The Tracks of Richard Hawley's years
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2007 :  20:56:38  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/bruce/tracks/index.shtml?thisweek

Just caught the end of Alone Again Or on the car radio when I was driving around today - and then heard Richard Hawley waxing lyrical about Forever Changes. Nice choice of tracks generally - I always rated the guy.

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2007 :  22:15:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know the nice thing about this place is that i get a chance to learn about some new music and singers. Mr. Hawley is supposed to be a Sheffield UK guy so I guess that's why I never heard of him over here. I guess he's a local boy? Anyway, I listened to some of his clips and hey he's got some real good songs there...seems he likes his ballads! Nice to know he's onto FC...
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2007 :  08:02:37  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad to be of service Rocker.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  14:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just an fyi..I've been hunting for Richard's stuff here and I think I'm going to have to hunt on the Net. I did manage to wrangle a copy of "Lowedges". I think people are missing something around here if you ask me...he's unknown and I've made a discovery..thx...
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  19:56:53  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.amazon.com/Coles-Corner-Richard-Hawley/dp/B000AA4LN2

I listen to this album quite a lot - lovely! Read the comments!!
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  20:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes,it's on my list!... and I do have 'Lady's Bridge' on order..there's another one too..'Late Night Final' that I'll probably get...I'll say Rich puts the "croon" in crooner and his guitar work works like an embellishment!..They guy's a cool craftsman! And I think Richard should make a side-trip here..his standard of livng will go up you know?.......

Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  21:32:35  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hawley

I think he's already been and didn't like it much - he's a Sheffield lad through and through.

Past collaborator Jarvis Cocker is of course one of the guest vocalists for the London Sinfonietta / Baby Lemonade "Sgt Pepper" project - which is going to be brilliant!! Milano here we come...
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  22:02:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool...enjoy..enjoy!...
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  22:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...and I can see he had a rough time here...touring can kill a guy....really I hope he's done with the drugs but I can understand having a pint you know?......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page