9873 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  23:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course.

Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2011 :  16:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No relation to the Blue Wizards Alatar and Pallando of course!

http://www.flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/tolksarc.htm

(My favorite is the Tolkien board game!)
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2011 :  21:30:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re The Waterboys show - An Appointment With Mr. Yeats - I forgot to mention that an album (possibly a double cd) of the same name should be coming out in September this year.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  19:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No apologies for this - here's a review from the Guardian in the UK of the "Appointment With Mr. Yeats" show by the Waterboys at the Barbican in London recently. This is a great show! I'm hoping it goes on tour again later in the year when the album is released.If you can, go see it!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopreviews/8304061/The-Waterboys-Barbican-review.html
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  19:42:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No apologies for this - here's a review from the Guardian in the UK of the "Appointment With Mr. Yeats" show by the Waterboys at the Barbican in London recently. This is a great show! I'm hoping it goes on tour again later in the year when the album is released.If you can, go see it!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopreviews/8304061/The-Waterboys-Barbican-review.html
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  14:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jonathan Wilson was excellent at the Scala, Kings Cross, London last night, great band with him, freezing cold night but inside at the gig I felt I was back in some cool LA club in the 1970's.

Some of the numbers were better live than on the record, in particular the ones with electric guitar jamming, good sound and a moderately sized venue, capacity 1000 and I'd say 85/90% sold, meant you got more of a contrast between the quieter and louder sections of the music and at times a more prominent rhythm section.

Here's a good quality video of him doing Desert Raven live in New York January 21.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkY4dafNDoA

Edited by - mikeb on 01/02/2012 15:06:13
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2012 :  18:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

Jonathan Wilson was excellent at the Scala, Kings Cross, London last night, great band with him, freezing cold night but inside at the gig I felt I was back in some cool LA club in the 1970's.

Some of the numbers were better live than on the record, in particular the ones with electric guitar jamming, good sound and a moderately sized venue, capacity 1000 and I'd say 85/90% sold, meant you got more of a contrast between the quieter and louder sections of the music and at times a more prominent rhythm section.

Here's a good quality video of him doing Desert Raven live in New York January 21.

Very nice psychedelic rocker....never heard him! Thanks, mike!! You know I'll be all over this one!!

We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers & discoverers-
-thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses.
Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams.

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2012 :  01:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

Very nice psychedelic rocker....never heard him! Thanks, mike!! You know I'll be all over this one!!

-Peter S. Beagle 1973

Now I am very embarrassed to say I HAVE Wilson's "Gentle Spirit" and have for months and just forgot to give it a listen...shameful!!

I AM NOW!! Nice.

-Peter S. Beagle 1973
Go to Top of Page

SignedRW
Fifth Love

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  23:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Richie Furay Band, with opener Gretchen Peters, at the Maverick Saloon in Santa Ynez, CA, on Wednesday, February 1. Ms. Peters was excellent, and her new release, "Hello, Cruel World," features some of her strongest songwriting to date. As for Richie and his band, words alone can't do him justice. If you don't already own his two disc live career retrospective CD, and have ever been a Buffalo Springfield, Poco, or Richie Furay fan, obtain a copy of it, post haste. And if Richie performs anywhere near you, do not hesitate to go to any means necessary to catch him; the man just never disappoints.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page