Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2007 :  07:17:39  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Jazmaan, thats realy great. Thanks so much.
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2007 :  22:39:40  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeh that vid is brilliant, thanks jazmaan.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2007 :  23:25:12  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Man, really awesome!

Edited by - The Freedom Man on 26/09/2007 23:25:20
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2007 :  04:54:24  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Malmo was one of the best. To put it in context, it had been many, many years since Love had toured Europe. In fact, I'm not sure they ever did a real tour, I think it was more like one-offs here and there. So given Arthur's rep, there was a lot of resistance and skepticism that Gene Kraut had to overcome in booking this tour. And although we wanted to believe, nobody was really sure exactly what to expect, and everyone, including Arthur himself, had lingering doubts.

The first stop on the tour, Odense, Denmark was less than stellar, to put it diplomatically. Unfortunately, THAT stop was picked for a live broadcast on Danish radio! The next stop Copenhagen went a lot better. A nice large crowd at a big hall and we were amazed to find that the audience was so young and yet they seemed to know all the words to the songs. I recall an afterparty where the host was in his twenties but had a great collection of LOVE rarities on vinyl.

The next stop in Oslo was a very small club so Gene didn't make much money on that leg, but the music was pretty good. Next stop was Stockholm and finally we had a nice modern club and good attendance. So by the time we got to Malmo, everyone was believing that this could really be happening. We were also really pleased to find that our hotel, the Malmo Radisson, was new and spacious like nothing we'd seen to that point. (Our other hotel rooms in Europe seemed like closets compared to rooms in the States.)

Gene was overjoyed to find that the club in Malmo was sold out! And we quickly sold out all our merchandise too! (I had to call Rhino Records in L.A. and get them to Fedex a crate of LoveStory CD's to our next destination.) So everyone was feeling good in Malmo as you can see onstage. And we had a great afterparty in Mike's suite which I've still got some treasured photos from. I'd post them but if my wife saw them I'd catch hell! Hey, I was single then! And for the record, in case Diane is reading this, Arthur did NOT attend that party and he NEVER showed the slightest interest in womanizing on that tour. As for the rest of the band, well I'm sworn to secrecy!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page