Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2007 :  19:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blue Hyenas - scintillating performance as always from one of the best blues bands in the UK.
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2007 :  19:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aerosmith tuesday nite was a good gig played the classics but could have played 4longer.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2007 :  21:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw The Revolutionaires last night - A rocking gig....what a band.
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  12:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two this week:

Smoky Robinson had a few too many, for me, medleys and let the crowd sing the verses numbers but when he just sang songs straight through solo he was often quite superb in particular Ooo Baby Baby and when he closed the main set with Tracks of My Tears, which was done slower and soulfully, was a Stax arrangment rather than a Motown.

Lou Reed presents Berlin last night was quite stunning and interpreted the album a more compassionate way than on record which many find too bleak, 12 members of the New London Children's Choir, three string and four brass players on stage as well as Lou's regular band, a lady singer and guitarist Steve Hunter. The encore was equally triumphant comprising a down-and-dirty Sweet Jane, a gorgeous Satellite Of Love and a playful Walk On The Wild Side with Lou conducting the childrens choir on the doo de doo's and that great sax part. They are talking about a DVD of the show.

Edited by - mikeb on 01/07/2007 12:52:58
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2007 :  22:42:59  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
the most recent live concert i attended was Love with Arthur Lee/ The Zombies at the Wilshire Ebell Theater, los angeles, sept. 29, 2004.
yeah, i know i should get out more, but i'm very selective!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  11:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i had an out of body experience and saw myself at my gig last night..does that count??
we ended on a 20 minute psychedelic jam...t'was cool
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  19:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George Clinton last nite was one of (if not) the greatest gigs ive ever been 2.he puts on one hell of a show 4 a guy in his late 60's.even did a stage dive at the end.3&1/2 hours of pure non-stop funk.he stuck around after the show 2 sign autographs & talk 2the fans.if ya get a chance 2 see him dont hesitate.
Go to Top of Page

watchinallthapeople
Fourth Love

155 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  11:35:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw TV on the Radio last week,
If you listen to the records you'd never think they could pull it off live
but it sounded incredible

Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2007 :  01:41:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Govt Mule last night at the Mean Fiddler, which was packed to the rafters for their only UK gig.

Really enjoyed the show - two 70 min sets, though I missed the first 15 mins due to parking problems - why is London such a s***hole to drive around and park?. The real star of the show for me was Matt Abts, who is one hell of a drummer - hits those skins like, well, a mule, and his drum solo was probably the best I have ever witnessed. Perhaps unsurprisingly, he needed to replace his snare after it.

The only downside for me is that while he is an excellent guitarist and vocalist, Warren Haynes has all the charisma of a concrete post, even when giving it some welly during a solo. Don't get me wrong, I would willingly drive the three plus hours each way to see them again, but given they were playing a small venue with a capacity of <800, Warren could have made more of an effort to connect with the audience.

Edited by - boombox on 16/07/2007 01:42:16
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2007 :  00:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
me!! tonight at the tyne pub, if anyone local wants to check out out gigs we are the midnight circle, you can find us on myspace.
just got back from spain so will catch up on emails soon...you know who you are...
Go to Top of Page

The sweet disorder
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2007 :  01:29:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jellybean

Checked out your Myspace page...Where are the songs???!!!!!

Cheers

Ian
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2007 :  10:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we are working on that!! i'll let you know when we have some songs on there
thanks for looking
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2007 :  21:24:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, here goes, was at the Maryport Blues Festival in Cumbria UK at the weekend and saw the following bands/artists - Blues 'N' Trouble, James Hunter Band, Mike Harrison Band(ex - Spooky Tooth), Harper (not Roy or Nick!), Van Morrison, The Stumble, Gary Moore, Eric Bibb, C.J Chenier and his Red Hot Louisiana Band, Starvin' Sid, Tantrum, and The Holmes Brothers. What a weekend!

Edited by - Old_Man on 31/07/2007 21:25:45
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  22:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Yardbirds put on a very good one last night in Richmond, VA. Much better than I had anticipated considering the only original members present were Chris Dreja and Jim McCarty. Dreja played rhythm guitar instead of bass, and McCarty really tore it up on the kit. The guys playing with them worked quite well spanning the varied catalog of classic Yardbirds, and they even did a number of new songs presumably from their new album Birdland that I haven't heard. The new tunes were really pretty good, not like trying to recreate the old days nor to reinvent themselves, they had kind of a natural progression out of what came before feel to them, fresh sensible stuff. Lot of fun, I recommend seeing them.
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2007 :  15:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got back from Budapest was at a weeklong music fest called Sziget located on an island in the middle of the city it was amazing saw some great bands.amazing week unfortunatly my camera got stolen when i was lounging in the thermal baths so all the pics from it are now gone.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page