Page: of 10

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  18:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[

Kdion..... if you knew 'finelyfree' you would know that she is not talking opinion but fact. Nuff said here.

KD: Oh dear, #3 !

Free the Nuffs !
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  19:23:34  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdion11

quote:
[

Kdion..... if you knew 'finelyfree' you would know that she is not talking opinion but fact. Nuff said here.

KD: Oh dear, #3 !

Free the Nuffs !

Kdion... it can't only be me who is finding your 'free the....' humour is wearing a little thin now?
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  19:38:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah lk you can see how I'm kind of sensitive there to talk on the bands, eh?????..........
Go to Top of Page

TJSAbass
Fourth Love

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can only think that Arthur is somewhere laughing at all this, because as he tried to tell us, Love "forever changes"!
Personally, I feel that Johnny + BL is as entitled to use the name Love as Arthur was for all the post-FC lineups. And what exactly is Original, where do DC and Fleckenstine (sp?) fit in, when Michael played on the 2nd and 3rd albums, but not the first, why obsess over what is original? My feeling is that Love is a concept that is bigger than any finite lineup of personnel, it's like a big amoeba, where parts break off, and new parts get swallowed up, but it keeps on going. Zoom back a little people, and see The Big Picture!
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[

Kdion... it can't only be me who is finding your 'free the....' humour is wearing a little thin now?

KD: That's what all the girls say !

Free the cliches !
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  20:47:38  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
[

KD: That's what all the girls say !

Free the cliches !

I wish there was a 'Yawn' smilie on here...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  21:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by rocker

You know after taking all this in I'm going to have to disagree with jazmaan respectfully and note that the new band just can't be the Love as constituted when Arthur was in it. Technically, it's all different. Is it a fine band? Sure, absolutely and they're doing a great thing following say in what the original members have done. It's a new dawn so to speak with the "incarnation of Love" as Tina put it. Question is what do they hope to do? Put their own stamp on Love songs or use Love and go on and use that in developing their own direction? Not sure where the band is on that but surely they've thought about what they're doing. Either way if it's their goal then all power to them and an audience will follow.

.....this is not an opinion! I read that Baby Lemonade is also backing another legend--Brian Wilson on tour!! Speculation---maybe they are just happy to be out there....enjoying a celebration of the greatest music of all time. Arthur Lee & Brian Wilson.

Well, I don't doubt what you've read but, in the past, it's always been The Wondermints who have supported Brian on tour, I certainly havn't heard anything different recently.

It was in a Greenwich paper before the NY show, but we know how reliable the "news" media is....misprints abound. I thought it was the Wondewrmints too.

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  00:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They say that the American Civil War was fought over just one word: "The United States is......The United States are"

Edited by - John9 on 19/08/2009 00:25:50
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  01:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
btw The new biography on Syd (Legend) by Bob Cairns is worth checking out, in my humble opinion. Good luck finding it in the States (it came out in the UK)

Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  12:05:59  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TJSAbass

I can only think that Arthur is somewhere laughing at all this, because as he tried to tell us, Love "forever changes"!
Personally, I feel that Johnny + BL is as entitled to use the name Love as Arthur was for all the post-FC lineups. And what exactly is Original, where do DC and Fleckenstine (sp?) fit in, when Michael played on the 2nd and 3rd albums, but not the first, why obsess over what is original? My feeling is that Love is a concept that is bigger than any finite lineup of personnel, it's like a big amoeba, where parts break off, and new parts get swallowed up, but it keeps on going. Zoom back a little people, and see The Big Picture!

What a great post, you've summed up so well. Like I've said before, there have been so many members of 'Love' over the years I feel it's impossible to define. As Mike says on his blog, Arthur insisted the current band were 'Love' so, if it was good enough for him....
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  18:43:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[ Like I've said before, there have been so many members of 'Love' over the years I feel it's impossible to define. As Mike says on his blog, Arthur insisted the current band were 'Love' so, if it was good enough for him....

Yep, when he was in it............... I seem to recall when
Arthur stood the band up and bailed on their UK tour, the group
with JE put out a release saying they would continue without Arthur
and would call themselves the "Love Band" - not "Love".

Free the names !
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  20:35:36  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
[ Like I've said before, there have been so many members of 'Love' over the years I feel it's impossible to define. As Mike says on his blog, Arthur insisted the current band were 'Love' so, if it was good enough for him....

Yep, when he was in it............... I seem to recall when
Arthur stood the band up and bailed on their UK tour, the group
with JE put out a release saying they would continue without Arthur
and would call themselves the "Love Band" - not "Love".

Free the names !

This negativity is reallty getting depressing and, in my opinion, just a little bit OTT now.

When Arthur 'bailed out', as you put it, they changed the band name as they hoped Arthur would come back so they felt the need, on that tour, to differentiate, Obviously Arthur is not here now so there is only one 'Love' and that is the one that is currently playing some bl**dy excellent live shows.
Go to Top of Page

scully
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  21:04:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by finelyfree

It is because of the perpetuation of these bold-faced lies that some key members do not post here anymore.

Just wondering what that mean? -- do you mean members of band?
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  21:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by caryne

[

This negativity is reallty getting depressing and, in my opinion, just a little bit OTT now.

Nuff said ! (yawn)
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  21:45:37  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by caryne

[

Nuff said ! (yawn)

Yeah, we get the message and so hysterically funny you are too. Now perhaps we can talk about more positive stuff and leave the constant griping about 'Love'aside?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page