Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

bigrubberglove
Fourth Love

188 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  06:01:47  Show Profile

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7546668/ryanadams?pageid=rs.News&pageregion=double1

"It's not often that a hired hand gets to haul off and tell the boss that his services are no longer required, but that's exactly what happened this past week when the fellas Arthur Lee called in to back him in a revivified version of Love gave the rock legend the old heave-ho. The musicians in question, previously known as Baby Lemonade, issued a statement saying they had no choice but to fire Lee because "his mental and physical health has been in steady decline" in recent months. But -- and we're sure Arthur would want nothing less -- they've decided to continue milking the cash cow that the singer bequeathed them by continuing to play the same material, under the banner of the Love Band. Perhaps they could convince Buddy Miles to join them with a newly-formed Jimi Hendrix Experience Experience . . ."

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  07:34:22  Show Profile
weak.

cash cow....uh-huh.

ah well, the printed word <> truth...
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  15:24:40  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
Yep, utter b*llox, it would be nice if journalists printed the truth for once, but I guess that doesn't sell papers?
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  16:12:17  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage
STUPID , stupid, stupid Rolling Turd article!!!
Go to Top of Page

Arnstein
Fifth Love

Norway
340 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  16:15:26  Show Profile  Click to see Arnstein's MSN Messenger address
Rolling Turd, haha
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
547 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  17:55:41  Show Profile
Well, have done my bit and written to the editor complaining about the poor standard of journalism in the piece, its inaccuracies and misrepresentations etc.

Doubt it'll do anything, but maybe if we all did it... It certainly made me feel better though!!
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  18:19:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by boombox

Well, have done my bit and written to the editor complaining about the poor standard of journalism in the piece, its inaccuracies and misrepresentations etc.

Doubt it'll do anything, but maybe if we all did it... It certainly made me feel better though!!

Agreed, the bit about Buddy Miles is a bit out of line, specially when Eddie Van Halen apparentely is available.

Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  21:57:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bigrubberglove

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7546668/ryanadams?pageid=rs.News&pageregion=double1

"It's not often that a hired hand gets to haul off and tell the boss that his services are no longer required, but that's exactly what happened this past week when the fellas Arthur Lee called in to back him in a revivified version of Love gave the rock legend the old heave-ho. The musicians in question, previously known as Baby Lemonade, issued a statement saying they had no choice but to fire Lee because "his mental and physical health has been in steady decline" in recent months. But -- and we're sure Arthur would want nothing less -- they've decided to continue milking the cash cow that the singer bequeathed them by continuing to play the same material, under the banner of the Love Band. Perhaps they could convince Buddy Miles to join them with a newly-formed Jimi Hendrix Experience Experience . . ."

BRG, Ryan Adams fires his guitar player onstage and berates the rest of the band, AND cancels the tour- this series of events
is considered "Performance Art".

Edited by - waxburn on 14/08/2005 22:00:32
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  23:17:55  Show Profile
I was offended that Johnny Echols was not mentioned. HELLO?? He was a founding member and lends credibility to the LOVE BAND. Yes, it's true that Arthur has kept the band going during the years that Johnny could no longer handle Arthur's bull****; but those are Johnny's songs, too! This can't be easy for Johnny, as I know his desire was to reunite with Arthur as opposed to starting a new band -- but you've gotta do what you've gotta do It's about time he earned some money performing songs he contributed to making famous...not just Arthur...and I hope it finally happens.

Just had to add my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth!!

Edited by - ladylove on 15/08/2005 01:14:10
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  23:31:02  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
Agree with you 100%, I've only really met and spoken to Johnny in recent months but he strikes me as a good man who just wants the best for the band...long may he continue to work with 'The Love Band'.
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  22:33:17  Show Profile
What's with the 'rumour' than another original member might be joining the Love Band? Can someone direct me to where this has been discussed? I can't figure it. From my reading of Michael Stuart's biog, the Love chapter of his life was well and truly closed... unless it's Tjay or Snoopy...

Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  22:37:42  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
There has been mention (in the diaries) of the possibility of Micheal Stuart making a few appearances...seems it's a case of 'never say never again'?
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  22:40:15  Show Profile
thanx Caryne. I got the impression reading his book that he didn't even play drums anymore. But, hey, if it happened it would be cool.

Guess they'd have to tour with 2 drummers though, like Bow Wow Wow or Adam & the Ants...
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  22:44:03  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
'Bow Wow Wow' didn't have two drummers, just one they nicked from 'Adam and the Ants'!! lol Subsequently, when new members were recruited for the 'Ants', they had two drummers. I could name all drummers involved here but that might just be too sad
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  22:45:48  Show Profile
Bow wow wow didn't have 2 drummers... Heelp my memory's going, must be getting old (i.e. nearly 40).

Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  22:49:20  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
Nope, just Dave Barbe (from the original 'Ants') drummed in 'Bow Wow Wow'. The Ants replacement drummers were Terry Lee Miall and Chris Hughes...see, told you I was sad
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page