New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  16:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this album as much as any so lets get into it. Your favorite songs? Most have a beef with "Revelation", especially the Love members, but I love it and especially the mono version--played while working.

As Arthur said with a wink ("I don't know French, but....."--it's Italian, of course) it means "from the beginning". It is commonly abbreviated D.C. So....was he continuing with his first album? Back to "Signed D.C."? Various meanings of the song title have surfaced from Arthur and others.
That is for another topic...or not. A double meaning?
"Signed D.C.(from the beginning)"?

So why the album title?

I can't really pick a favorite song from side one. For me it's like a brilliant six track song cycle that can't be separated. Maybe the best album side ever.

Edited by - lemonade kid on 03/02/2010 16:16:22

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  17:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Lemonadekid - Da Capo is a wonderful album. I never appreciated its power so well as I did when Annie Nightingale (then of BBC Radio One) played She Comes in Colours late one night in 1974. We are, of course, conditioned into thinking of this song as completing an outstanding album side...but just to hear it, without introduction, coming out of the radio like that was pleasantly haunting. Like you, I've never had a problem with Revelation....I especially love the Bach piece that tops and tails the track...and I always look forward to the sax and especially the subtle guitar parts that develop later on. I think that when artists denigrate selected items in their back catalogue....it's usually best not to listen to them!

Edited by - John9 on 03/02/2010 17:03:26
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  19:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know when I think about Da Capo I just hear such a unique and musically creative record. If you think about it the band at the time could have gone in many directions based on those songs which were so different from each other. The fact that they went with FC as the "next up" seems to be inevitbale after what we got from the songs..some "light, very bright and airy" and others that really rock and mope along with hints of a bit of dread.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page