Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

johnbhoy
Second Love

46 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  18:53:33  Show Profile
It would be helpful if someone in the know could advise us of Arthur's current (a) whereabouts (b) frame of mind.

Lisbon 1967
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  23:15:37  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by johnbhoy

Well he definitely has previous and I don't think he'll be at all chuffed with this development. I'm not taking sides here just trying to restore some balance.

Lisbon 1967

Sorry, but 'restore balance' to what? Arthur may be a 'musical genius'but his behaviour towards people is unforgiveable..what 'balance' is there to restore?
Go to Top of Page

Mosquito
Second Love

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  23:41:59  Show Profile
I too am very much looking forward to seeing 'The Love Band' back in the UK - and hearing the new album will be truly amazing.

Rock on.
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  02:25:53  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage
Arthur says he's moving forward with plans to open his own club on West Adams Blvd in Los Angeles where he can play regularly without traveling. He's planning to use Shuggie Otis' son Lucky on bass and Joe Blocker on drums. Hopefully the club will be open before the year ends.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  03:03:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by waxburn

[quote]Originally posted by waxburn

w[quote]Originally posted by jazmaan

Arthur says he's moving forward with plans to open his own club on West Adams Blvd in Los Angeles where he can play regularly without traveling. He's planning to use Shuggie Otis' son Lucky on bass and Joe Blocker on drums. Hopefully the club will be open before the year ends.

I'm sure that Shuggie will show up every so often.

Tell Arthur to comp me.

Edited by - waxburn on 10/08/2005 03:58:07
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  05:40:47  Show Profile
I CAN VISUALIZE A SLOPPY PERFORMANCE ALREADY.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
First Love

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  09:48:37  Show Profile
I'm looking forward to seeing The Love Band and hearing the new material.

Anyone know when there are likely to be any tour dates announced?

Alex
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  10:30:28  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
Unlikely there'll be any dates for 'The Love Band' in Europe this year, they are trying to arrange a few in the US though.

As for Arthur and his club, well, guess it'll be interesting..no touring, that'll suit him down to the ground
Go to Top of Page

JohnFPorcaro
Fourth Love

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  18:39:54  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jazmaan

With Arthur's people skills, his work ethic, his sticking to promises, this "Club" should last about 2 weeks at the most. If he's lucky, the club may become the object of a Chris Rock joke.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  19:24:46  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
Now that's actually probably the truest words I've read in a while
Just wondering who's money he was using for the club, can't say I could see many people rushing to go into business with him?
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  20:35:01  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by JohnFPorcaro

quote:
Originally posted by jazmaan

With Arthur's people skills, his work ethic, his sticking to promises, this "Club" should last about 2 weeks at the most. If he's lucky, the club may become the object of a Chris Rock joke.

Maybe so, but I have a hunch that Arthur(****** ***) may have something to prove.

From small things, BIG things sometimes come.(Dave Edmunds)

Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  08:52:20  Show Profile
I guess Arthur will be serving KOOL-AID at his "club" because I don't think felons can aquire a liquor license in California.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  13:43:29  Show Profile
Good luck to Arthur, I wish him well in whatever he does. I for one don't want him to disappear from the music scene. I will be very sad if he doesn't return to the UK ever again.
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  16:52:17  Show Profile
I saw Ike Turner, who is 74, and the Rhythm Kings at the Barbican this year. Superb concert.

He had worse problems with drugs and violent conduct than Arthur, took him till he was 69 to clean up and he now has an education programme the Blues School Programme where he goes into schools during Black History Month jamming with students and spreading his message: Stay in school, stay off drugs, follow your dreams, respect yourself and everyone else will follow.

Arthur is 61, I would love to think there is still time for him to come to terms with his personal issues.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  17:04:23  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage
I don't think there's a soul here who wouldn't want Arthur clean, healthy and performing again.
However, as Mike has said, it's not just the drugs that's made him treat people like s*it recently(and in the past) and that's what I find hardest to forgive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page