Page: of 10

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  01:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

Arthur liked to say he fired people, others chose to say they left....guess it's which version you want to believe really....

KD: Well Arthur had the Elektra contract and the offers for
gigs. He fired them all and got in new guys and called them Love
and put out new records for other labels as well . I guess I (and Elektra records and Jimi Hendrix too for that matter) believed Arthur.

Free the Love !
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  01:28:27  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdion11

[quote]Originally posted by caryne

For sure, everyone is entitled to their opinions but, I guess, some of us spent a whole lot of time with the guys who are now 'Love' when they played many dates in the UK and we do feel a little hurt when people call them a 'tribute act'

KD: Nobody called anybody a "Tribute Act" - go back and read
the posts. What they will be playing is surely a tribute though to the guys who wrote 100% of the songs - Arthur Lee and Bryan Maclean.

Free the leaders !

I think you are just playing with words here, it has certainly been implied here, and said by some on other posts before, that the current band are a 'tribute' act.

Edited by - caryne on 18/08/2009 01:29:27
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  01:30:42  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Arthur liked to say he fired people, others chose to say they left....guess it's which version you want to believe really....

and put out new records for other labels as well . I guess I (and Elektra records and Jimi Hendrix too for that matter) believed Arthur.

Free the Love !

Like I said, it's up to you what you believe, I wasn't there at the time and have heard many versions how/why people left so I'm keeping an open mind on this one.
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  01:36:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Free the Love !

It is because of the perpetuation of these bold-faced lies that some key members do not post here anymore.

I look forward to hearing as much LOVE music live as Johnny Echols is willing to perform.

LOVE and peace to all,
JJ

Edited by - ladylove on 18/08/2009 01:38:40
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  01:38:55  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by finelyfree

quote:

quote:

Free the Love !

It is because of the perpetuation of these bold-faced lies that some key members do not post here anymore.

I look forward to hearing as much LOVE music live as Johnny is willing to perform.

LOVE and peace to all,
JJ

I understand what you are getting at JJ, some people do like to spread these things with no real evidence. It's such a pity.
Go to Top of Page

jayson_valentine
Third Love

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  01:47:58  Show Profile  Visit jayson_valentine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

And Pink Floyd were not Pink Floyd once Gilmour joined the party????

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

Pink Floyd wasn't the same because it lost Barret, not because it gained Gilmour.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  01:52:06  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jayson_valentine

quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

And Pink Floyd were not Pink Floyd once Gilmour joined the party????

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

Pink Floyd wasn't the same because it lost Barret, not because it gained Gilmour.

I don't like any of their stuff after Syd left but I wouldn't deny that they were still Pink Floyd
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  05:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wait! did the Pink Floyd continue recording after Syd left?!

speaking of Gethesemene (as we weren't
that is gonna be SO cool if they can get Angel to arrange it a la
Forever Changes

I'm considering going to see the Love band; but they peaked with Forever Changes

I've been debating it since seeing Love Story - should Arthur have recorded as Love when the Four Sail band was clearly a different band

(it seems that Love fell apart when Bryan was offered a solo deal by Holzman, which Arthur clearly didn't wanna hear at the time)

To Holzman and others (Botnick) Arthur WAS Love though after the original band fell apart they never again really had that "magic"

Revelation aside of course !

Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  05:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
btw I understand the B side (Sad Song) to the new Sundazed single (Love jumped through my window b/w Sad song - both from Vindicator) will only appear on the single and not on the Love Lost album
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  15:15:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know after taking all this in I'm going to have to disagree with jazmaan respectfully and note that the new band just can't be the Love as constituted when Arthur was in it. Technically, it's all different. Is it a fine band? Sure, absolutely and they're doing a great thing following say in what the original members have done. It's a new dawn so to speak with the "incarnation of Love" as Tina put it. Question is what do they hope to do? Put their own stamp on Love songs or use Love and go on and use that in developing their own direction? Not sure where the band is on that but surely they've thought about what they're doing. Either way if it's their goal then all power to them and an audience will follow.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  15:38:23  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

You know after taking all this in I'm going to have to disagree with jazmaan respectfully and note that the new band just can't be the Love as constituted when Arthur was in it. Technically, it's all different. Is it a fine band? Sure, absolutely and they're doing a great thing following say in what the original members have done. It's a new dawn so to speak with the "incarnation of Love" as Tina put it. Question is what do they hope to do? Put their own stamp on Love songs or use Love and go on and use that in developing their own direction? Not sure where the band is on that but surely they've thought about what they're doing. Either way if it's their goal then all power to them and an audience will follow.

Of course it's not the same 'Love' as when Arthur was in it, the same way as all bands are not the same when key members leave (for whatever reason) but it is, as has been said, a new 'incarnation of Love' and that is something that makes me very happy. What they choose to do next is up to them but I wish everyone success in whatever it is.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  17:46:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

.....this is not an opinion! I read that Baby Lemonade is also backing another legend--Brian Wilson on tour!! Speculation---maybe they are just happy to be out there....enjoying a celebration of the greatest music of all time. Arthur Lee & Brian Wilson.

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  17:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[

I understand what you are getting at JJ, some people do like to spread these things with no real evidence. It's such a pity.
[/quote]

KD: So people who don't agree with your opinions are "spreading
bold faced lies" ? Oh dear.

People seem to be reacting quite emotionaly to things of late.

Oh dear # 2

Free the dears !
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  18:12:21  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
[

KD: So people who don't agree with your opinions are "spreading
bold faced lies" ? Oh dear.

People seem to be reacting quite emotionaly to things of late.

Oh dear # 2

Free the dears !
[/quote]A

Kdion..... if you knew 'finelyfree' you would know that she is not talking opinion but fact. Nuff said here.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  18:14:09  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:

.....this is not an opinion! I read that Baby Lemonade is also backing another legend--Brian Wilson on tour!! Speculation---maybe they are just happy to be out there....enjoying a celebration of the greatest music of all time. Arthur Lee & Brian Wilson.

Well, I don't doubt what you've read but, in the past, it's always been The Wondermints who have supported Brian on tour, I certainly havn't heard anything different recently.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page