Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2006 :  20:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blues N Trouble last weekend. The best blues band in Britain!
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2006 :  16:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw Iron Maiden last night.

Magic. You gotta love 'em.
Go to Top of Page

Rob Dudda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2006 :  17:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
saw Roger Mc Guinn....2 months ago.

Saw Arthur Lee 3 years ago.....
Go to Top of Page

aldo
Third Love

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  06:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw riders on the storm on the 29th dec in glasgow, great show would have been better if john densmore was there also, seen them twice now both times been right in front of ray manzarek which was cool, yes a great show and ray and robbie are legends, but Arthur Lee and love are still the greatest, hope Johnny Echols comes and plays the uk sometime soon,
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2007 :  16:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw riders in manchester last night, great show but was dissapointed at the lack of people moving. Dunno whether its just me but when I hear love or the doors I wanna dance or at least move, tap foot, nod head etc. Everyone around me was stood there like zombies, unlike me who decided to dance like a loony which was kinda hard for a seated concert
Go to Top of Page

aldo
Third Love

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  02:46:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah I see your point jellybean, I noticed a lot of people just standing about at glasgow aswell, I think seats put people off at concerts, we were all dancing though where I was, near the end of the show astbury asked everyone right to the front of the stage so we went some folks even jumped up on stage including my friend who was thrown off quickly,
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  12:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha aldo, wish I could have got close enough to the front to jump on, I tried sneaking down the front with my camera phone and got turned round by a security guard and marched back...swine
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  21:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Off to see Richie Havens at Gateshead on Saturday. Can't wait. Saw him play a festival date last year and he was spell-binding.

Watching him doing his own gig will be amazing. His music just takes you places. You can't beat old men with acoustic guitars.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  11:33:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Went to see Tim Elliot and Sandy Tweedale of Blues N Trouble do an acoustic duo set last night. It's great hearing old blues standards played the way they must have been done originally, just accoustic guitar and harmonica, and Tim has such an authentic sounding blues voice. There was a bit of electric slide guitar too though.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  03:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John Martyn.
I last saw him twenty five years ago. Having loved what he did in the early-mid 70's, he dropped off my musical radar with his jazz-noodling 'band' albums, and I never got the chance to see his tours with the great Danny Thompson. I love his recent series of archive live albums, and the current tour wherein he plays 'Solid Air' in its entirety was something that I just could not resist, even with his usual band.
Seeing him in the flesh again after so long was a bit of a shock,even though I knew he remains wheelchairbound, with a legless trouser. Enforced inactivity has led to a significant weight increase, and his fingers, which I used to think resemble huge hams, like Albert King's or Jimis, have now been dwarfed in comparison by his surrounding frame... but boy, can they still move. They coped with the demands of 'The Easy Blues' every bit as well as when I first saw him back in '74. The words effortless and mesmerising still apply. I wanted to see him strap on an acoustic one more time and roll back the yesrs, and he did just that.
While respiratory problems not helped by a recent dose of flu rendered most of his inter-song patter unintelligible, it was good to see him in such a fine mood. He seems to be bearing up well, mentally sharp, much the same man inside as when I first saw him, undimmed.
Do I want to see him again? If it is a normal band tour, sorry, but no. If, however, he ever did a 'One World' showcase tour, another solo tour,' or, even more unlikely, another one with Danny, then I would want to see every date, regardless of vocal limitations. Lnng may he rave.
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  18:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JOHN MARTYN..."Long may he rave" indeed....Soliod Air, One World and Insieds out, are all top notch albums. I saw a documentary on him,doing his 1st. gig after losing his leg, a real character.
On the gig front i am looking forward to JOHN CALE playing London on March 17th.
Go to Top of Page

SteveLB
First Love

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  19:25:27  Show Profile  Visit SteveLB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Saw Cale last week in Northampton. Came on stage with an open head wound, blood pouring down his face. Then played the best show I've ever seen him do to a venue ony a quarter full.

See you in London.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  21:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bo Diddley is playing near me in the summer. Is this guy still good? I didn't even know he was still alive... :o
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  21:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob Tognoni yesterday afternoon, yes afternoon! 2nd time I've seen him....he's amazing! Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. If you've never heard him before check him out on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITd8mDgaHE&mode=related&search=
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  17:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wheres bo playing caljam?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: