Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  19:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mary Lee's Corvette - Love, loss and Lunacy. I think it's brilliant!
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2007 :  08:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought Soul of a Man by Eric Burdon. It's a whole different animal from the old days. I like it, though. There's a beautiful song called Slow Moving Train written by John Keller and Tonio K. It's about the train that brought Robert Kennedy's body from California, where he was assassinated, to Washington D.C. I found a website by the photographer who was on the train and took the pictures of the people who lined the railroad line to say goodbye to RFK, if anybody wants to check it out.
http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0108/train_intro.htm

Edited by - barbinberkeley on 19/10/2007 08:15:25
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2007 :  02:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just made a pretty amazing score at my local record store that I've been going to for over 25 years, and watched them grow from a tiny little room with uneven creaky floors, into the large retailer they are now with several stores around my State. Anyway they've been around the block long enough to know better, but somehow I walked out of there Friday evening with an Elektra Gold Label original pressing of the Door's Strange Days for $3.00. The cover is fully intact, no splits, rather well-rubbed though, and the vinyl is pretty crackly but no skips. I cranked it way up and you barely notice.
It was even more pleasing because it fills a 19-year old hole in my collection, where I lost my old Red label one in a fire.
Go to Top of Page

ed the bear
Fourth Love

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2007 :  08:27:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
barb -- thanks for the link. the pictures are a beautiful, painful tribute the memory of when one of the best of us was murdered.
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2007 :  00:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just came back from Brussels with some nice LP's i found in this great record shop; a nice Eddie Cockran compilation,Easy Rider,Parliament-Funkentelechy vs. the Placebo Syndrome and Vindicator which i've been lookin for for ages.Its a new print and was a nice uplift to the day as i had just got word that while away my Vespa was robbed.
Go to Top of Page

barbinberkeley
Fourth Love

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  05:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have, in my hot little hand, the gorgeous new album called Raising Sand by Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. Their extraordinary voices blend and weave together and wrap you up in a magic spell. If you are at all tempted to buy this album, go out and do it because you won't be disappointed. I am new to Alison Krauss, and I don't usually buy country or bluegrass, but this is yummy yummy. This is not really traditional bluegrass, there is plenty of bass and drum. Robert sounds just like Robert. Great band including T-Bone Burnett, who also produced it. Here's a little video I made of one of the songs for youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7RLjMmY5Q8
I have a MySpace where I keep the videos I've been making, so here is the URL:
http://www.myspace.com/barbh1
If you click on the tab above the video that is shown, you will get a list. I have The Pretty Things, Love, Carl Wayne with The Move, Eric Burdon , Alison and Robert, and Dion, so far.

Edited by - barbinberkeley on 12/11/2007 02:04:49
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  12:35:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roy Harper - Stormcock (re-mastered)
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  21:51:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Magenta - 'The Singles'. Magenta are a wonderful present day British(actually Welsh) progressive band who enjoy an extremely loyal cult following. They have in lead vocalist, Christina Booth one of the best voices I've heard this side of the Millenium. I was introduced to them last year by a mate of mine who writes for 'Fireworks' - we drove over to Rotherham to catch an excellent gig. Information about them can be found at:

www.magenta-web.com

Edited by - John9 on 27/10/2007 21:55:35
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2007 :  19:47:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just went on a bit of a binge: Arthur Conley-Platinum Collection, Tom Waits-Blue Valentine,REM-Automatic for the People,Booker T & the MG's-Platinum Collection and I was delighted to come across Byan Maclean-ifyoubelievein in a record shop I was in just to kill so time.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  17:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
raising sand also..youe right, it is beautiful and roberts voice is in fine form, love gone gone gone!!
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  13:05:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bought a bunch the other week:

Revival - John Fogerty
Chrome Dreams II - Neil Young
Long Road to Eden - Eagles
Charles Manson Sings
Live at the BBC - Caravan
My Labors - Nick Gravenites
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  20:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shack ..time machine...a "best of" album with the inevitable 2 new tracks!!
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  14:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Richard Hawley...Lady's Bridge..fine set of songs.. love his guitar work over the vocals...
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  15:42:24  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nirvana - The Story of Simon Simopath

Various - Fairytales Can come True (collection of UK pop-psyche)

Dungen - Dungen

The Fast Camels - The Magic Optician

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2007 :  22:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dungen! Great band!

Last record(s) I got was the Creedence Clearwater Revival boxset!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page