Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  08:56:05  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
11th April 2005, Edinburgh Liquid Rooms. A great show, out of many great shows, and one we shared with so many friends. Arthur seemed so fit and well then.

http://yourmindandwe.blogspot.com/2005/05/no-23-edinburgh-liquid-room-11th-april.html

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  15:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tina

October 14, 2004 Scottish Rite Auditorium, Collingswood NJ. Real nice art-deco auditorium, lots of wood, and decent acoustics. I sat and talked with both Arthur and Johnny after the show...about Laurel Canyon.

This one was the night after I saw them at Town Hall, NYC 10/13/04.

Such great memories

Allan
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  20:55:45  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
September, 29th, 2004.
Wilshire Ebell Theatre, Los angeles

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

scully
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  21:10:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
27th March 2005 at The Rocket in London. Unfortunately I can't recall it with a huge amount of affection, it seemed off centre to me.

I always recall AL as he was in 2002/3 - those shows are amongst the greatest I've ever seen by anyone....
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  21:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did Sheffield, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow on that tour in 2005. So Glasgow, Carling Academy, being the last time for me. Yes Tina, there was a nice "gathering" for the Liquid room gig in Edinburgh. Great memories.
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  22:27:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
same as Scully, The Rocket, North London 27-3-05.
W as a strange atmos, with the Northen Soul crowd, Mods et. al....
i was sitting on the stage looking at teh crowd aftetr Love.s set, when i felt the presence of someone to my left,It was Arthur peeking out at the scene, i gave him the international "thumbs up" sign and he did the same. I did,nt want to hassle him, as he looked like he didn,t need it. Eventually he moved across the stage next to me, i said "Nice gig man" Arthur said "Thank you man" we shook hands and he went down in to the crowd to sign autographs and pose for telefone_camers shots with Rusty acting as minder.
thats my main mempory of the gig, that and sitting with the mods chatting till the 1st tube started at 6.A.M.
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  01:20:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I last saw Arthur perform live on 5 April 2005 at the Concorde 2 in Brighton. It was the culmination of a three night "Love-Fest" starting in Sheffield on April 3, followed by Norwich on the 4th and finally Brighton. Arthur and Johnny signed my ticket that night - it's sitting here in a frame now.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

razorboy
First Love

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  03:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
park west, chicago october 8th 2004... i think it was the best show of the three times i saw him. i feel really lucky to have been there. johnny was a surprise that night, my friends and i didn't know he'd be there. arthur had an attitude, and just blew everyone away.

to say he's missed is a massive understatement.
Go to Top of Page

Ruckus
Second Love

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  05:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wed June 23ed 2005
The second to last show at Cafe Du Nord in San Francisco.
I'm soooo glad and Forever greatful for making the trip.
I got to help Arthur up the (Very Tall) stairs and get him into a cab after talking with him and Johnny for a bit AND having the band sign the set list.
-Rob Ruckus
Go to Top of Page

Aake
Fourth Love

Sweden
112 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  01:32:39  Show Profile  Visit Aake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glasgow, Carling Academy 2005 was my and also Arthur's last show in the UK.
I did The Rocket, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow on that 2005 tour all were just great and so many good memories.
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  20:27:08  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bristol Bierkeller, March 2005. The first and only time I saw Arthur perform live. What a night.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  00:35:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Academy, Manchester early summer 2002. Arthur allowed the rest of the band to get into position before taking to the stage himself - thereby causing the sell out crowd to chant his name repeatedly in frenzied expectation. When he did appear, he was drinking from a bottle of mineral water and beaming at the appreciation shown. Then he started tapping his tambourine in perfect timing for 'Little Red Book' - and we just knew that the old magic had returned. Mind you, the concert was very nearly abandoned after about the third song when a crazed fan threw water over the stage. Arthur flew into a rage, repeatedly shouting "Hey man you can't just throw water over my guitarist - you try that again and I'm out of here!" Much later on, Arthur took a mouthful of water and then spewed it from the stage and over the earlier offender. He then laughed and said "Hey man, you know I didn't mean it!" Does anyone else remember all this? It was a fantastic concert and there must have been more than a thousand people there. But then I suppose that the best concert is always the one you were at!

Edited by - John9 on 09/08/2007 01:11:47
Go to Top of Page

scully
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  12:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John,

I remember that show as one of the best I saw Love play. When the crowd chanted Arthur's name over and over I was so proud of the town in which I was born, it brought a tear to my eye.

Total genius.

Mike's diary of the gig http://www.thefreedomman.com/love/diary24.html

Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  12:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved that gig, right at the front loving every minute, that was the night I fell on mani from primal scream/stone roses at the back!
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  22:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Scully

Thanks for the link - and for the recollection. Manchester is my home town as well - and according to Arthur Lee's comments in the 'Four Sail' booklet, it is also Drachen Theaker's. The thing that I found really moving from that gig was the age profile of the audience - there was a girl miming and jiving away next to us who cannot have been more than twenty and yet she seemed to know every word to every song - for some reason I especially noticed this on 'Singing Cowboy'.
Go to Top of Page

mlucifersam
First Love

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2007 :  14:01:53  Show Profile  Visit mlucifersam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Manchester Academy in 2005 with Johnny Echols. Was fantastic. Still can't believe I won't see him again! :(

Mark R Jones,
Manchester UK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page