Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2007 :  13:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently bought some nice LP's Rory Gallagher - Calling Card,Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life,Moody Blues - On the Threshold of a Dream.Haven't got to listen to any of em yet as my record player isnt workin at the moment.
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2007 :  00:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Moddy Blues "Thresehold Of A Dream"..thanks for reminding me, i,ll give it a play again.
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2007 :  03:27:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Old Man, I want to thank you so much for bring up The Pretty Things. I bought Rage before Beauty and am now completely besotted and in love! I actually went out and paid for a brand new copy of Balboa Island. How can these people be so unknown? I played it for my grandson in the car, and I asked him how old he thought these guys were. He thought they were in their 30's. Then I showed him the picture. Ha-ha-ha! Keep rockin' and you never get old!
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2007 :  22:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you're enjoying the Pretty's Barb. There is a book about the Pretty Things by Alan Lakey called Growing Old Disgracefully that came out about 3 years ago, well worth a read. The title of the book sums them up perfectly.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2007 :  17:33:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heh heh Old Man...you know they were banned here at one time!!...such was rock'n'roll at one time....
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2007 :  21:15:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are still banned from Australia and New Zealand apparently.
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2007 :  00:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard they were banned in NZ for Vivian Prince, the deranged drummer, setting the club on fire during their set. What a bunch of wussies (heh-heh). I must see Phil May sing before one of us dies. I can't find any info on where or if they are appearing anywhere. Isn't it customary for a band to tour after releasing a record?
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2007 :  18:44:18  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looking forward to hearing the new Pretty Things album.. saw them play live on the same bill as LOVE at Canterbury Fayre in 2002 and at Bristol Fleece a few weeks later..

Paris Journal and Doors Forums at http://timparistalk.proboards99.com
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2007 :  21:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Currently listening to 'Acid Daze' a free cd from Uncut back in 2003....its very cool.

p.s bought it off ebay

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....

Edited by - Kula John on 19/09/2007 21:36:33
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2007 :  22:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finding any current information on the Pretty Things is notoriously difficult. They don't have an official website(that's kept up to date), they do have a myspace site but there is no info about any tour. The word about a tour came from their record label I beleive, on the release of Balboa Island. I also beleive the tour was going to start in the U.S. According to this new site - http://www.alllightup.com/tour.php the tour is UK and Europe. One date I do know of in the UK is at the Eel Pie Club in Twickenham, Friday Nov 30. The best place for what limited info there is seems to be this site - http://www.pretties.de/ The discussion forum is the place to look, not the guest book so much.
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2007 :  06:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Old Man, I'm going to London for the concert at Eel Pie Club. Now is a good time for cheap airfare, so I might as well. Seize the day, right? Thank you so much for the info!
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2007 :  06:35:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the Eric Burdon book, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Kim Kesterson played bass in The Eric Burdon Band/1974. They made two albums, Sun Secrets and Stop. "These were released by Capitol Records without my(Eric Burdon's) permission and now appear together on one CD, Sun Secrets/Stop."
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2007 :  19:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I could go too Barb, it should be great. I'm still hoping for more dates so I don't have to travel all the way from north east Scotland.
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2007 :  21:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish you could go too,I'll try to take pictures.
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  17:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seasick Steve - Dog House Music.Bought it today,a great blues musician who ive been ravin' about since i saw him 2 weeks ago.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page