Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

brasseye
First Love

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2005 :  11:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks. This is my first post...been lurking on here for a while and finally joined yesterday. Been a huge fan of Love since picking up a vinyl copy of 'De Capo' about 10 years ago but until now I've not had the opportunity to see the man himself live...excited is an understatement!

Just wondering where everyone was planning to meet before the gig? Me and my wife are arriving early in the afternoon and doing a bit of shopping beforehand but it would be nice meeting a few people before the gig itself.

Best, Ant.

mlucifersam
First Love

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2005 :  14:25:41  Show Profile  Visit mlucifersam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is going to be my fourth time at Manchester. First was way back in 96 at the Powerhouse in London, then down in London at the Festival Hall, then in Manc atthe Acdemy with the 'Forever Changes' tour. Each time has been fantastic.

The man is the closet thing I've ever seen to a living genius.

You, and me, should be in for a treat on Thursday!

Mark R Jones,
Manchester UK
Go to Top of Page

louise aspden
First Love

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2005 :  15:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be there and bringing 2 friends who had never heard of Love unitl a couple of weeks ago. I have been a fan since the 60s and had to wait nearly 40 years to see them and now get them again 12 months later. LAst years gig was brillaint Arthur has lost nothing.

Louise

Go to Top of Page

mlucifersam
First Love

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2005 :  16:19:44  Show Profile  Visit mlucifersam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took along a 20 year old mate last time I went who hadn't got a clue who Arthur Lee was, when he saw the 'Love' logo though he recognised it cos I have it tattooed on my arm.

He'd been to MANY gigs and said it was in his top 5 gigs! And he didn't even know any of the songs!

Mark R Jones,
Manchester UK
Go to Top of Page

Scottishkeith
Third Love

82 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2005 :  16:38:08  Show Profile  Visit Scottishkeith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm travelling through from Darlington and will probably be in Big Hands pub before the gig It's very close to the Academy.

There are a couple of other pubs across the road near the venue as well.

I seen Love so many times in the last 3 years I'm losing count but the Academy is one of the nest venues in terms of crowd reaction.
Go to Top of Page

mlucifersam
First Love

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2005 :  16:44:06  Show Profile  Visit mlucifersam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One of the highlights for me during ther 'Forever Changes' tour at the Academy was, what sounded like the entire crowd, chanting '"Arthur Lee, Arthur Lee.." to the tune of some football song just after 'Everyonbody's Gotta Give'. Arthur was gobsmacked and stood to listen. Was one them moments!

Mark R Jones,
Manchester UK
Go to Top of Page

Scottishkeith
Third Love

82 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2005 :  17:08:42  Show Profile  Visit Scottishkeith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
One of the highlights for me during ther 'Forever Changes' tour at the Academy was, what sounded like the entire crowd, chanting '"Arthur Lee, Arthur Lee.." to the tune of some football song just after 'Everyonbody's Gotta Give'. Arthur was gobsmacked and stood to listen. Was one them moments!

I remember that night very well and if you had been in luck later on in Big Hands one of the guys from the orchestra played the trumpet solo as Alone Again Or was played by the DJ
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2005 :  17:19:44  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was at Manchester Academy too on Jan 25th 2003 great gig

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

brasseye
First Love

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2005 :  18:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for suggestions....gonna try and get into one of the two pubs across the road but as student loans were paid out last week this might prove to be something of a problem!

Looking forward to it either way...
Go to Top of Page

Scottishkeith
Third Love

82 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2005 :  10:58:12  Show Profile  Visit Scottishkeith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will be in Big Hands before the gig.Hope to get there about 7'ish

The Kro Bar across the road is good but doesn't have the same "pre-gig" feel as Big Hands.
Go to Top of Page

mlucifersam
First Love

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2005 :  16:15:50  Show Profile  Visit mlucifersam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'd LOVE to get Arthur's and Johnny's autographs. Anyone any idea wether there's gunna be ANY way possible to get them tonight in Manchester? I just wanna shake Arthur by the hand! I been into LOVE for over 10 years now and if there's a chance I'd like to. I got so CLOSE at the Powerhouse in London in 1996, I was standing next to Arthur while he was talking to someone after the gig but he disapeared and didn't come back. Gutted! After that he was locked up so I was gutted even more so. I don't wanna hassle him, just get his name in his hand wroter and wish him all the best!

Mark R Jones,
Manchester UK
Go to Top of Page

louise aspden
First Love

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  02:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i am just trying to calm down after the gig. although they moved it to the smaller venue it was brilliant. great to see johnny thereplaying guitar behind his head. went with 3 freinds one of whom got friendly with one of the bouncers and he let us back in when they were clesring the place so got the chance to see arthur and johnny after the gig and get a few things signed. Johny was really sweet.
was great to here little red book, also your mind and we belong together, the new song rainbow in the strom was great all FC except andmoreagain and good humor man, what else signed DC cant explain, singing cowboy, 7 plus 7 sad they didnt do august, might have missed the ood one. would love to try to get to another this tour but probably will have to wait til liverpool in july.

Louise
Go to Top of Page

louise aspden
First Love

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  02:15:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i am just trying to calm down after the gig. although they moved it to the smaller venue it was brilliant. great to see johnny thereplaying guitar behind his head. went with 3 freinds one of whom got friendly with one of the bouncers and he let us back in when they were clesring the place so got the chance to see arthur and johnny after the gig and get a few things signed. Johny was really sweet.
was great to here little red book, also your mind and we belong together, the new song rainbow in the strom was great all FC except andmoreagain and good humor man, what else signed DC cant explain, singing cowboy, 7 plus 7 sad they didnt do august, might have missed the ood one. would love to try to get to another this tour but probably will have to wait til liverpool in july.

Louise
Go to Top of Page

louise aspden
First Love

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  02:15:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so good i posted twice
Go to Top of Page

gazdean
First Love

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  13:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by louise aspden

so good i posted twice

Go to Top of Page

gazdean
First Love

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  13:26:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an awesome night in manchester last night. first time i have seen Arthur and the band - fantastic performance from a 60 year old guy who you could tell he really wanted to be there.
Was happy wth the switch to academy 2 made the gig more of an intimate night.
Any ideas when the guys are back in manchester again?

Gaz.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page