Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  09:34:24  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

The vinyl edition is now in stock at Spin:

http://www.spincds.com/product.asp?id=9021598

That's interesting as I've just had an email from amazon.com to say the vinyl will be sent out in the first week of January.
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  10:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes indeed - I've noticed that with a number of releases, Amazon are not always the first off the mark.

Edited by - John9 on 17/12/2009 10:40:29
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  10:43:52  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

Yes indeed - I've noticed that with a number of releases, Amazon are not always the first off the mark.

I've never had that problem, often stuff I've ordered from Amazon has arrived before the release date. Even so, it's the cheapest place to get it so I'm prepared to wait
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  10:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yes - Amazon are usually the ones to go with....their service is first class and as you say, they sometimes get new titles out beforehand. I think that with labels like Sundazed, new product finds its way to the market through different channels. Smaller retailers like Spin are sometimes behind......and some times ahead of the game. The newly released Greenpeace 1970 Amchitka album (with Joni Mitchell, James Taylor and Phil Ochs) was not listed on Amazon....not even on Amazon Canada.....but Spin had it.
Go to Top of Page

bkel
First Love

5 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2009 :  01:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
received the love lost lp/45 about 5 weeks ago and have been playing it since. why these sessions were not issued at the time is beyond belief. knowing what was going on with columbia at the time, i still can't see why not. it would have been a great lp. shame on sundazed for not recreating what could have been. the solo demos should have been devoted to one side or section of said lp/cd. i have not been able to purchase cd, there is a supposedly a bonus track? can anyone tell me what this song is if so. also, why no pictures of frank, don and craig? this was by no means a solo project, but for some of us, another love lp. happy holidays and terrific new year to everyone!
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2009 :  04:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand the bonus track is an instrumental jam after the last track, tho I've only listened to Love Lost a couple times all the way thru

"Everybodys gotta live" is the worst song on the album, undoubtedly

The single is great - great great track on the B side - I LOVE it when Arthurs cracking up at the end of "Sad song"
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2009 :  11:40:15  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bkel

received the love lost lp/45 about 5 weeks ago and have been playing it since. why these sessions were not issued at the time is beyond belief. knowing what was going on with columbia at the time, i still can't see why not. it would have been a great lp. shame on sundazed for not recreating what could have been. the solo demos should have been devoted to one side or section of said lp/cd. i have not been able to purchase cd, there is a supposedly a bonus track? can anyone tell me what this song is if so. also, why no pictures of frank, don and craig? this was by no means a solo project, but for some of us, another love lp. happy holidays and terrific new year to everyone!

Who did you order your LP from? Mine from Amazon was only sent out three days ago (so I havn't got it yet as it'll take a while to get from the USA to UK over Xmas).
I'm not sure you can blame Sundazed for not putting out the album that would have been over nearly 40 years ago, it's hardly their fault!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page