803 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  04:02:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did he play an instrument Bob F?
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  04:30:09  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes. He played an accoustic -amplified guitar most of the show. looked like he was actualy playing it. tambourine, ofcourse.

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  05:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As we go along (from HEAD) - another great Carole King song

poor guy - how do you choose a set when you have such a great back catalog? Should just do the hits from Headquarters (For Petes Sake, Randy scouse git, No Time, uh, Band 6) and be done!
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  16:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was on row F central for last night's Duane Eddy concert at the Royal Festival Hall, this YouTube video was made by the person directly in front of me. Hope he uploads some more as he was filming many other numbers, superb quality, really great concert, one of the first singles I bought was Rebel Rouser.

Here's 40 Miles of Bad Road from last nights gig:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFpEI1BFi7w

He had Richard Hawley's band backing him and a superb sax player. Two lady singers came on for Play Me Like You Play That Old Guitar and Dance With the Guitar Man. Pete Molinari and band very good support act.

Duane is also playing De la Warr Pavilion, Bexhill on Sea on the 9th, York Opera House on the 13th.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  17:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey the tune is great to pave the asphalt!!!!..great stuff from the man and the band......
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  22:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw Grinderman last week in Glasgow..........Superb they were!
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  19:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walter Trout and the Radicals, last night. Not so ear splttingly loud as last time I saw him so was good!
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2010 :  13:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Superb gig by The Pretty Things in Glasgow on Saturday night. The Thanes were good too!
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2010 :  17:25:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old_Man

Superb gig by The Pretty Things in Glasgow on Saturday night. The Thanes were good too!

You lucky guy.....the Pretties never leave the UK...well they never did!
Couldn't get a visa back in the day with something like 70 busts between them!

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2010 :  23:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They could've done the states in the early 60's when everyone else of note did, but management(?) decided to go to New Zealand instead!!!.......and the rest is history as they say.
Go to Top of Page

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2010 :  12:17:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nils Lofgren and Greg Varlotta at The Parc and Dare Theatre in Treorci, South Wales.Nils is an exceptional guitarist and pianist and the support provided by Greg Varlotta on keyboards, guitar and trumpet was perfect. Described as "An Acoustic Duo" this did not really do justice to the performance which exceeded my expectations. You would have to see the show to appreciate what I mean and if you live in the UK there are still 8 shows left on this tour.
After the show Nils stayed and signed autographs and chatted to fans for about an hour - it is not too often that artists engage with their fans in this way, but Nils really seems to enjoy this and had fond memories of the UK tour that he did with Tom Petty over 30 years ago!!
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2010 :  13:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had hoped to see him on the scottish dates but alas circumstances wont allow! Seen him many times, there's no doubt about his mastery of the guitar, and he writes great songs too.
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2010 :  15:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gandalf Murphy & the Slambovian Circus of Dreams at their first UK Extra-Terrestrial Hillbilly Pirate Ball in Camden last night. Not so much a gig as an experience - multiple sets by the band in a variety of different guises. Not wanting to spoil any surprises for the US ball next week precludes my saying any more, but next year, if they do it again, GO!!

And like Mr Lofgren, they will happily chat to fans for hours - even when the security nazis are shouting" "5 mins...4 mins... 3mins..." etc
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  21:04:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw The Waterboys in Glasgow last weekend performing Mike Scott's latest project, "An Appointment With Mr. Yeats". A superb show and an awesome piece of work from Mr Scott whos ambition it has been for a long time to put some of the poems of Irish poet W.B.Yeats to music. Twenty of the songs are performed in the show, most of them recently written with a couple from previous albums, "The Stolen Child" and "Love and Death". An amazingly good band of 10, including trombone, flute and oboe players, also a female vocalist with a beautiful ethereal voice, guitar, keyboards, drums and base, and of course Steve Wickham on fiddle and Mike Scott himself on lead vocals and guitar/piano. Encores on the night were old Waterboys faves The Whole of The Moon and Don't Bang The Drum. Go see!
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  23:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is Gandalf a Maiar ?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: