest of us shmucks, .....geeze, i hear all sorts of new music every day, and nothing grabs me as far as classic TUNES, AND SONGS like we use to have in the good old days in the 60s and early 70s. it's just a Teen-age Wasteland! waiting for a new revolution!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  13:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Bob F, all we have is little indie kids with their drain pipe jeans and bad hair knocking out the same guitar riffs.
Let your hair flow long and your jeans sway mesmerisingly around your brown suede boots.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  00:04:06  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i must admit i am very cynical , cause there were a lo of great concerts i missed. one that i missed was the Cream reunion!!! saw it on tv. GEEZE, that was magic! awaiting Johnny Echols' next incarnation ....or something NEW from young visionaries with songs and concerts to boost us into the new era of rock and roll re-birth,
let's be grateful for this forum and info about any and all new creations. there is magic out there brewing, and it's gonna be great!
i hate to think that it was only good years ago, but, man, time's running out!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  04:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...what the world needs now is..
PROTEST SONGS
Like Jellybean says, right now its just inconsequential indie kids playing the same riffs, singing the same words, that make the charts. This world is now in a very, very bad way on a lot of levels, far, far worse than when Dylan first made his observations, and all we're getting is lalala. Yes, the media may be dominated by those who wish to play things safe, if the 'fiddle while Rome burns', 'oo, baby','chuggachuggachugga' playlists are anything to go by, but the internet is now there to be used as a force for enlightenment and change for the better, if anyone who can write decent tunes to go with lyrics with a point to them, and is prepared to holler their way through the suffocating, turgid, same old same old sludge. We had prog excess in the mid '70's. Now we've got indie excess.. catchy blandness. My ears are still turned on; I'm just waiting to hear something. Sorry for the rant.
Second thoughts, I'm not.
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  07:08:18  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I saw Siddhartha 2 times int 3 days
Once at the London Fog i mean The Cat Cub
on Sunset right next to the Whiskey A Go go
and i Do mean Right next to

the 2nd Show was at The Gig On Melrose W Hollywood

both shows were tremendous
Rockin Soulful with great songs and great musicianship
If you're In and Around their Detroit Home Town Go See them
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  20:35:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the band I am in are ready to gig soon "shudders in terror" we are kinda psyche/blues based band. So hopefully that will appeal to a few throwbacks in the audience. Just wondering how many white wines it's gonna take before they shove me on the stage...
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  22:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Recommend you checking out Alfa 9, theyve got a great sound going on. http://www.myspace.com/alfa9

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

Susan B.
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2007 :  09:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw John Fogerty at House of Blues in Hollywood last week. He was great. He did 25 songs and changed guitars for each one. Everybody (not just me this time) was dancing and having fun. The downside of the show was the bitter sweet memory of seeing one of the best Love shows ever there and knowing it will never be again.

The Yardbirds will be at the Knitting Factory on: 4/4; San Diego on 4/5 and Vegas on: 4/6. I've always been a big fan, saw them at HOB in 03 and was impressed beyond my expections. There were also several Love fans at the show.
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2007 :  22:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you've already seen an artist live 25 times, it's unlikely that they will still surprise you. However, Michael Chapman's set at The Half Moon Putney on Sunday, was arguably the greatest that I've ever seen him play. I would even go as far as saying that it was one of the best gigs I've ever seen (and for a mere £8.00!). Michael gave an extraordinary performance of musical virtuosity. His voice was on top form, and he fully displayed his exceptional skills as an acoustic guitarist (not even stopping for a break). He was in great spirits, and brought in some original humour. Michael opened with "Only Pretend" and "That Time of Night". He then played two songs from "one of his few heroes" Mose Allison - namely "Parchman Farm" and one I hadn't heard before. Other recent classics included "Sometimes" and "Memphis in Winter", and from earlier days - the beautiful "Among the Trees" and "One Time Thing" (which never fail to tug at the heart strings). The anthems were there - "Postcards of Scarborough", "Wrecked Again" and “Soulful Lady”, and a few great instrumentals including "Caddo Lake" and (most notably) "La Madrugada". The Half Moon is an excellent venue, with respectful audience and tasteful lighting (and seemingly smoke-free). It was good to see Ralph McTell and Wizz Jones sitting in the bar, afterwards. (John E)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page