Re Love at Teaszer 3 27 92
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2010 :  18:51:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
watching a video I converted to dvd from video of Love at the Coconut Teaser from 1992 and I must say, its often a hit and miss affair. You've got sax on the odd number (Alone again or, 90 Miles away)

Arthur does sound a little bored on the odd new number (90 miles away) but its welcome to hear songs like "5 string serenade" with the intro played on synth!

Having seen Love starting in the early 90s (92?) at Tramps in NY I must say that, although they were terrific shows (I never saw Love at Maxwells at around the same time, tho the Tramps Cafe shows with Das Damen were enough)
certainly Arthurs peak was at the live Forever Changes show

The Teaszer show is a good one, nice and long (90 minutes) but blues songs co written by Arthur Lee & Leon Hendrix (Jimi's brother?) don't
really hold up, to my mind

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2010 :  19:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

watching a video I converted to dvd from video of Love at the Coconut Teaser from 1992 and I must say, its often a hit and miss affair. You've got sax on the odd number (Alone again or, 90 Miles away)

Arthur does sound a little bored on the odd new number (90 miles away) but its welcome to hear songs like "5 string serenade" with the intro played on synth!

Having seen Love starting in the early 90s (92?) at Tramps in NY I must say that, although they were terrific shows (I never saw Love at Maxwells at around the same time, tho the Tramps Cafe shows with Das Damen were enough)
certainly Arthurs peak was at the live Forever Changes show

The Teaszer show is a good one, nice and long (90 minutes) but blues songs co written by Arthur Lee & Leon Hendrix (Jimi's brother?) don't
really hold up, to my mind

KD: I was at this and most of the early 1990's LA area
shows. This one was pretty good, there were a few which
weren't so good.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  01:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Longer set than the one at Tramps Cafe in NY at around the same time (92/3)

"Passing by blues" ISN'T a great song though, even for an encore!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page