Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2005 :  21:33:19  Show Profile
MHM-Thank you SO much for looking into fixing the gallery at Bryan's site. Michael Stuart told me about you...about you being the web-master for Bryan's site that is LOL!!

I'm especially interested in as many pics of Kenny as you can muster. They are for an old childhood friend of Kenny's. Trust me

Allan

P.S.-Bryan's site is looking good. Bryan deserves the honor and respect you are giving him. Thank You once again

Edited by - Allan on 19/08/2005 21:35:41
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2005 :  09:47:09  Show Profile
Small world. I was on Bryan's site the other night wondering when the galleries would be fixed, site updated...

thanks in anticipation MHM.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2005 :  17:25:41  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by MHM

What does everybody expect from Rolling Stone. from humble beginnings, horrible corporations grow. it's the same with the UK music press. Mojo on occasion has some interesting articles - with very few that go too much depth, it has to be said - but NME, Q etc are all just appalling.

On the other Love members front, I encourage you all to take a look at the Love page on www.bryanmaclean.com (and yes the gallery is being fixed right now and will be back on, with a load of rare sound files too, very soon).
Tjay died in the late 80s or early 90s. Michael does have a kit and does play it regularly, at home, for pleasure. Snoopy is still around and plays occasionally. Spoke to him a few years back and he was a very sweet nice guy, happy to shoot the breeze about Love in an honest way. It'd be interesting to see Snoop playing keys with the Love band.

Mosquito, I don't think it's my place to say what happened with money but let's just say that Art' NEVER paid any of the original band ANY royalties and it wasn't until many years later that some persued the issue and got a VERY VERY VERY small amount of what they were owed. And that goes for song writing royalties with Bryan too. It wasn't until the 80s that Bryan started getting his rightful royalties! Probably said too much but I think people need to know what a greedy control freak someone can be.

cheers Chris

www.BryanMacLean.com www.ZENuk.com www.MileHighMusic.co.uk

It would be interesting to find out what royalties were not paid, since I doubt that LOVE to this day has sold enough copies to recoup
the recording costs/advances to Electra. Maybe performance money,but
I dont think LOVE gigged much. Maybe Arthur kept a larger share of the advances but it can't have been a huge amount.
Certainly Bryan had his own publishing company where he logged his compostions, songwriting royalties paid directly to it, not to Arthur.
Where the muse went, nobody knows, it certainly didn't leave with the
departing members in 68, none put a single thing out.
Go to Top of Page

MHM
Third Love

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2005 :  21:48:28  Show Profile  Visit MHM's Homepage
if waxburn would check Bryan's site, he'd very quickly see that the other members all played with other acts to some degree and Bryan never stopped writing and playing up to the time he died. There are two albums of songs already out covering the years since Love, something Arthur seems totally incapable of delivering and there's another one due out shortly, a collection of recordings of Bryan singing his songs with his sister Maria Mckee, who actually had a hit with her band Lone Justice with the song Don't Toss Us Away, penned by Bryan. He also wrote other songs which charted for artists in the country charts etc. Read up on the subject please.

The royalties were sorted legally in the 80s. Until then, none of the members had received any money from Arthur and yes it was all given to him up to that point bar a few grand that a couple of the members received at a low-eb way back when. Forever Changes has and still does, bring in a not huge but steady amount.

I seldom have time to log on here but it's quite weird to stray in and see so much mis-information on a subject which has, due to the amount written recently from many different sources, and from many different accounts, Michael's & Johnny's for two obvious ones, been made very transparant.

Arthur is no angel, we all know that and neither were the other band members, none of them. All the others though seem to have grown up and learnt to respect each other, themselves and the people who listen to the music. Arthur and his fans seem like Jesus & his disciples! Wake up, look at the whole picture.

Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2005 :  02:13:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by waxburn

[quote]Originally posted by MHM

if waxburn would check Bryan's site, he'd very quickly see that the other members all played with other acts to some degree and Bryan never stopped writing and playing up to the time he died. There are two albums of songs already out covering the years since Love, something Arthur seems totally incapable of delivering and there's another one due out shortly, a collection of recordings of Bryan singing his songs with his sister Maria Mckee, who actually had a hit with her band Lone Justice with the song Don't Toss Us Away, penned by Bryan. He also wrote other songs which charted for artists in the country charts etc. Read up on the subject please.

The royalties were sorted legally in the 80s. Until then, none of the members had received any money from Arthur and yes it was all given to him up to that point bar a few grand that a couple of the members received at a low-eb way back when. Forever Changes has and still does, bring in a not huge but steady amount.

I seldom have time to log on here but it's quite weird to stray in and see so much mis-information on a subject which has, due to the amount written recently from many different sources, and from many different accounts, Michael's & Johnny's for two obvious ones, been made very transparant.

Arthur is no angel, we all know that and neither were the other band members, none of them. All the others though seem to have grown up and learnt to respect each other, themselves and the people who listen to the music. Arthur and his fans seem like Jesus & his disciples! Wake up, look at the whole picture.

I thought the whole picture was that AL was no angel.
I like the Bryan 'cds' but they were collection of demos; Ive been reading that AL has also recorded a bunch of demos too. True, though, AL never played with other acts, you got me there.

ps happy to find out that the royalties were sorted out in
the 80s, I would never have known.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page