New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stewart
Old Love

United Kingdom
568 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  23:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://hellhoundonmytrail.tumblr.com/post/1643875986/the-allman-brothers-band-in-memory-of-elizabeth

anyone know whether recordings of Love at these gigs exists?

We can spend all day arguing that Love’s Forever Changes is the greatest album of all time. But let’s not argue, it is.

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  12:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The only ones I'm aware of from that venue are those from towards the end of 1970.....with the Love Lost line-up.
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  21:03:47  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a recording of the Fillmore East Feb 2nd 1970 with the Grateful Dead.Arthur adds various percussion to the set.

http://www.thefreedomman.com/
PRESS THE LINK!
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  23:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Given that Love flew directly to Europe following the February shows at Fillmore East, I would think that the sound and tracklistings were very similar to those on Live in England 1970 / False Start. We have never heard though the concert versions of Slick Dick, Ride That Vibration and Feel Daddy Feel Good that were also being performed at that time.......months before the studio recordings of these same songs.

Edited by - John9 on 24/11/2010 23:56:07
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  02:24:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I briefly corresponded via email with Owsley in ~1997, and he told me that he did indeed have recordings of Love's sets at these shows. He also wrote that if the owners of the rights (presumably Arthur, in this case) could work something out, that it would be possible to put together a release (I believe this was shortly after the Allmans CD from these shows came out).

I forwarded the info to David Fairweather (a friend of Arthur, who I believe was also his attorney at the time), but have no idea if it was ever discussed, much less seriously pursued.

Edited by - ruxprncd on 25/11/2010 02:25:48
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2010 :  04:24:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember contacting Owsley (the Bear) curious if he had any live Love (in particular I was interested in the original Love lineup) and he was very rude to me, insulting me because I had a CollegeClub
account

Jerk. Don't waste your love on him mate
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page