thought Housden was working on a book

Granted that was years ago
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  22:45:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dream team would be Johnny and Michael Stuart!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  22:50:22  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobbyFischer

My dream team would be Johnny and Michael Stuart!

Can't really see that ever happening

I would love to read Johnny's story though, hope that happens one day.
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  23:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why dont you think this will happen?Michael with his writing talent,Johnny with his anecdotes,Michael being maybe a little to harsh on Arthur,and Johnny correcting him when Arthur turns out to much of an ass!Should make a great biograpY,NOT AT LEAST STORY!Sure would be at least as interesting a story from a man from an bankrupt Island,more famous for its 72 legendary match between Fischer-Spassky than anything else..who uses Diana Lee as his consulent..
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  23:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the positve side: Einarson is not a devoted Love fan,but as a Buffalo Springfield expert and author very well known to that scene,I think Housden wouldnt have enough distance to Love to write the Story.That said Im really conserned about the strong involvement of Ms Lee in Einarsons project..
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  00:11:52  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Why dont you think this will happen?Michael with his writing talent,Johnny with his anecdotes,Michael being maybe a little to harsh on Arthur,and Johnny correcting him when Arthur turns out to much of an ass!Should make a great biograpY,NOT AT LEAST STORY!Sure would be at least as interesting a story from a man from an bankrupt Island,more famous for its 72 legendary match between Fischer-Spassky than anything else..who uses Diana Lee as his consulent..

Just can't see Johnny and Michael working together, that's all.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  00:16:06  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

On the positve side: Einarson is not a devoted Love fan,but as a Buffalo Springfield expert and author very well known to that scene,I think Housden wouldnt have enough distance to Love to write the Story.That said Im really conserned about the strong involvement of Ms Lee in Einarsons project..

I don't know Diane Lee well enough to comment on that aspect.

I think that David Housden could quite easily write as good as biography as anyone, if he chose to. It's not as if he was a 'good mate' of Arthur's or anything so I don't think the distance is an issue.
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  00:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just seen rarely writings from Houseden,exept for editing and leader columns,mainly diary type experience with the group from their England tour in 70 and 75.I see your point but I nevertheless think a writer on the big Love biography should be from the outside,lets face it people like Barney Hoskyns would probably still belive in the dougnut robber hoax,Tobler?forget it!and Housden? Does he know the story?Hell yes detail wise, better than anyone,including how many takes Rivers to cross on real to reel took,but does that make him a good story teller?Einarson was acting like a jerk on this board a while ago,but I still think he has the quality needed to make a hell of a story!
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  00:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
adding:and the network needed
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  00:52:11  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have just seen rarely writings from Houseden,exept for editing and leader columns,mainly diary type experience with the group from their England tour in 70 and 75.I see your point but I nevertheless think a writer on the big Love biography should be from the outside,lets face it people like Barney Hoskyns would probably still belive in the dougnut robber hoax,Tobler?forget it!and Housden? Does he know the story?Hell yes detail wise, better than anyone,including how many takes Rivers to cross on real to reel took,but does that make him a good story teller?Einarson was acting like a jerk on this board a while ago,but I still think he has the quality needed to make a hell of a story!

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I think it's best not to be too close to an artist if you write a biography but I also feel you have to have some understanding and feel for the band/artist you are writing about. I really don't want to comment anymore on Einarson than that.

Edited by - caryne on 12/09/2009 01:13:45
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  01:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still hoping for a Michael/Johnny cooperation,no matter what you say on that possibility Caryne :-) Even Snoopy and Bryan teamed up short berfore Bryans death according to Delany,God would I have loved to be a fly on the wall on that meeting!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  01:14:07  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Still hoping for a Michael/Johnny cooperation,no matter what you say on that possibility Caryne :-) Even Snoopy and Bryan teamed up short berfore Bryans death according to Delany,God would I have loved to be a fly on the wall on that meeting!

We can always hope
Go to Top of Page

aldo
Third Love

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  18:53:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It really makes me realise that the legend of love will never really be to clear not that it matters too much as the records tell us all we need to know good music and a unique time for music and style etc(original love), still a little mystery is good it is interesting thinking what would have happened if all the guys were still with us no doubt there would be a reunion by now all of them older and wiser,
I only ever read one book on them called love story it had kind of like details of the songs didnt enjoy it that much,
The film gave a really good take on the band suppose the post elektra loves are neglected a little but after awhile it comes across as a hire and fire thing with the backing bands
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  19:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

I think that David Housden could quite easily write as good as biography as anyone, if he chose to. It's not as if he was a 'good mate' of Arthur's or anything so I don't think the distance is an issue.

KD: Did DH ever "write" anything about LOVE ? Most of the contents
of THE CASTLE is simply the photocopying of various Love reviews
and pieces written by others.

Free the writing !
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  20:04:22  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdion11

quote:
Originally posted by caryne

KD: Did DH ever "write" anything about LOVE ? Most of the contents
of THE CASTLE is simply the photocopying of various Love reviews
and pieces written by others.

Free the writing !

Well, he wrote the forward to this book,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/189988260X/ref=cm_rdp_product

and I've read other things written by him too.

In recent conversations on here this book seems to have been forgotten. I can't believe Amazon are charging $150 for a copy now

By the way, in the reviews of the above book one of the names looks rather familiar

Edited by - caryne on 14/09/2009 20:07:55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page