Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  19:37:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx caryne..yes, the National are a pretty good Brooklyn band!.I'll have to check out the "Tinders"...
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2008 :  03:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought Black 47's new album called "Iraq." The first time I heard of them, a friend lent me their album, "On Fire". There is a great song on there called Rockin the Bronx, that is a wonderful fusion of celtic and rap. Ya gotta hear it. Then I got to see them live at a Celtic festival, and I bought their Iraq album. It's explained as a concept album from the point of view of a soldier in Iraq basically trying to stay alive. I love this album. It is exciting, passionate, and rocks like a m*f*.
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2008 :  23:12:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend gave me a nice four disc collection called Four Decades of Folk Rock. This is a beautiful set that I think pretty much everybody here would like. Right now I'm listening to a track by The Waterboys, who I've never heard before. It starts with the 60's and goes to the 90's and beyond with about 18 tracks per disc.
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/Four-Decades-of-Folk-Rock/e/610583183221
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  05:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What, nobody but me buys records? I just bought an album that I had never heard of the band and it turned out to be excellent. I was looking for German music to put on a slide show, and I wandered into a record store and low and behold - "Heimlich" by 17 Hippies! There are at least two singers, a man and a woman, clarinet, accordion, some other horns. There are songs in English, German and French. The music is nice and a variety of tempos and moods. It came with a little book with all the lyrics in all three languages.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TRRXNG/ref=pd_krex_dmusic_artist?ie=UTF8&parent=B000VOUULO
Go to Top of Page

ed the bear
Fourth Love

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  00:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clearly, Barb, you're keeping the record industry alive on your own. I blathered endlessly about a Yardbirds' Greatest Hits album, but on the wrong thread.

Edited by - ed the bear on 01/04/2008 00:12:40
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  00:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle
Stax - Chartbusters Vol.1

Two great compilations
Go to Top of Page

ed the bear
Fourth Love

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  08:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YardbirdsMania again in the Bear household.
"For Your Love" and "Rave Up" re-issues are excellent. "Rave Up" was one of the first rock albums I ever bought, way back in the BVinyl Age. Nice to have it again.

Big Creedence fan here, too.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  18:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just bought two new albums of very contrasting music -

My Bloody Underground - The Brian Jonestown Massacre (psychedelic rock)

Turn The Water On Boy - The Coal Porters (blue grass)
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  19:51:11  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bells Will Ring
From Sydney
This is the Record i've Listened to the Most this year
HIGHLY Record mended

We All Chime ON!!

Watch out form them!!

http://www.myspace.com/belleswillring
Go to Top of Page

undergroundbasement
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  20:21:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought the three-disc 40th Anniversary reissue of Pink Floyd's "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn."

Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  23:38:10  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i just bought the Bloomfielf Kooper Stills Super-Session cd. it's about time! it's SUPER!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  05:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just watched a documentary called "Dig" on two bands - The Brian Jonestown Massacre and The Dandy Warhols. Hair raising and fascinating. I recommend it. For the music, but more to watch the leader of BJM, Anton Newcombe. I don't want to blather endlessly about genius, but he is one. Also, he's mentally unhinged. The more I learn of these great musicians lives, it seems many of them are. To him, life would be unbearable if he wasn't creating music and giving it to the world, and he lives in a state of madness and excess to be able to create the way he wants to. The other band, The Dandy Warhols, are a good band, too. They consider themselves well adjusted, and end up being much more popular and successful, but the leader, Courtney Taylor, always knows that Anton is far superior in talent.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388888/
What I bought recently is "The Outsiders - Strange Things Are Happening, the complete singles 1965-1969."

Edited by - barbinberkeley on 08/04/2008 05:39:32
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  21:37:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After listening to My Bloody Underground - BJM, a few times now, I have to reiterate what I have always felt, and in agreement with Barb, Anton Newcombe is a genius!
Go to Top of Page

undergroundbasement
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  06:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I bought Nirvana "Outcesticide Volume I". This is a bootleg released on Blue Moon Records in the mid '90's and consists of tracks from the band's earliest recording sessions.

"I just don't want you using up my time, 'cause that's not right!"
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  05:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob Dylan's Boxed set "live at Royal Albert Hall", 2 disc 200 gram LPs, 54 page book......
doesn't get any better!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page