Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2007 :  18:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the National's "Alligators"...checked it out after Martin's rec on the band...their new one (Boxer I think) sounds real good too..
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2007 :  20:29:33  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jethro Tull - The Very Best Of.....just dipping in to a bit of this as it sounded good, listening to it at the mo and it's cool.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  04:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alone Again

I bought the Essential Byrds at the weekend.Its an excellent compilation.Hadnt heard much of their latter material but listenin the to the second disc I was blown away!
Anybody else make some interesting purchases lately?

Doors--The Soft Parade...Brown label NM
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  04:44:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kula John

Kak - Kak Ola

Been wanting this album for ages, just picked it up off eay.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

EXCELLENT! I've been trying to turn people on to that one for years. Guess you guessed that by my moniker. I have the vinyl re-issue on Epic.My friend has an original white label promo.
I know your CD has a lot of great extras, but for me vinyl is always first on my wish list.

Have you got the the later Blue Cheer--"The Original Human Being" & "Oh Pleasant Hope"?
Said to be the next best thing to having follow up LPs to KAK ( Gary Lee Yoder).
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  04:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ALLANAGAIN

Hi Rocker mate....V.U. sure still do hold up, i had them on a couple of days ago..."pale blue eyes"..."what goes on".."rock n roll".
Like LOVE, absolotley timeless mate.
Allan

Picked up the Velvets & Nico MONO reissue on vinyl.. In my top 10 all time list for sure!
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  14:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some band, VU..recently I think there's a "back to the future" kind of thing with the kind of music the VU started when I hear some of these new "alt-whatever" bands...I think you can't get away from that undercurrent of malaise, moodiness or dread that seems to be coming from the music...heh heh I don't know...I guess some like to mope!.......
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2007 :  20:33:16  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The David - Another Day, Another lifetime
What a great psyche/pop album this is!!

Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2008 :  01:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stretchin' Out in Bootsy's Rubber Band - Very Funky (I love the funk!!)
Iron Butterfly - In Da Gadda Da Vida - Great record
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2008 :  14:56:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The Association 'Waterbeds in Trinidad' - the album they made for Columbia in 1972 having been fired by Warner Brothers. It really is West Coast soft rock at its very best - especially their etherial version of Carole King's 'Snow Queen'. This fine vocal harmony group (who always played all their own instruments and were every bit as good live as they were in the studio) were always criminally overlooked here in the UK - despite the amazing chart success of their singles in America.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  02:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alone Again

I bought the Essential Byrds at the weekend.Its an excellent compilation.Hadnt heard much of their latter material but listenin the to the second disc I was blown away!
Anybody else make some interesting purchases lately?

Traffic on vinyl...their first LP. Amazing band & music still today.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  02:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

The Association 'Waterbeds in Trinidad' - the album they made for Columbia in 1972 having been fired by Warner Brothers. It really is West Coast soft rock at its very best - especially their etherial version of Carole King's 'Snow Queen'. This fine vocal harmony group (who always played all their own instruments and were every bit as good live as they were in the studio) were always criminally overlooked here in the UK - despite the amazing chart success of their singles in America.

Their first LP with "Cherish" (the pop hit)...much of the rest is very folk/rock/psych!
Don't forget "Along Comes Mary"...one of the first bit hit drug-tunes to get by the censors .
I agree; amazingly talented musicians/singers/songwriters.

Edited by - lemonade kid on 16/04/2008 23:21:35
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  13:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw the Association yesterday among a number of other 60's group doing sets for the tv station's plugging of their 60's era cds. They sure had a big personnel lineup! They did that big pop hit "Never My Love"..... and I always liked "Everything That Touches You" which was such a great and different pop song. It never gets old for me. I thought it could have been written today.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  20:24:22  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nick Cave's 'Dig Lazarus Dig', damn fine new album, well worth checking out
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  20:26:37  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

the National's "Alligators"...checked it out after Martin's rec on the band...their new one (Boxer I think) sounds real good too..

All the stuff by 'The National' is excellent. Met my partner at a gig by them last year so like them even more

PS If you like The National you may like Tindersticks (similar at times) they have a new album out next month that I am eagerly awaiting
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  18:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monday I picked up Savoy Brown - Raw Sienna (which was a total crap-shoot for me, never having heard a note from them). Only played the A-side thus far, but was not unimpressed. It's pretty good early-seventies blues-based rock.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page