Annapolis, MD 10/17/04
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryan
First Love

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2004 :  23:40:07  Show Profile  Visit ryan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I drove four hours from New Jersey to see Love at the Rams Head Tavern in Annapolis, Md. The room is an intimate 250 seats and Love was the featured act. Not that I don't like The Zombies but I had hoped to possibly see a more extended Love show. This wasn't to be the case as they played the exact set they had played at Town Hall in New York though in a slightly different order. They began with "A House is Not a Motel" followed by "Alone Again Or" and on down the list. A guest trumpet player appeared for the solo in "Alone Again Or" to enthusiastic audience response and was not seen again the rest of the evening. Johnny Echols was on stage for the whole show mostly playing rhythm but occasionally trading solos with Mike Randle. Arthur's voice was strong and his rapport with audience was very good as everyone was there specifically to see him. After closing the show with "You Set the Scene" the band left the stage to a standing ovation returning for an encore with "Live and Let Live" and "Between Clark and Hilldale". My only complaint is that the show at just over an hour was much too short. I would have "Loved" to hear "She Comes in Colors", "August", "Andmoreagain" and many others.
Ryan

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2004 :  00:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the review Ryan. I guess having two main bands on means that there is less time for both groups. I think it's better when Love area headlining and they have a half hour support group and 1 and a half hours of pure joy from AL and co.

So, I wonder what's next?

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page