Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  06:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the new Love book is available for pre order on Amazon (release date: June 10 2010)

very nice shot of Arthur playing guitar as a cover

wish Einarson hadn't been gotten at when he posted here on the board. Hope he doesn't diss the site in the book!

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  08:33:19  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe... is there really any need to bring it all up again? It's Xmas let's move on
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  19:42:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

the new Love book is available for pre order on Amazon (release date: June 10 2010)

very nice shot of Arthur playing guitar as a cover

wish Einarson hadn't been gotten at when he posted here on the board. Hope he doesn't diss the site in the book!

KD: I agree - seen it happen too many times - people who
can contribute to various lists, websites etc run off for
stupid, non productive reasons.

Free the Love !
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2009 :  20:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Showing as £14.95 + VAT with a release date of May 5 on London based Music Sales Group's site:
http://www.musicsales.com/catalogue/product.aspx/en-GB/705833/JohnEinarsonForeverChangesArthurLeeAndTheBookOfLove
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 24/12/2009 :  01:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any Love sheet music at Music Sales?

or Alone Again Or - wasn't it a hit for the Damned in the UK?

Here in the States (in particular NYC, where I live) its best to hit the library at Lincoln Center for the out of print guitar tab, scores, songbooks, etc, tho they don't have everything (apparently theres a songbook for Traffic's Shootout at the Fantasy Factory)

would really like to see some guitar tab published for Love down the line
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  16:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pic of cover of new book !!...thanks RW...it's all been said.
Can't wait. WOW! Great cover!

http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/0705833/details.html

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  17:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Scot. Great shot of Arthur - you don't see too many shots of Arthur with the guitar. Probably a shot from the old Zigzag..

I'm gonna try to find it as an ARC somewhere - was able to find an ARC of a new Dragonlance book MONTHS before it came out

SOMEONE has to have it - I mean, they have a cover shot!
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  17:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's now a press release from Jawbone Press which mentions the book as well as some other interesting titles. Note that the forthcoming book on the Elektra records story will cover Love among others.:

http://www.jawbonepress.com

They had promotional events in the UK for the Bill Bruford and Velvet Underground books, as well as the London library events Richie Unterberger guested for an hour on my local station, Hertbeat's, 60's show, also heard him interviewed on the BBC South East radio Roger Day evening show, think he did other radio interviews.

Hopefully they'll do some promotional events in the UK for the Arthur Lee book as there would be interest from radio stations and I would have thought some library/bookshop events would draw an audience if they can get John Einarson over here. I'd have thought the UK would be one of the largest markets for the book.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  07:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

John Einarson is a great writer.

Sometimes message boards carry a certain number of people who get very touchy when people go around trying to document the truth. Oh well, it looks like a swell book, I look forward to it.

Cheers to Mr. Einarson.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  11:06:57  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThomasGalasso

Sometimes message boards carry a certain number of people who get very touchy when people go around trying to document the truth. Oh well, it looks like a swell book, I look forward to it.

Cheers to Mr. Einarson.

Thomas, we've been through all this before. No one has any problem with the truth. End of story.
Go to Top of Page

ThomasGalasso
Old Love

USA
712 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  14:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really Caryne?

Thank you as always. Where would I be without thee?

Its clear you have issues with other people's opinions and observations if they do not coincide with yours, I mean really Caryne? Am I offending you or something?
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  17:07:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he wrote a book on the Byrds?

do they still play? one assumes that Crosby got together with McGuinn at some time to do "Draft morning" live!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Denmark
40 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  19:28:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now do I really have to remind you that everyone is entitled to their opinions and to have those opinions respected, and that the messageboard is not the place for personal insults or jibes about individual members. Also the board has managed very well without moderation for a lot of years and benefits from postings being instantaneously visible, however if there continues to be a lack of respect shown then perhaps this will need to be changed.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  22:09:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

he wrote a book on the Byrds?

do they still play? one assumes that Crosby got together with McGuinn at some time to do "Draft morning" live!

He wrote a book about Gene Clark and it includes his time with the Byrds...very forthright and insightful with lots of interviews with the other Byrds. But of course it only covers the founding of the Byrds by Gene & Jim (Roger) and until he left the Byrds. There were some great Byrds albums after Gene, but as Hillman, Crosby and others have said the best Byrds albums were with the FIVE Byrds!!! The best received LIVE Byrds were the FIVE Byrds too.

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  22:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThomasGalasso

Cheers to Mr. Einarson.

Tom...did John get hold of you?

gatemouthmoore
Fourth Love

202 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2010 :  23:24:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is anyone here aware of the term "Vanity Press"

Edited by - gatemouthmoore on 17/01/2010 23:29:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic