Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  23:06:47  Show Profile
Fab memory. Nothing sad about that. You can be in my pub quiz team any time.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  23:07:59  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mosquito

Fab memory. Nothing sad about that. You can be in my pub quiz team any time.

Only if the quiz is on 'British Popular Music 1970-1984' lol
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  23:09:14  Show Profile
Great quiz topic. Sadly, not one in my local.

Edited by - Mosquito on 15/08/2005 23:12:21
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  23:11:56  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
quote:

But anyway... this is getting a bit of topic. Don't think many other members would be interested in UK New Wave bands of the late 70s...

You'd be surprised, I'm 43 tomorrow, it's far more my 'era' than the 'psychadelia' thread below!!
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  23:17:15  Show Profile
You will have to explain how you got into Love then..? I found Love (forgive the pun) as label-mates of the Doors.

I had been into stuff like the Skids, Ultravox, Dept S, Blondie, etc in the late 70s/early 80s but went through a phase of heavy metal, and from there into psychedelia and 60s blues rock. My taste hasn't changed a lot since then. Boring f*rt.

More importantly...
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  23:20:18  Show Profile
HAPPYBIRTHDAY

Happy birthday to you
Squashed tomatoes and stew
Bread and butter in the gutter
Happy birthday to you!!!

Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  23:31:26  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
quote:

You will have to explain how you got into Love then..? I found Love (forgive the pun) as label-mates of the Doors.

I had been into stuff like the Skids, Ultravox, Dept S, Blondie, etc in the late 70s/early 80s but went through a phase of heavy metal, and from there into psychedelia and 60s blues rock. My taste hasn't changed a lot since then. Boring f*rt.

More importantly...

I actually like a huge range of music but, yep, I was a punk in 1977 and guess a lot of my taste stems from there. 'Love' was very simple, an old boyfriend played me 'Forever Changes' around 1979, as yes, I too was a 'Doors' fan and it went from there.

Luckily, I managed to avoid 'heavy metal'
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  23:42:35  Show Profile
Love... very simple? I don't agree with that. But that's a topic in itself and I gotta go now.

Anyway, enjoy your birthday!
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2005 :  05:05:44  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage
the Grateful Dead had 2 drummers...why would The Love Band need 2 drummers? i think DADDYO plans to stick around, yeah, STUART would be a treat. that would be 2 original LOVE members! sorry, Arthur.
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2005 :  05:39:12  Show Profile
dear ole Captain Beefheart had 2 drummers when I saw him in the 70s.
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2005 :  15:29:28  Show Profile
The Allman Bros. also had 2 drummers. Michael Stuart never gave up playing the drums. He still has his set-up, and even jams with his son (guitar). Michael became much less enamored with the scene after the original band broke up...let's call it 'scars' from Arthur. I've said this before-all of the members have or had 'scars' from the way Arthur treated them back in the day.

Allan

Edited by - Allan on 16/08/2005 15:30:25
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2005 :  23:45:08  Show Profile
Cheers for clearing that up Allan. Michael was one helluva drummer, nice to think he's still at it.
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2005 :  00:26:35  Show Profile
quote:

Cheers for clearing that up Allan. Michael was one helluva drummer, nice to think he's still at it.

And didn't Michael and TJ Cantrelli sue Arthur for
back royalties back in the 1970's ?

Free the facts !
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2005 :  00:13:39  Show Profile
Wasn't aware of that kdion, but doesn't Michael mention in his biog that he hadn't got paid for da capo, and that Arthur's explanation was that it was cos the band hadn't paid off the fees for recording the album?

What was the outcome of the court case, by the way?
Go to Top of Page

MHM
Third Love

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2005 :  15:52:44  Show Profile  Visit MHM's Homepage
What does everybody expect from Rolling Stone. from humble beginnings, horrible corporations grow. it's the same with the UK music press. Mojo on occasion has some interesting articles - with very few that go too much depth, it has to be said - but NME, Q etc are all just appalling.

On the other Love members front, I encourage you all to take a look at the Love page on www.bryanmaclean.com (and yes the gallery is being fixed right now and will be back on, with a load of rare sound files too, very soon).
Tjay died in the late 80s or early 90s. Michael does have a kit and does play it regularly, at home, for pleasure. Snoopy is still around and plays occasionally. Spoke to him a few years back and he was a very sweet nice guy, happy to shoot the breeze about Love in an honest way. It'd be interesting to see Snoop playing keys with the Love band.

Mosquito, I don't think it's my place to say what happened with money but let's just say that Art' NEVER paid any of the original band ANY royalties and it wasn't until many years later that some persued the issue and got a VERY VERY VERY small amount of what they were owed. And that goes for song writing royalties with Bryan too. It wasn't until the 80s that Bryan started getting his rightful royalties! Probably said too much but I think people need to know what a greedy control freak someone can be.

cheers Chris

www.BryanMacLean.com www.ZENuk.com www.MileHighMusic.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page