Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jazzy mary
Third Love

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  01:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John, why didn't you say anything? I'm not positive if I remember you...

Go to Top of Page

JohnFPorcaro
Fourth Love

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  01:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jazzy mary

I did not realize that was you from the message board. I was standing by the door with you and your family after the Love concert, I had a hat & a black jacket on.
Go to Top of Page

JohnFPorcaro
Fourth Love

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  01:59:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jazzy mary

I did not realize that was you from the message board. I was standing by the door with you and your family after the Love concert, I had a hat & a black jacket on.
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  05:20:22  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the Town Hall venue may have been similar to the Wilshire-Ebell venue in L.A. which was a bit stuffy and too sedate for rock and roll. Seats are ok but they also need some standing room like the Henry Fonda Theater in Hollywood which has a great balcony and a huge no seats area below.

As for the sound - sometimes it may sound great in the audience but lousy on stage. That's how Mike Randle felt about the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano. Or vice versa it may sound lousy in the audience but great to the band.
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  16:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry, what a shame the venue didn't create the right atmosphere for you although by all accounts it was a good show.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  20:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good show terrible sound where I was sat Gill, it was a poor mix and grossly underpowered.Just bright white light on stage so not much change in atmos there either.
Go to Top of Page

geef
First Love

2 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2004 :  00:12:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to mister sonic bloom,
mister mike randell is great for the love band...... he plays all the orchestrated pieces on that guitar of his(thats amazing), i have seen the love band every gig pretty much since march and they get bertter every time.
i think the ****y solo award on this tour goes to mister Johnny echolls. so leave mike out of it.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2004 :  05:24:50  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah, the henry fonda is good: balcony seats(for us old cats), and big floor for stage area dancers , standers, and pit enthusiates. the wilshire ebell , i don't know...i had a great seat, i love the intimacy, i have no complaint, then again i'm not a stander or dancer...just good seats really close up is all i want, (and good sound). THAT SHOW WAS THE BEST for me for viewing and comfort. i mean, man, i got there 4 hours early to get a 5 rows back, center seat, (general admission, first come, first served seating). i had perfect seat. actually , any closer,(which i could have had,) would have me looking up, 3 feet from the stage, and a narrow view of show. logistics wise, that show was awesome! artistically: that show rocked, and Arthur was HOT!!!
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2004 :  08:15:34  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got to the Wilshire Ebell late - missed half of the Zombies set - but was still able to sit 3rd row center. There were more than a few empty seats scattered about.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page