Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

TJSAbass
Fourth Love

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2010 :  01:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazon is taking preorders for the new printing of Michael Stuart's Pegasus Carousel book. Highly recommended!!!!!! I have an old print, but I'll probably get a new one. The preorder discount brings the price down to about $11. Expected release date November 1st.

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2010 :  02:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TJSAbass

Amazon is taking preorders for the new printing of Michael Stuart's Pegasus Carousel book. Highly recommended!!!!!! I have an old print, but I'll probably get a new one. The preorder discount brings the price down to about $11. Expected release date November 1st.

That is good, because an original printing is going for $161!!

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2010 :  02:25:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see how they got by the Love logo issues and using Love's images....by using NONE!

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2010 :  02:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gotta tell ya, the 1st release of this disc was on disc

signed as I recall!
Go to Top of Page

gatemouthmoore
Fourth Love

202 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  01:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the latest trend in book publishing. Get enough pre-orders to pay for the printing costs, up front. Insuring their investment.... No more bargan bin specials!

GMM
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2010 :  02:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so whens Randles book coming out? or is it gonna be published by Lulu or someone?
Go to Top of Page

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2010 :  20:18:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is very good news, I owe Michael 2 copies, from a couple of years ago, and Amazon kept my order open for months, until I finally gave up. It is a great comedy/tragedy story which Michael weeves beautifully with all of the original colors intact.

It's all the same day.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  00:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some people were disappointed with Pegasus because their was not enough Arthur/Love and did not go deep into all of Love, but Michael told me it was a cleansing of spirit that had been eating him away for years. Afterall it is about Michael andALL of his years in music, and was never supposed to be just about Love, even though it was mainly about Love. It isn't about the extensive research that Einarson went through to give us the compleat LOVE...it is about Michael's memories and experiences with Love and Arthur. What more could we ask?? It is quite an honest telling and worth many reads.

Thanks, Michael, for the memories!

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  01:17:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guess Arthur didn't like it, much
Go to Top of Page

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2010 :  18:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, that sounds like Arthur all right; arrogance, bliss and genius. There was only one Arthur Lee. 'Miss 'em.

It's all the same day.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2010 :  03:03:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

guess Arthur didn't like it, much

its more of a novel than anything else. Maybe we will learn a little more about how he walked out of that Neil Diamond tour. For someone
that was so interested in his 1% he sure walked out of what could have been a gold mine. If it took place at all, of course.

Edited by - waxburn on 26/10/2010 03:04:15
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2010 :  03:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

so whens Randles book coming out? or is it gonna be published by Lulu or someone?

Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2010 :  04:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perfectly put, LK!

quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

Some people were disappointed with Pegasus because their was not enough Arthur/Love and did not go deep into all of Love, but Michael told me it was a cleansing of spirit that had been eating him away for years. Afterall it is about Michael andALL of his years in music, and was never supposed to be just about Love, even though it was mainly about Love. It isn't about the extensive research that Einarson went through to give us the compleat LOVE...it is about Michael's memories and experiences with Love and Arthur. What more could we ask?? It is quite an honest telling and worth many reads.

Thanks, Michael, for the memories!

Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  02:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks,ruxprncd.

I would not call it a "novel", waxburn. I would call it: personal recollections....just because it does not jive with certain other Love members in some instances does not mean their recollections are more true than his.

Afterall, a certain "previous Love drummer" spread a few rumours that could more closely be called fiction, wouldn't you say!!!

Michael is quite credible and a great guy, so I tend to believe Michael's recollections, even over Arthur's in many cases...I seem to remember Arthur embellishing a few memories at times!

Edited by - lemonade kid on 27/10/2010 02:28:27
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  03:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snoopy comes across well in Michael's book

and to his credit, he came over to Michael after FChanges came out and complimented him on the album, though he had every right to be bitter about how his sacking from the band had gone down before
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2010 :  03:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Snoopy comes across well in Michael's book

and to his credit, he came over to Michael after FChanges came out and complimented him on the album, though he had every right to be bitter about how his sacking from the band had gone down before

Right..and Michael said that Snoop had turned into quite a good drummer by the time he was sacked. Snoop just seemed to have a few other colorful stories to tell about some other band members. Michael and he were good friends it seemed, even after Snoop got the axe.

Arthur always talked affectionately of Snoopy and so it puzzled me how Snoopy trashed Arthur so much. It was business, not personal, and most musicians understand that.

Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page