Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2009 :  04:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just listening to the recent Ray Davies release, Symphonic Kinks

very strange to hear Village Green tracks like Picture Book and Village Green sung with a backing choral group (!)

The Great Lost Album by the Kinks is one of their better albums, actually. Outtakes from Village Green, obscure B sides and tracks cut by Ray for tv (When I turn out the living room light). God its good
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2009 :  05:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

very strange to hear Village Green tracks like Picture Book and Village Green sung with a backing choral group (!)

The Great Lost Album by the Kinks is one of their better albums, actually. Outtakes from Village Green, obscure B sides and tracks cut by Ray for tv (When I turn out the living room light). God its good

I'll have to see if I can find the boot somewhere.....how did you find yours, Joe?

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2009 :  14:28:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

I'll have to see if I can find the boot somewhere.....how did you find yours, Joe?

I think I have it. There may ve have been a Vol 2. Both were downloaded. Will have a look.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2009 :  18:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theres a Neue version of the Kinks Great Lost Kinks Album

but I think you want is the one with the Kinks AND the Dave Davies "great lost kinks albums" respectively

probably would've gotten them at Midnight Records. Might sell the lost album of the Kinks at Amazon, or on eBay. Tho Half.com is doubtful

definitely one of their better albums. Love that Daves "Groovy movies"!

it was withdrawn in 1972 by Reprise in the US (don't think it saw release inthe UK, where the Kinks contract was fulfilled by the Percy movie soundtrack), so its hard to find. Mendelsohn did the liner notes for the album, as he did for the Kinks Kronikles
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2009 :  19:09:20  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love The Kinks but shouldn't all this 'Kinks' talk be in the other part of this forum?
Go to Top of Page

otiselevator
Third Love

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 31/07/2009 :  23:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just got my order in. I've always felt in a minority thinking "Vindicator" was an important side of Arthur and a great heavy rock album. I can't wait to hear these demos and as far an undiscovered album from 1971 is concerned......WOW! Incidentally if you listen to the Johnny Echols radio interview, posted elsewhere, he says he's working on the after Forever Changes "Gethsemane" recordings with arranger David Angel and they will be released. I can understand people saying they'll believe it when they hear it but he sounded pretty convincing. Truly the Arthur Lee story remains to be fully told!
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  04:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess he didnt mention a release date

wonder if Angel has his own web site

an first UK pressing of the first Love album on vinyl just sold for 432.89 - people are still interested in LoVE!

item 230359299964
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  04:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If a new Love album on Sundazed gets us segueing to the Kinks and then back to Love again....cool!...who cares!.... it's just a little segue....this ain't school. I Love it here-- wherever we are.

Speaking of Love double live albums on Sundazed...anyone get the new Moby Grape double live album on Sundazed?

Edited by - lemonade kid on 05/08/2009 04:08:11
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  05:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of Love (as we weren't

a lost album by Love, after all this time..

It makes you wonder what else is out there. Outtakes from Real to Reel like "Graveyard help" & etc

It seems that Love is the band that will not die. As Bryan was saying in the Love Story dvd, the band would keep "popping up" (Frankenstein style)

"I do wonder" if the tour will do well however. It seems to be the Spinal Tap of tours, what with people dying and bands dropping out and so forth - one fears they'll have to play an airforce base

People are still interested in the group - but will they be interested in a Love album without Arthur Lee, is the question

A Love tour would probably do better in Europe now though - I can't imagine that most people here in the States can really afford to see shows, what with the economy failing and it going on endless year after endless year of the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan. You just feel rather a hopeless of despair, though thats probably because so much of the population is unemployed
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  17:44:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...and how many concert goers have even heard of LoVE??!! Not enough in one area to fill a club. That's why tours like California '66 are the only way to get the LoVE out there!

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  04:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how has it been going? any reviews of the show out there? it seems that Love is the only band playing now

At least they're not going thru drummers like Spinal Tap howsoever
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  06:13:56  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mikes blog on first gig!:
http://www.thefreedomman.com/love/diary820.htm

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  07:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theres an interview with Mike about the late Saxon on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYX2BCLZGwg

and being interviewed here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26V5olAYehs
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  23:17:23  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

If a new Love album on Sundazed gets us segueing to the Kinks and then back to Love again....cool!...who cares!.... it's just a little segue....this ain't school. I Love it here-- wherever we are.

Speaking of Love double live albums on Sundazed...anyone get the new Moby Grape double live album on Sundazed?

It was a joke, didn't you see the
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  05:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres my Kinks box set review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltwIQy2Ae30

not sure Picture Book is gonna see a release here in the States though
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page