Page: of 3

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2010 :  22:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

From what I understand, almost all the Fillmore shows were recorded and Bill Graham had them archived....the whole vault was sold to a dude whose goal is to somehow release or save what he can, but the danger of them all deteriorating before that can be achieved is likely.

Who knows what gems there are to be discovered-- or forever lost.
Forever changes.

Im told that he didnt start with the taping until after the original Love was done, NO original Love in the vault. If by any chance they had found it would already have been exploited.

Go to Top of Page

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  22:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Blue Thumb box set included "Live in England, 1970".
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2010 :  22:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how bad is the box?
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2010 :  10:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

how bad is the box?

Is that actually a serious question? I do sometimes wonder. For real Love fans, it was a fascinating release. To have the two Blue Thumb releases remastered for the first time together with a record of the well received 1970 tour of England was wonderful. Whilst I've always had some reservations about the way Arthur's vocals were recorded on the live set, I certainly wouldn't be without it. When you add in the attractive booklet, which includes some new (to me at any rate)pictures, an interesting essay and meticulously accurate session information.......well, need I say any more?

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.public.product.asp?product_id=4B43205C-EFDD-449F-BBA4-6C6CCFF89AC8

Edited by - John9 on 30/08/2010 10:31:01
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2010 :  14:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
KD: Hey Rock. One of my all time fav Love tracks is Que Vida
from Da Capo. I was grooving to this the other night and noticed
the KILLER organ track coming in at the end. Guess who played
that too ?

Yeah Snoopy! Thx!!!! Now I'm going tos ay something. Seriously, DA CAPO's side one is perhaps one of the most glorious and beautiful song sides in all of rockdom. Who were doing any songs like that at the time? The 'sound' is incredible that came out of the band's heads, fingers, hands, etc and into the pristine air. The "styles" that they experimneted with were I think "avant garde" if there was any California band involved in it. They came a long long way from You I'll be Following! Now Lou in NY was pretty good with his edgy, dreamy and airy stuff here in NY but arguably Arthur with DA CAPO showed I think that he could do a little more than Lou at the time when it came to skirting the "avant garde" bit in music. Now I could see Lou doing "Orange Skies" or "Que Vida!" but Arthur beat him to it...
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2010 :  16:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand the box costs rather a lot
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  19:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
someone from this board was kind enough to do me a copy of the LIVE IN LONDON disc from the Blue Thumb box set, and i think it,s really good, a great re- master job, and one of my fave live Love discs.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  03:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought False Start had been remastered long before the box set

It goes for a lot on eBay when it turns up. Amazon has it at a rather steep $60, used
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  09:07:20  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boombox

quote:
Originally posted by GatherRoundPeople

I'll start with...The Move...Stephanie Knows Who.

I beg to differ. That was the first time I ever heard the song and loved it from the off. I have even played it since I discovered the original too.

I agree with Boombox. I actually think it's a pretty decent version, obviously not quite as good as the original but a worthy effort. I often listen to it.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page